ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

Finished with no problem

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Mar 2, 09 8:37 PM
Thank you picman and et all of Big Fish. The game was definitely bug free now, I know a lot have said they didn't enjoy the demo but I enjoyed the whole game. I loved the minigames in this game.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

Re:Finished with no problem

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 2, 09 8:43 PM
How long did it take you, ruby leo?
I have been wondering how long this game is.
And WTG!
Joy

[Post New]by Dragonflys on Mar 2, 09 10:41 PM
I enjoyed the game as well, once they fixed the issue. I also got all the signs and the bonus.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 2, 09 10:46 PM
How long is this game.
Can anyone tell me?
Joy

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 3, 09 12:28 AM
Not short like Haunted Hotel 2 - a decent length - first time through for me about 4 - 5 hours - good replayability as like to meet 100% but no dialogue, no reading and skipping mini-games would make it a couple of hours. All in all - found it the right length and enjoyed it.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 3, 09 4:26 AM
It's not quite bug-free, but enough so its playable, finishable, and overall quite enjoyable (just played it through again from start to finish this morning).

Once or twice, its had the Hint showing a sparkle right at the edge of the screen (most recently noticed it this round trying to find the toy-car in the study, but it wasn't an essential find anyway (last item on the list), so I just hit Solve).

Managed to get the Bonus location this time round - last time I completed it with cash and stars to spare, but didn't get it for some reason. Finding Thor's Hammer is silly, but fun, and it certainly gives you plenty of $ for finding the items in the bonus Coffee Shop - just when you have no need for the cash.

It also has a habit of occasionally getting its clicks round its neck.... especially if i'm getting items fairly quickly (the tone goes up as though its recognising 'Quick Finds', though I'm never really noticed getting more money for doing so)... anyway, suddenly the cursor will go slow a moment, or not recognise clicks, and then suddenly you'll get a 'bad hit' red cross appearing somewhere where your cursor has been in transit (not where you've have clicked). It also happens when it suddenly decides to pop up a help screen (wish you could turn those off).

Other than that, now the Archer pic bug has been fixed, I've actually quite enjoyed the game. The novella reads like a bad Mills & Boon, but it does make a bit more sense that the snippets you get in the cut-scenes. Most of the objects were easy to find (though some were definitely small), though I'm getting sick and tired of them getting names wrong - eg. if they ask me to find a 'dustbin' I expect to be looking for a dustbin, not a 'dustpan'.

I also found the 'Find the Difference' games challengingly fun. Definitely ended up kicking myself a few times when I was down to the last 1-2 items, and resorted to Hint. The locations looked quite good too (though quite why you would have saw blades stuck in the timber-frame of a ticket office on a Dock is beyond me.

Overall, despite the Archer bug debacle, and the occasional glitches mentioned above, I'm happy I spent a credit on it, and will probably return to it again when my memory of object locations has faded (given the amount of items in the list per location, although there are a few extras that can end up in the list 2nd play through, the majority of the list will be exactly the same, just in a different order)

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 15, 09 1:17 PM
Overall not too bad a game but too much Spot the Difference for me (I don't do well with these types of game). Didn't like:

Losing money when using a hint or a bad click
Things like wine glasses etc were so transparent and were almost impossible find without a hint
Things wrongly named (another of my pet hates)

Liked:

Trying to find all the stars and the bonus items
The Hidden Object parts

Go to: