bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Cut the Rope

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 13, 13 12:47 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Cut the Rope ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Cut the Rope page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Cut the Rope

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 13, 13 12:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Jun 13, 13 3:10 AM
Scroll down for summary, if you can't be bothered reading all my blah-blah-blah

I am torn.

I already have this game for my tablet device, and absolutely love it. However, I'm not quite sure it works as well on PC. In some ways it's easier (for example, your own hands does not cover the action on the screen), and in some ways it's harder (for example, it is quite impossible to use both hands at the same time, which in my experience is sometimes necessary).

Om Nom is as cute as ever, and he doesn't get less cute by being bigger from the larger screen. Some of the levels are different (possibly because the originals would be too difficult without the ability to use both hands? Or maybe just to tempt people to buy it, after all, if it was completely similar to the tablet version, what would be the point in buying it for PC too? I don't know, this is only guessing), and they've added a new soundtrack for every other box (the rest of the boxes have the original soundtrack) -all good, in my opinion. Yet there's something that just doesn't feel quite ... right.

I miss the little drawings you can find in the tablet version. I also very much miss the achievements, but possibly that's just me, because I'm an achievement wh**e. There are some boxes missing from the tablet version, with a message at the end of the row of boxes; "new levels coming soon". I'm uncertain as to how that would work on PC. Would I have to pay more for those new levels? Or would I get a message like the one we get in the game manager, when there are updates to a game with glitches?

If I hadn't had a tablet, I would probably buy this game, no matter what else, it's still a great physics puzzler, and Om Nom is undeniably cute. I would highly recommend it for those of you not equipped with a tablet or smartphone, but for me, personally, I have already played it through so many times, that it (sort of) would be a waste of a good game club credit.

Summary from my big essay: Great game, cute character(s), happy-go-lucky soundtrack, looks easy, probably because of the cuteness factor, but actually rather challenging. Give it a try.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jun 13, 13 6:56 AM
Love this type of game. I laugh everytime Om Nom doesn't get the candy. Reminds me of a couple of other games. Birdies and Webbies. Kind of on the rope...oops..see where I just went there? Will probably buy. Excellent game.

jaredbmccomb
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by jaredbmccomb on Jun 13, 13 10:20 AM
I already have this game on PC so I won't be buying it from BFG, but it is a very good one! Even if it doesn't have all the boxes from the mobile versions...

It's true that several levels in the mobile versions require multitouch, but I heard from some other players that those levels were replaced in the PC version with new ones that don't require it. I can't confirm it, but I've nearly finished the game with all stars and haven't had any problems yet. So, that shouldn't be worrying to anyone.

Go to: