tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Chapter 3, Level 24

[Post New]by tlhwest on Jun 11, 13 11:45 AM
I have no idea how to proceed. I generally start by upgrading the workman's hut, then building a farm. The only problem is, I can't seem to advance by using either tactic. What am I missing?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

Re:Chapter 3, Level 24

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jun 11, 13 2:29 PM
Hi - you need to upgrade the Base and build the Druid's Hut straight away to get the resources from the 2 Pillars that are blocked by the small piles of Rocks. Then you need to demolish the Druid's Hut, build a Mill, pay one of the Polar Bears and build an Estate and then you're back on your "normal" build strategy.

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Jun 14, 13 1:09 AM
The trick for me on this level was building a sawmill. I tried and tried to harvest trees, using the druid to replenish - and it just didn't work! I did as the post above - druid - clear way to both rune stones - demolish druid, build mill & estate (mill closest to the base). Then clear stones up to the left, and build a sawmill there. Upgrade your estate as you can, and use your extra viking and run fast bonuses carefully - you should have lots of time. You don't need a quarry. Rebuild the druid in the very bottom lower right corner once you are able to - it doesn't matter if he's a long way away.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 25, 13 6:53 PM
novb - you said build druid, clear way to both rune stones demolish druid build mill? and estate (with mill closest to base) Then you say clear stones to the left and build sawmill there? So you are building 2 sawmills? I don't have enough food, or silver to do either thing you said and building 2 sawmills and an estate (although I have no clue where you build the estate as there is no place to do it as you have NO FOOD to pay off the bear?!!) Just doesn't make sense so sorry, I did build food farm (small one) and still don't have enough silver to clear the last stones by the up left building site :-O what am I missing? Help please!

Lean

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jun 26, 13 4:07 AM
Hi - I think the first Mill they refer to is the Mill that gets you Food, not the Sawmill.

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Jun 29, 13 9:15 AM
Yes, that's right, a mill for food, then a sawmill later. Sorry!

pokkies
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by pokkies on Jul 13, 13 7:05 AM
ricoblade wrote:Hi - you need to upgrade the Base and build the Druid's Hut straight away to get the resources from the 2 Pillars that are blocked by the small piles of Rocks. Then you need to demolish the Druid's Hut, build a Mill, pay one of the Polar Bears and build an Estate and then you're back on your "normal" build strategy.

I Build the (food) mill, the estate, then the wood mill.
Lastly the druid's hut at the bottom.
It worked out fine with enough time to make the 3 stars.
Thank you

Hometownk
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Hometownk on Jul 30, 13 10:29 AM
Don't forget to use the x2 powerup. It will give you double from everything: coins from the houses, food from the mill, wood from the sawmill as well as the berry bushes, trees and (I think because I didn't use it on them) rocks. The treasure chests are the same and I can't remember what happens with the fish. Waiting a bit to get the x2 was worth it for me.

Fiona9167
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona9167 on Aug 8, 13 7:17 PM
I've tried this level as suggested several times. My problem is I don't have enough coins to buy the food to build the estate. I upgrade base, build the druid hut and wait until I have the x2 to pick up the stuff from the chests and still don't have enough coins to get enough food for the estate. I must be missing something - any ideas?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 9, 13 1:06 AM
Hi - you don't need to wait for the x2 bonus, you have enough from the Chests plus Berries plus one chopped Tree.

- Upgrade the Base
- Build the Druid's Hut next to the Base
- Clear the Small Rocks next to the Rune Pillar, pay the Pillar and get the resources from the Chest
- Clear the Small Rocks blocking the way to the Polar Bears
- Clear the Small Rocks next to the 2nd Rune Pillar, pay the Pillar and get the resources from the Chest
- Pay the Polar Bear blocking the building ploy near the 2nd Rune Pillar and build a Mill on it
- Demolish the Druid's Hut and build an Estate

Fiona9167
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona9167 on Aug 9, 13 8:44 PM
When I do the following plan, I end up with only 7 coins to buy food which is not enough, you need 8 coins. I also only have 2 food and need 14 food to build estate.

- Upgrade the Base
- Build the Druid's Hut next to the Base
- Clear the Small Rocks next to the Rune Pillar, pay the Pillar and get the resources from the Chest
- Clear the Small Rocks blocking the way to the Polar Bears
- Clear the Small Rocks next to the 2nd Rune Pillar, pay the Pillar and get the resources from the Chest
- Pay the Polar Bear blocking the building ploy near the 2nd Rune Pillar and build a Mill on it
- Demolish the Druid's Hut and build an Estate

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 11, 13 1:37 AM
OK, not sure what's happening but here's the resources that I have (I also realised that I missed clearing the Small Rocks blocking the 2nd Rune Pillar):

- Start with 35F, 20W, 5St, 30Si
- Upgrade the Base 30F, 20W, 5St, 30Si
- Build the Druid's Hut next to the Base 25F, 15W, 5St. 30Si
- Clear the Small Rocks next to the Rune Pillar 20F, 15W, 6St, 27Si
- Clear the Small Rocks blocking the way to the Polar Bears 15F, 15W, 7St, 24Si
- Pay the Rune Pillar 12F, 15W, 7St, 21Si
- Gather Berries 13F, 15W, 7St. 21Si
- Get the resources from the Chest 12F, 16W, 7St, 33Si
- Resources from the Base 13F, 16W, 7St, 33Si
- Clear the Small Rocks blocking the 2nd Rune Pillar 8F, 16W, 8St, 30Si
- Gather Berries 9F, 16W, 8St, 30Si
- Pay the Rune Pillar 6F, 16W, 8St, 27Si
- Get the resources from the Chest 17F, 16W, 8St, 27Si
- Resources from the Base 18F, 17W, 8St, 27Si
- Gather Berries 19F, 17W, 8St, 27Si
- Pay the Polar Bear blocking the building plot 9F, 17W, 8St, 22Si
- Build a Mill 3F, 11W, 8St, 12 Si
- Resources from the Base 4F, 12W, 8St, 12Si
- Get Food from Mill 16F, 12W, 8St, 4Si
- Gather Berries 17F, 12W, 8St, 4Si
- Demolish the Druid's Hut and build an Estate 3F, 0W, 2St, 4Si

Edited on 08/11/2013 at 1:38:15 AM PST

Fiona9167
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona9167 on Aug 11, 13 9:26 PM
Thanks so much rocoblade! I noticed my mistake was in thinking I needed to clear the big rock pile on the path as well as the small pile in order to get to the other Rune Pillar. Got my three stars now

khimes
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by khimes on Oct 9, 13 5:13 AM
hi rico... in your strategy to get 3 stars on this level you said to get the resources from the base? I thought the only thing you get from the base is another worker and it costs you a fortune??? am I doing something wrong?? I am having so much trouble on this level. I do everything the way it is written here, but run out of time before I get to the 2nd bridge let alone having enough stuff to build it.. sigh...

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 10, 13 5:08 AM
Hi - the Base generates Food and Wood - click on it to see how much and the timer that shows when it will arrive.

Lolla_R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Lolla_R on Aug 22, 14 1:13 PM
Wooh! OK, I've never posted before, mainly because I've always found what I've needed in the forums - mainly due to ricoblade.. I seriously got got worried when I noticed 1699 views for this level, though. Can it really be that hard? Well, once again to thanks to ricoblade, it wasn't.
Just wanted to say hello, and thanks to all for making the forums worth while.

Go to: