ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Anti-spam software

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jun 13, 13 5:29 PM
I bought this from the flea market, but couldn't remember what I had to do with it. Did I put it on one computer or the other, on the router, or give it to a person? I ended up giving it to a person. It gave me the message that it was the wrong place to put it, and I lost it. I would have expected it to just stick on my mouse cursor or in my tool tray.

That was a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen it turn up in the store again.

I'm pretty sure it's a one-use-only thing, but does anyone know if the game is smart enough to recognize that I didn't actually USE it (I'm still getting spam) and give it to me again? Or does it just care that I TRIED to use it, so it's flagging it as being used, and won't appear anymore?

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Anti-spam software

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 14, 13 12:27 AM
It should appear again, at least it did to me. I had to be careful to not buy it twice for the same family. You drop the cd onto a computer i thought. But it's random and my flea market is slow lol

nrfaulk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nrfaulk on Jun 30, 13 6:00 PM
In VF1, buying the anti-spam disc did nothing to stop the spam from coming in. I assume it's the same in this game--a waste of coins.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jul 1, 13 10:54 AM
nrfaulk wrote:In VF1, buying the anti-spam disc did nothing to stop the spam from coming in. I assume it's the same in this game--a waste of coins.

It always stopped my spam. I know it stops spam here too, except like others I have forgotten which families I bought it for. Spam doesn't really hurt anything as far as I know, just wastes your time!

nrfaulk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nrfaulk on Jul 3, 13 11:53 AM
kayette wrote:
nrfaulk wrote:In VF1, buying the anti-spam disc did nothing to stop the spam from coming in. I assume it's the same in this game--a waste of coins.

It always stopped my spam. I know it stops spam here too, except like others I have forgotten which families I bought it for. Spam doesn't really hurt anything as far as I know, just wastes your time!

After reading your post, I decided to buy it when it showed up in the store again, and it is at least a bit different from VF1. In this game, it's like a room upgrade, and I have noticed that there isn't quite as much stupid email coming in, so thanks for posting that!

TROLLINyou
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TROLLINyou on Aug 10, 13 11:53 PM
LoL, but don't buy it. It can sometimes refuse marriage e-mails. I bought it but it was hard to get marred. forever alone

[Post New]by AddictedToCandy on Aug 12, 13 11:35 AM
NEVER BUY ANTISOFTWARE!! You wont get marridge requests!

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Aug 16, 13 5:27 PM
I have bought and installed the anti-spam software (it goes in either office computer just like a real cd would on your own pc BTW). It has never eliminated my marriage proposals and it doesn't stop the silly Fakebook messages. It does stop the 'get rich' email scams and the spam ads. If you aren't getting marriage proposals it may be because you rejected too many suitors. The proposals fall off sharply the longer you wait.

[Post New]by AddictedToCandy on Aug 16, 13 8:38 PM
Just dont get it ever!! It doesnt give you marrige proposals

[Post New]by Nativebrave on Aug 17, 13 3:04 AM
I also found that it will stop the spam messages, but also stop the marriage proposalls I had to adopt a child just to keep the family going so she became an unmarried mum then when the child went to collage she got a marriage proposall but he died very quickly after they were married

TROLLINyou
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TROLLINyou on Aug 20, 13 11:46 PM
Sad but true..... jk
My family got requests but at the 7th generation idk the requests stopped.
Thank god I was rich! But it has been a long time since I had a child with the same blood line...... so its like in my family tree most are not really related....
WHY AM I SO LONELY!!!!

Go to: