bfgFlounder
9,258 Posts

Living Legends: Frozen Beauty Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 13, 13 12:29 AM
The Queen has chosen your sister as her successor, but are her promises too good to be true?

You were only six when your mother vanished, leaving you to care for your younger sister, Elizabeth. After she receives an invitation naming her as the Queen's successor, she pleads with you to join her in her new royal life. All she has to do is pass a simple test to prove her worth. Is this too good to be true, or is your luck finally changing? There are many secrets awaiting you in the Queen's castle, but the biggest dangers lie beneath the icy mountain passes in Living Legends: Frozen Beauty, a chilling Hidden-Object Adventure game.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Achievements
Bonus Chapter featuring the mysterious Alchemist
Wallpapers, Screensavers, Music and Concept Art
Replay your favorite puzzles and cutscenes

Edited on 06/13/2013 at 1:55:41 AM PST

Re:Living Legends: Frozen Beauty Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 13, 13 12:58 AM
Only played for a little while, but love it already. I have the other game - Ice Rose - and liked it so it was a pretty sure bet I'd like this one. I'll probably wait for the SE but I will definitely be buying this one!

CelticCoco

Koffie99
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Jun 13, 13 4:30 AM
Wonderful game, graphics and perfectly suited subtle music. LOVE the pet!! Immediate buy for me. Thank you BF|

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
622 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 13, 13 10:28 AM
I love it! A bit different story line, fun HOS, doable puzzles, and all the little extras everyone loves. Great voice overs and graphics. Music that don't drive you crazy and last but not least a pet to care for

I have been staying away from the CE's so I have to wait! If I can

out of 5!!!!!!

Best I've seen in a while

If you have girls over 8 they will love this to. It's a lot like a barbie movie for them

Newmenor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Jun 13, 13 12:18 PM
I agree with all of the above, beautiful game and can't get enough of the wee cute animals.

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jun 13, 13 2:14 PM
Me too I love the game and its 5 stars for me

mhatfie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 13, 13 5:17 PM
geninfo4 wrote:just want to echo cbtx, valdy , and others that do not have widescreen. neither do I and I have a brand new 17 in laptop. top of line, all bells/whistles. bought this strictly for gaming. so I say no to buying this game, developer, please fix ratio to read 16:9! there is no excuse today. most games have updated this issue. . also hints take too long in casual mode.

There is a setting you have to click on in order to get widescreen, when the devs don't automatically program it into their game. I will pm you and give you the steps so you can see if it works on your computer. I too have a laptop for gaming and I always get widescreen now.

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,547 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 13, 13 8:26 PM
mhatfie wrote:There is a setting you have to click on in order to get widescreen, when the devs don't automatically program it into their game. I will pm you and give you the steps so you can see if it works on your computer. I too have a laptop for gaming and I always get widescreen now.

Although this has been mentioned many times before, here it is again:

Some laptops that came with an ATI Radeon graphic cards have a glitch that does not allow us to get into the settings for widescreen. CS has already tried a long time ago to help, and given me the instructions on where to go and what to do via the Catalyst Control Center. But it doesn't work, because this is a KNOWN glitch with the ATI Radeon card.

Oh, and manually lowering the screen resolution does not work either.

Edited on 06/13/2013 at 8:28:28 PM PST

mhatfie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 13, 13 9:32 PM
Valdy wrote:
mhatfie wrote:There is a setting you have to click on in order to get widescreen, when the devs don't automatically program it into their game. I will pm you and give you the steps so you can see if it works on your computer. I too have a laptop for gaming and I always get widescreen now.

Although this has been mentioned many times before, here it is again:

Some laptops that came with an ATI Radeon graphic cards have a glitch that does not allow us to get into the settings for widescreen. CS has already tried a long time ago to help, and given me the instructions on where to go and what to do via the Catalyst Control Center. But it doesn't work, because this is a KNOWN glitch with the ATI Radeon card.

Oh, and manually lowering the screen resolution does not work either.

I agree Valdy, we had bought a Toshiba with an ATI Radeon card and it would not set. Since I was in the market for a new laptop, I made sure I got one that I could set it to default to widescreen. I spoke with many tech support people in the stores and even they didn't know that the ATI Radeon card did not have that setting available.

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,547 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 13, 13 9:54 PM
mhatfie wrote:I agree Valdy, we had bought a Toshiba with an ATI Radeon card and it would not set. Since I was in the market for a new laptop, I made sure I got one that I could set it to default to widescreen. I spoke with many tech support people in the stores and even they didn't know that the ATI Radeon card did not have that setting available.

When I bought my Sony Vaio laptop 3 years ago, I didn't even know there was a glitch (never mind knowing that I could use the Catalyst Control Center to get widescreen gaming experience). Now I know better, and if I should ever get another laptop, I will have a sales person show me first that I can use the Catalyst Control Center to change the settings to widescreen. Live and learn...

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jun 13, 13 10:44 PM
I don't see why it is so important to know who the developer is. I don't care who makes the game as long as I enjoy it.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jun 13, 13 11:39 PM
MinnieK wrote:I don't see why it is so important to know who the developer is. I don't care who makes the game as long as I enjoy it.

i agree with twinsoniclab... i DO CARE who the dev is.

and, if pressed for a reason, it's because some devs (the one mentioned for this game online and in the review thread) sometimes resort to tactics that i don't particularly care for to sell their games.

that one particular dev "rewards" fishies for their positive reviews.

i believe, (call me crazy if you like) that a game should stand on its merits, not how many glowing reviews it got. reviews can be bought, and that's what one dev blatantly does.

and, to release games under another unknown dev's name just strikes me as even more underhanded. if that's what's going on, i want to know.

JMHO.

ed: dang typos. i gotta get a new keyboard. this one's broken, obviously.

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 12:35:15 AM PST

gamblebug
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jun 14, 13 4:41 AM
I love this game too.I own the other one ,but i've decided to hold off on CE's for awhile.Have 7 coupons to get rid of and the only good SE's to come out are those from the CE's.So sorry to say i have to hold off.
I wish somehow BF would find a way for us to use coupons toward CE's.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Jun 14, 13 8:49 AM
gamblebug wrote:I love this game too.I own the other one ,but i've decided to hold off on CE's for awhile.Have 7 coupons to get rid of and the only good SE's to come out are those from the CE's.So sorry to say i have to hold off.

Totally agree with you! Why not let us use three coupons towards a CE?

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 14, 13 6:12 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:
MinnieK wrote:I don't see why it is so important to know who the developer is. I don't care who makes the game as long as I enjoy it.

i agree with twinsoniclab... i DO CARE who the dev is.

and, if pressed for a reason, it's because some devs (the one mentioned for this game online and in the review thread) sometimes resort to tactics that i don't particularly care for to sell their games.

that one particular dev "rewards" fishies for their positive reviews.

i believe, (call me crazy if you like) that a game should stand on its merits, not how many glowing reviews it got. reviews can be bought, and that's what one dev blatantly does.

and, to release games under another unknown dev's name just strikes me as even more underhanded. if that's what's going on, i want to know.

JMHO.

ed: dang typos. i gotta get a new keyboard. this one's broken, obviously.

What in the world are you talking about? This looks nothing like an ERS game and there's no reason they'd "release games under another unknown dev's name" for "underhanded" reasons. What would they gain from that?

This whole "4 Friends is really a secret sign that supporters of ERS will get gifts for glowing reviews" frankly sounds paranoid and pretty crazy.

Anyway, other than the fact that it didn't open in wide screen for me either, I bought the game because I really like it. The game play is just different enough that it excites my curiosity and I like the graphics and music. I haven't gotten to the pet yet but I'm sure if I find it as annoying as some of the rest of you, I'll just skip the dress up. It's that simple.

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,547 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 14, 13 6:54 PM
userfree wrote:
gamblebug wrote:I love this game too.I own the other one ,but i've decided to hold off on CE's for awhile.Have 7 coupons to get rid of and the only good SE's to come out are those from the CE's.So sorry to say i have to hold off.

Totally agree with you! Why not let us use three coupons towards a CE?

THREE coupons? A CE is only worth TWO coupons. Don't put ideas into BF's head!!

--- --- ---

And SnapAndHissy... I agree with what you've said. It is, of course, possible that one or two people from ERS have decided to leave this developer and started their own company. That could be a reason why maybe some of the things in this game look like they could have been made by ERS (although I didn't see anything, except for that HOS with the silhouettes).

On the other hand, new developers very likely look at what works for other developers and copy what they have done, to make their own games a success.

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,547 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 14, 13 9:08 PM
Last year, 4 Friends brought out: Living Legends: Ice Rose, although I have seen this game being sold at other sites under the name of Ice Queen.

This year, they have brought out: Living Legends: Frozen Beauty.

When I searched for "4 Friends", I did not come across the name "ERS". However, I did find their site, but at the moment it is under construction.

In the "Ice Rose" forum, I think that only one person said that "Living Legends: Ice Rose" reminded them of the ERS games, but several people, including myself, compared "Living Legends: Ice Rose" with "Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen" which, of course, is a game by Blue Tea Games. Perhaps they disguised themselves as 4 Friends ??

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 14, 13 9:10 PM
I don't know where you're looking, I've tried "4 friends games ERS" and nothing comes up. When I type "4 friends", there's no mention of ERS.

I've also never heard of ERS bribing customers to give good reviews. That's libelous.

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jun 14, 13 11:27 PM
When I searched for "4 Friends", I did not come across the name "ERS" either.

I agree with Valdy and SnapAndHissy. There seems to be a lot of paranoia around here concerning ERS. Personally I have never seen anything untoward, I simply enjoy their games and have purchased most if not all of them (just as I enjoy and have purchased from other developers too, including 4 Friends, Blue Tea and many others) . I have never reviewed any of the ERS games though I have commented about them on these forums, and have never seen or heard anything to make me believe the adverse rumours about them (except from one or two members on here who seem to have a real bee in their bonnet about ERS).

Living Legends is a great series, Ice Rose was good and Frozen Beauty is even better. I for one will definitely be looking out for more releases by this developer 4 Friends.

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jun 14, 13 11:34 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
On ERS Facebook page they reward customers by making them "King" or "Queen" of the week, based on the best reviews. They just added a new feature, "Can you find your name?" or something like that, where they are posting the best Big Fish reviews in totality, with user names and all. I would call that "bribing!" Fans (who have a special link to upcoming games) are sure to want to be "King" or "Queen" and get their photo on Facebook wearing a crown! They will want to post the "best" review in order to "find their name!"

I don't use Facebook so have never visited their site but as I understand it this is a widespread standard practice among companies who do have a presence on Facebook. If someone is going to be persuaded to write a good review just on the off-chance that their name will be announced in lights on Facebook that isn't bribery it's just pandering to their vanity.

Go to: