bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Royal Defense: Invisible Threat technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 11, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Defense: Invisible Threat technical issues here only

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 11, 13 5:18 AM
Based on the dreadful reviews this game got I thought I'd see just how awful it was. Well, downloaded it and clicked the "Play" button and... ... nothing. Tried again, and ... ... nothing. Uninstalled, re-installed, and the same thing. It also seemed to render my Game Manager unresponsive. I won't be trying again. (For what it's worth, this has never happened before with any of the MANY games I've gotten from Big Fish.)

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Jun 11, 13 6:22 AM
same here, only not only does it not open, I get a crash report.

[Post New]by sskoufatos on Jun 11, 13 6:28 AM
Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled again....nothing happens when I press play. Please fix this!

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jun 11, 13 10:20 AM
Same here also, downloaded ok, pressed the play radio button, got a quick flash of a black screen and then nothing, uninstalled like the others three times but still the same result.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 11, 13 1:27 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering problems getting the game to open. Depending on the operating system you're playing on, it might help to go through the recommendations on our help article here to see they might aid in getting the game running:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can take a closer look at that for you.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jun 12, 13 11:25 AM
mgpaquin wrote:Based on the dreadful reviews this game got I thought I'd see just how awful it was. Well, downloaded it and clicked the "Play" button and... ... nothing. Tried again, and ... ... nothing. Uninstalled, re-installed, and the same thing. It also seemed to render my Game Manager unresponsive. I won't be trying again. (For what it's worth, this has never happened before with any of the MANY games I've gotten from Big Fish.)

Same here. I'm on a PC running Windows XP. Got no report or error messages to speak of. Just a flash of a white screen and no game, no anything. Not worth my time I guess. Uninstalling and hoping it wasn't a great game after all.

Edited on 06/12/2013 at 11:27:38 AM PST

gracewreck
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by gracewreck on Jun 12, 13 8:09 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a technical issue, but I created the discussion "Incredibly Difficult" and it seems that there are two different versions of the game that people have downloaded. The one that I and at least one other person have gotten has set rewards for the level and one difficulty setting, but everyone else seems to have a version more similar to the original game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times with no difference. I can't get past the first few levels because of these differences and I feel like I've wasted my time and money. Is anyone else having this issue and is there anything that can explain why there would be two different versions?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 13, 13 6:49 AM
Heya Fishies,

SilverBranch - It might be that the game not loading and flashing like this is connected to some of the software on your system being in need of an update. You can easily check this by following the steps that you can find here.

gracewreck - That does sound a bit odd indeed! I don't think we have released 2 versions of the game but since uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help it might be good to get in touch with our Tech Support Team to get that looked at and to get the currently saved profile removed as it could be that something went wrong and is now blocking your game.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left. If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on Jun 15, 13 2:00 AM
Okay - same here, on the mac 10.6.8.

Download okay, no opening. I must say, I do download - AND buy - heaps of these silly little games, so am not really motivated to go an get treated like a child by the support team - even if they are a friendly lot ;-).

There's clearly something decidedly wrong here, so maybe you guys should indeed take a careful look at it.....

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 2:49 AM
Hi Sorrybut,

I totally understand that having a being unable to play your game is disappointing.

If you would prefer not to troubleshoot with our Tech Support Team , I would still suggest getting in touch with them so they can ensure you are not left with a game you cannot play and also contacting them in this way, allow us to pass on concrete information on to the developer as to what is happening with the game, as often these issues are system specific.

This type of info is enormously helpful in pinpointing what is going wrong with the game, so if you have the time, it would be great to take care of that game for you and collect that info at the same time.

Hoping this helps a bit and hoping this is resolved for you soon.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal >

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 2:49:25 AM PST

mg4b
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mg4b on Jul 1, 13 9:45 AM
I have had trouble with only 2 games since I have became a big fish member. Both of them were Royal Defense. Older original game will not load or start up. Now the newer second version of the game does the same thing. I don't know what the maker of these two games are doing wrong, every other game I have purchased or even tried worked fine.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 4:38 AM
Hi mg4b,

Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like the same thing that affected the first game is reoccurring with the second. I have a couple of suggestions on how to combat whatever is causing the trouble as often, just a few simple adjustments can make all the difference.

The first thing to do is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

In addition, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

I really hope this helps and that you get to enjoy these games soon!

bfgBaikal

simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Aug 2, 13 12:47 AM
I paid for all the Royal Defense games and they won't open for me. What the hell is going on? I need some help or please give me back my money for the two games that I paid for.

thanks

Go to: