redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

Chapter 3 Sheep

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Jun 11, 13 6:53 AM
Did anyone get this level, yet? The most sheep I could get at one time was 23. Every time I get between 15-23 sheep, there is an earthquake and I have to start all over collecting sheep. Anyone have any hints on how to get the sheep faster?

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Chapter 3 Sheep

[Post New]by sipason on Jun 11, 13 8:40 AM
I've done it in hard mode but it took nearly 10 minutes.
This level is too clicky.

Upgrade the main base asap, but do it only if you have enough resources to deal with possible earthquakes.

I guess earthquakes are random.
Sometimes the earthquake may release all sheep, then it's like ****.
Good LUCK then.

Edited on 06/11/2013 at 8:44:01 AM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jun 11, 13 1:18 PM
Isn't there a limit to the number of earthquakes? I got quite far with a couple of minor ones then got a biggie that released all my sheep then none after that, you just need to keep going.

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Jun 11, 13 4:12 PM
Thank you both! I guess I just got frustrated after the big earthquake and exited the level. I'll try it again.

stitchr
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by stitchr on Jun 11, 13 5:17 PM
I updated the main base three times and then I need concrete blocks but don't know where to find them. Any suggestions?? Also is there any way to stop the sheep from escaping?? It is so darn frustrating, I just might quit and not bother with it.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 11, 13 5:50 PM
Grrrrr..*&%$!!! if I had known about this sheep catching level I would NEVER have gotten this game. I really shouldn't complain since it was purchased with a coupon. But I really liked the game up until this point and am just going to bow out and leave it unfinished.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Jun 11, 13 9:38 PM
stitchr wrote:I updated the main base three times and then I need concrete blocks but don't know where to find them. Any suggestions?? Also is there any way to stop the sheep from escaping?? It is so darn frustrating, I just might quit and not bother with it.

Upgrade the base for three times.
Then it will produce bricks on its own.

You can't prevent the earthquake.
At least, fix the fences when they're broken.

Edited on 06/11/2013 at 9:39:21 PM PST

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 12, 13 5:01 PM
This is just a "bonus" level so don't quit the game because of this stupid level. I tried it twice, decided it was just dumb frustration, quit the level and found myself on the regular levels again. What a relief!!! At least when they put in this loser level, they knew enough not to force you to finish it. (Can you tell I really hated this task??)

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jun 13, 13 10:00 PM
I finished this level just. It took me three goes, but the third time it was easy.

At the start of it you need upgrade the camp building twice so you have three workers, then immediately fix one of the fence sections - any one, it doesn't matter which - to start off the earthquakes. Don't bother fixing any more fence sections at this point, as the earthquakes will only knock them down again.

Spend 10 minutes going round the three berry bushes and the various trees gathering berries and wood. (I did bush / tree / bush / tree until the trees ran out, because it takes the bushes 50 or 60 seconds to refill). When the trees are all gone, keep gathering berries until you have more than 66.

The earthquakes will all have happened by this point, so you can safely fix ALL the fence sections that need fixing (don't forget the ones on the sides of the enclosures - if you hold your mouse over them, you can see if they need fixing).

Once all fences sections are fixed, gather berries until you're back up to at least 66 food.

Then fill each sheep bowl, wait for a sheep to start eating, and click the sheep. The workers will put the sheep in one of the pens (but please note, if the sheep finish eating the food in the bowls before you click them and a worker gets to them, they will leave).

While the workers penned the three sheep, I picked up the silver coins the sheep in the pens were producing, then I refilled the bowls. It took only 11 lots of bowl filling to get the 33 sheep penned.

Hope that all helps.

PS, another method is to knock down the wood-making building (there are enough trees to fix the pens as long as you wait until after the earthquakes are finished) and make a house instead to produce silver. That lets you use the mill to gather food faster, but then you run the risk of the earthquake sequence not being complete. With the berry bush method I didn't lose a single sheep because by the time I had enough berries (2 for each sheep) the earthquakes had all happened so the pens didn't get holes.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Jun 13, 13 11:14 PM
Aagh! Twice now I've gotten up to almost 30 sheep and then the game threw some kind of violation error and kicked me out. It's the only level I haven't gotten three stars on. Very annoying.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jun 14, 13 1:36 AM
gmmace wrote:Aagh! Twice now I've gotten up to almost 30 sheep and then the game threw some kind of violation error and kicked me out.

That's what happened to me on the second try, I had 31 sheep penned and was putting food out for the last two and bang - access violation.

But the third time it played perfectly, and I finished it. (I was kind of disappointed, I was expecting to see the huge mammoth in the ice get freed or something, but that didn't happen).

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jun 15, 13 4:58 AM
Kamali -- Thanks so much! I followed your instructions, and got through it with no problems. You're the best!

DK

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jun 15, 13 1:57 PM
Really glad it helped, DK. I've finished the game completely now, and I noticed in quite a few of the later levels that being patient and gathering berries (or in some places, mushrooms) to build up food before tackling the things that have to be done is the best way to go. Also, in most levels I make a house (to get silver) before anything else, because the food, wood, and stone buildings all need silver to produce food, wood, and stone. Oh, and one last thing, some of the later levels want you to make fires, and you have to really search just into the dark areas to see the places where you make the fires.

janinewhite
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by janinewhite on Jul 3, 13 9:59 PM
Kamali, thank you for all those tips. I was so frustrated until I read about just waiting for the earthquakes to stop. Managed to just get 3 stars.

[Post New]by mchooten51 on Jul 4, 13 7:39 AM
Thank you Kamali fot your help on chapter 3 sheep. I did just like you said and not only did I pass it I got 3 stars. I love this game. Now I will try a more higher level. Thanks again.

Hometownk
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Hometownk on Aug 9, 13 7:45 PM
I counted 4 earthquakes.

[Post New]by george_1991 on Aug 18, 13 12:31 PM
I used Kamali's advice and was able to finish this level after only two earthquakes. I have one other useful note regarding this level. Each food bowl corresponds to its own sheep pen. I had one sheep pen that didn't need repairing, so I was able to send all of my sheep to it until I got the others done.

In essence:
The bowl on the far left corresponds to the left top pen.
The bowl in the middle corresponds to the left bottom pen.
The bowl on the far right corresponds to the right pen.

I hope this information helps! Happy gaming!

EHinSF
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by EHinSF on Aug 28, 13 7:28 PM
It seems almost impossible. I tore down the sawmill to build a house thinking I'd need silver to keep buying food, but the earthquakes require lumber to rebuild the pens. Every time I get as much as 20 sheep, an earthquake sets most of them free. Not enough time, might just skip even after reading reviews that some of you found a way to finish this level. Maybe I'll go watch the video.

Deewani
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Deewani on Aug 1, 14 11:45 PM
Here's the only thing that worked for me: upgrade to 3 workers right away (to get income of 1 food & 1 wood). Pick berries as soon as they appear, and keep on. Buy wood with silver, then demolish sawmill and build a house in its place. Chop down all trees as you can. Wait out all three earthquakes before rebuilding sheep pens. When all trees are chopped, save up food and silver to get fourth worker; this will also add stone to income, and when indicated, upgrade the house for more silver. Use silver to buy food while still collecting berries. As soon as last (third) earthquake is over, rebuild all pens (you should have enough wood). you will need total food of 132 to get 33 sheep, but don't wait to amass that. Instead, start as soon as the pens are ready, and use the silver from the house to buy more food as needed--if you have more than 60 food when you start gathering sheep, you should be able to skip picking berries. Ignore the silver from the sheep. Use the fast bonus as much as possible. You need to lay new grass as soon as you grab a sheep in order to make the goal, but if you're fast, you should get all 33 before time runs out on 3 stars.

Go to: