Big City Adventure: Tokyo

bfgFlounder
9,715 Posts

Big City Adventure: Tokyo

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 12, 13 12:29 AM
The latest chapter in the hit hidden object series is here! Explore mighty Tokyo, the world's largest metropolis! An amazing mix of the ancient and ultra-modern will delight your senses. Search for thousands of cleverly hidden items around the historic sites and play a bunch of fun mini-games along the way. Collect 60 postcards containing fascinating and obscure facts about Tokyo and its history, plus, earn 60 cool mementos from the amazing scenes you'll visit. 120 rounds of hidden object and mini-game fun! Start your trip of a lifetime today.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,265 Posts

Re:Big City Adventure: Tokyo

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 12, 13 4:04 AM
I love the series but this is my first NO BUY. Tiny objects that blend in too well with the background are just too difficult for me to see. I also did not like the minis this time. I expected some beautiful Japanese music but all I got was some pleasant (but not especially enjoyable) elevator music. I used up my Skips before the end of the Demo and used many od my Hint coins. I did not finish the Demo. The animations were fun but distracting however, I could not see a lot of the objects anyway.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,288 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 12, 13 5:54 AM
Its a shame that they never made another game like "Big City Adventure London Story" now that was a fun game, with lots of interaction, not just a straight Hog. To all who like this game, enjoy, but its just not for me.

lw2016
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lw2016 on Jun 12, 13 9:27 AM
Bought every game of the series so far, but after Big City Adventure:London this one is a big disappointment.
No buy.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 12, 13 10:34 AM
O! MY! ...I am not vision impaired but this game is way to much to strain the eyes on for any length of time...it took me over 15 min to try to find a 'pinecone' when I just gave up and deleted off GM...had 32 min left but was flustrated to the max!
I have the BC-Sydney and BC-London Story, one the items are 'SEEN' and the one has great interactive play...so sad this was similar to the other BC games that have been offered in past...way to much junk in one screenshot, so little bitty tinee items to find , music I thought would be more on the oriental version - not! ...well will quit 'ranting'...can't make ALL happy!
This could have been better thought out and a wee bit easy on the eyes! Only good thing is the funny family & the postcards with info on Tokyo!
Lets....

p.s. its a -1 rating IMO and a no buy!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 12, 13 12:12 PM
Items do seem harder than in previous games in this series,
but it will be a buy for me somewhere down the line.
Am disappointed with the music selection, but always
enjoy the postcards and information.

These are my "go tos" when I only have limited time and
don't want to get all involved in following a story line.
Just play two or three scenes at a time for relaxation.
Still haven't finished last one, so this will be on hold until
then.

Edited on 06/12/2013 at 12:17:12 PM PST

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jun 12, 13 12:18 PM
I really like this game even though items are small and definitely a challenge to find. To me makes it more fun to play but that's just me.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jun 12, 13 4:13 PM
I agree with Bigfishette! I am really liking this game! I am a pushover for oriental themes so it is a buy for me ...I don't have a problem finding the items, they are just very well hidden..after all, it is a hidden object game

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 13, 13 10:58 AM
This must be the worse in the series. They were getting progressively worse and I was sorry I bought Paris, but I will not buy this one. I think people are tired of straight hidden objects anymore.

harkonnen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by harkonnen on Jun 14, 13 11:00 AM
I have all the BCA games (with the exception of London Story) and I think they are getting better. The artwork is improving and the gamemakers are getting more clever at hiding the objects.
There are so few of these games any more. I am so glad that these are still being produced as I love straight hidden object games without the endless travelling to and fro.
I would like to see a BCA set in South America.

[Post New]by tickmick on Jun 18, 13 5:39 AM
Hi, Stuck on level 16! Where's the Ice Cream Cone? Cannot continue with the game until I find this!! Pse can someone out there help so that my granddaughter and I can try to finish the game?
Agree with others about remarks ie
1) The HO items are FAR TOO SMALL (especially for these granny eyes!!). Even my granddaughter who has keen vision is sitting too close to the screen peering at scenes when HO are so well hidden that even she battles to find some, ending in clicking everywhere when we have just given up... See remarks above about the HO Ice Cream Cone as an example of this.
2) The Info on the city is great - I've been to Tokyo and even so, have learnt about attractions I wasn't aware of and missed out on when there. So this is a really good way of attracting potential visitors to a city. BUT agree that the postcards are a major disappointment - why the fuzziness? Detracts from the game quality big time! Clear postcard graphics should be the norm. Pse could the developers of all the Big City games rectify this in all their games with sharp postcard updates? I'm sure more fishies out there will respond favourably to this...
Cheers, Tickmick

cal711
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Jun 18, 13 6:23 PM
If you're still looking for the ice cream cone in Level 16 (the black locomotive), it's on top of the train just to the right of the glasses which are sticking off the side of the pole.

I agree with you and others about how small and extremely well hidden the objects are. I'm on my 3rd play of the game and am still having to use hint coins way too often. I guess it's going to take me a few more tries to memorize where things are.

bonsccfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

need Walkthrough

[Post New]by bonsccfl on Jun 24, 13 2:07 PM
I agree with the others, the hidden objects are way too small and blend in the background too well, really hard on my old eyes. I have to use hints on almost every level. I am putting this game on hold hoping you do a Walkthrough on it. Like others I have all the other Big Adventure games and was happy to see a new one, but this is awful to see. Please please, need that walkthrough or I will have to quit. I am sure I will run out of hints otherwise. So sorry, really love the other BA games.

[Post New]by flutrbyny on Jun 26, 13 4:03 PM
I keep getting stuck on the mini game where you have to find the 6 items that have no match. I can only find 5. They're very tiny and hard to make out, but even my husband can't find the 6th one. Can you list what the 6 items are - I know there's a bonsai tree, and a camera...not sure of the other ones. Thanks

Hotrod2k
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hotrod2k on Jul 10, 13 3:01 PM
[b]I need help trying to solve the last puzzle. I can't get the gears in right order....

cal711
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Jul 11, 13 4:59 PM
Hi, Hotrod2k. I previously posted the solution to the gears puzzle in a message from someone else so I'm re-posting it for you:

I'm not exactly sure how to describe the solution but I'll give it a try!

The top left peg is what I call a medium-size gray gear.
Below that one (on the outer left of the circle) is a small brown gear.
Inside the circle (from left to right) are:
1) the biggest of the gears (kind of a pinkish-brown color)
2) the smallest of the gears (an olive green color)
3) a medium-large size green gear
The two gears on the outer right of the circle (from top to bottom) are:
1) a small dark brown gear
2) a medium-size silverish-colored gear

My descriptions of the colors might be hard to understand but I made a diagram after I solved the puzzle the first time and that's how I identified the colors.

Good luck!!

[Post New]by dianafromtexas on Sep 4, 13 12:23 PM
[b]WHERE THE HECK IS THE DOG BONE IN THE SCENE ON THE BRIDGE WITH A POND?!?!?!?! I agree with others. Too small hidden objects and no way to go back and continue the game without finding things. DO I REALLY HAVE TO WAIT 8 MINUTES OR MORE TO LET THE TIME RUN OUT?

[Post New]by huggie69 on Sep 5, 13 2:49 PM
where is the number 3 in the last puzzle? I am out of hints and thats the last one to find,,, i have even used a magnafying glass and cant find it,,, want to finish this adventure so i can start another on

cal711
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Sep 6, 13 10:18 PM
@dianafromtexas: The dog bone is laying on its side in the middle of the bridge railing (between the 3rd and 4th posts).

@huggie69: The number 3, which is dark black in color, is on its side on the left wing of the kite on the front of the display table.

[Post New]by caddycat95 on Aug 3, 14 6:01 PM
help can't find sock on train #41

Go to: