bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest tech issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 14, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 12:38:46 PM PST

fischbaer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest issues here only

[Post New]by fischbaer on Jun 14, 13 1:32 AM
This game has only be programmed for 16:9. Black bars at top and botton or alternative distorted pictures. As I am not willing to buy a new monitor, I have to pass that game.
Why can other delovers manage to program full and widescreen?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 14, 13 2:22 AM
Hi Fischbaer

If you are getting the black bars at the top and bottom, you might want to try and manually reduce the screen resolution. It has helped me in the past with a couple of games that showed the black bars at the top and bottom.

fischbaer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by fischbaer on Jun 14, 13 2:26 AM
Thank you Valdy. But that does not help. I have contacted the developers, they said, there is no help with a 4:3.

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jun 14, 13 12:17 PM
I keep having boxes pop up that get in the way. It's very annoying.

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest tech issues here only

[Post New]by mavethrave on Jun 14, 13 12:42 PM
The game freezes up every time I try to pick up the window after the tic tac toe game. I can't go any further. Is there a way to fix it or should I just get my money back? I was enjoying the game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 14, 13 1:06 PM
Hey Fishies,

julese53, what kind of boxes are popping up in your game? Is it a tutorial or an error message?

mavethrave, often if a game is freezing, that's an indication that there's a driver on the computer that isn't quite up to date. For information on finding those drivers, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For further assistance with your games, our Tech Support Team is happy to provide more specific instructions, based on your computer set up. To reach them, just click on the on the right hand side of the screen and then 'Contact Us' at the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jun 14, 13 1:23 PM
They are small boxes with pictures from the game in them. They cover my cursor, making it hard to navigate. Also, items in my inventory flash on and off.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 14, 13 1:43 PM
Hey julese53,

That does sound like it would make it difficult to play your game!

It sounds like those pop-ups may be a display issue. Those are also often caused because a driver, or other relevant software on a computer needs an update.

I would suggest that same help article HERE, with information about finding those drivers that need updating.

If that doesn't work, one of our Tech Support Reps would be happy to do some investigating to get to the bottom of what's happening.

I'll keep my fins crossed that this is all sorted out for you soon!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jun 21, 13 2:30 PM
when a HO scene to cut the apple cursor won't pick up knife, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 22, 13 6:07 AM
Hi Underthebridge,

I haven't played this game yet hence, I am not too sure what the issue may be here!

You could try using the hint button and clicking it exactly where it indicates as sometimes the hot spots that trigger reactions are quite where you would imagine them to be. Just to let you know that if the hint flags another task/area to you, I would take care of this first and then come back to the knife, as sometimes things need to be completed in a certain order to work correctly.

However, if the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by nanny43 on Jun 23, 13 9:47 AM
I have placed all of the souvineers on the map in the lighthouse but 1..... the helmet for Europe.....and I can go in and put of the room but the inventory and rest of that bar will not pop up..... tried uninstalling and reinstall.....and it works fine in all other rooms.....weird!! any suggestions...I like the game

[Post New]by paisley0308 on Jun 23, 13 7:42 PM
nanny43 wrote:I have placed all of the souvineers on the map in the lighthouse but 1..... the helmet for Europe.....and I can go in and put of the room but the inventory and rest of that bar will not pop up..... tried uninstalling and reinstall.....and it works fine in all other rooms.....weird!! any suggestions...I like the game

I am also having the exact same problem. Did you ever find out how to fix it?

[Post New]by emmavedel on Jun 24, 13 6:11 AM
nanny43 wrote:I have placed all of the souvineers on the map in the lighthouse but 1..... the helmet for Europe.....and I can go in and put of the room but the inventory and rest of that bar will not pop up..... tried uninstalling and reinstall.....and it works fine in all other rooms.....weird!! any suggestions...I like the game

me too! i hope there will come a solution soon!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 4:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

That is a strange issue and I am sorry you have both come across it.

As you have already tried reinstalling the game, my best suggestion would be to try running some updates to help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another.

Hopefully, getting the game to run as best it can will help the inventory to function correctly in this scene.

If you need more help with this though, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by nanny43 on Jun 25, 13 7:53 AM
emmavedel wrote:

me too! i hope there will come a solution soon!

I started the game with a diff name and did not have the same prob again.......go figure....

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 5:07 AM
That must have been really frustrating for you nanny43, I am sorry to hear that.

So that we can help you with this, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

One of our Rep will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

And thanks for working with us on this, it is much appreciated,

bfgBaikal

pinkwitch12
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by pinkwitch12 on Jun 30, 13 1:59 PM
There is a problem with slow downs in the story of the child in the forest, every time you go into the story...it is not going to go past the first words. I just had to move through the slow cursor to the skip, patience is a must. Finally it will allow the skip and then it is slow to grab the goodies that you need to move on. Some of the game voice-overs are this way too. PS, my drivers are up to date, did it after the first slowdown.

Sometimes I notice that you guys don't actually play the game BEFORE you give the advice. Admit when you have a loser, and let us all move on, OK. The story was OK but I think you should trash this one on the basis of null fun factor.

I say this after a year of loyal gaming.

[Post New]by sueclare on Jul 12, 13 10:14 PM
I have tried downloading this game three times and all I am getting is a flickering picture. It makes it very hard to play the game. How can I fix this. I have had no trouble with any other game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 13, 13 12:16 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

That is a strange issue and I am sorry you have both come across it.

As you have already tried reinstalling the game, my best suggestion would be to try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">running some updates</a> to help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another.

Hopefully, getting the game to run as best it can will help the inventory to function correctly in this scene.

If you need more help with this though, please get in touch with our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support Team</a> so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal
Actualy, Baikal, this is not a "strange issue" at all. Multiple players of the CE version had this problem as well. You can find multiple posts in the tech thread as well as in the thread "Can't place souvenir helmet onto Europe on map to get window 3/5" You can find that thread by copying and pasting this URL: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/246926.page

There are some suggestions from players there that might help you, but not all players were able to get a fix or a work around. None of the moderators suggestions seemed to fix the issue.

Unfortunately this is another case of a known issue with a CE game that was never fixed and allowed to carry over to the SE version. Why? I couldn't even begin to guess. My suggestion is to follow Baikal's second piece of advice - for all of you having this issue go ahead and contact technical support directly if you have any hope of getting a fix. The squeaky wheel gets the oil......sometimes. I wish you the best of luck!

Go to: