bfgIlinalta
3,199 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 16, 17 4:32 PM
Hello MegaOmaAussie and MaggieHand,

I'm sorry to hear that the iOS version of Midnight Castle has been experiencing issues while being played. It sounds like both of these reports may require a bit of extra assistance from our Support Team, but I wanted to provide some suggestions that may assist in these situations.

MaggieHand, the first thing I want to recommend is to see if these general troubleshooting steps for the iOS version are able to quickly assist in resolving those issues. It's possible some quick steps can help clear up those issues, and if you'd like to try those steps, they are on the following linked page:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (iOS)

If that doesn't work, please be sure to contact our Support Team using the following steps.

MegaOmaAussie, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and an explanation of what has occurred. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you both for your patience and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jul 24, 17 5:41 AM
Since "silly o'clock" this morning, my Ipad play on MC has been, jittery, slow to react, just not wanting to play basically.

Oh yes I have been saving like Billy O, just in case of disconnections.

About 1.15 pm (UK time), I switched the Ipad back on, got a message of gifting, accepted (it was a glowing darkness, much needed by me at the mo).
Went to the airship, to see how long it was before it returned, and found that advert thingy wotsit, which would knock 30 minutes off, great i thought, that would save a diamond.

The advert had just finished, and my game cut out, disconnected or whatever.

Any how, going back into my game after it reloaded, found the gift from my friend didn't get to my inventory, the advert had to be played again.

Thank goodness, I have been saving, since my last episode.
All I lost was the gift basically, which doesn't sound much, but my friend is on the lower levels, and has probably worked hard at sending me that gift.

So, just be careful all IOS players. I am sure the adverts are the problem and are conflicting with something in the programme. I think this was the problem the last time, but can't be sure. So I will play these adverts, (saving before hand), and see if this problem continues.

I will also put this thread on the techie thread, and send a report once I gather any evidence.

If any other IOS players have a similar problem can you put it on here please.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,858 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 24, 17 10:53 AM
My game is also extremely sluggish this morning. It takes several taps to pick up items in the HOS, & flowers, also. I missed more flowers than I picked up because I only had time for 3 taps before it vanished. Trying to assemble a puzzle was extremely difficult - the pieces just wouldn't maneuver the way I wanted.
My internet connection was strong, no apps running in the background, & the game had been completely closed prior to this. It was only open for about 30 minutes.
My other internet-dependent apps are working fine.
Playing on iPhone SE, iOS version 10.3.2
Druid

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jul 24, 17 2:19 PM
It seems to me, these ads are causing problems.

I know zilch about how programmes/computers etc etc work, but I do know that something in that programme concerning the ads is conflicting with my MC game.

I'm going to stop playing these ads. As Pazelovejoy says it's hardly worth the effort, just for one diamond.
I will also keep saving every so often, don't want to lose anymore stuff.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, feel free to add anymore info.

Hi Mods, can you please pass this thread onto the Techies please, something isn't right/working.

I will also put this on the Techie IOS Thread.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

bfgIlinalta
3,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 24, 17 2:45 PM
Hello welshrarebit56 and DesertDruid,

Thank you both for taking the time to report this issue being experienced in the iOS version of Midnight Castle. We definitely don't want players to have their game start to perform poorly, especially when opting in to view a video, and we'd definitely like to learn more about this issue. So, what I'd like to do is provide the steps to take to provide information regarding this issue to our Support Team for the appropriate teams to investigate further.

If players are seeing an advertisement/video in the game freeze the game or cause it to run poorly after viewing, I would like to request that they contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with the type and model of iOS device seeing the issue, the operating system version it is running, a description of the specific advertisement(s) that seem to be causing the trouble, and your Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will use that information to help aid the investigation the teams behind the game are undertaking.

Thank you all for your time, and I want to apologize again that these in-game offers appear to be causing trouble for some of our players. We hope that affected players will help us with that investigation and I want to thank all of our players who have already written in with those reports. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jul 24, 17 3:04 PM
Hi bfgIlinalta,

Thanks for your reply.
Have just sent a report in.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 25, 17 9:20 AM
Hi welshrarebit56,

Thank you for reaching out to the Midnight Castle Support Team. If you find that your issue hasn't been resolved, please be sure to reply directly to any emails received. This will help alert a representative that a more personalized response is needed.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to reach out to any of the Active Moderators with the private messaging system if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Mozart_Magic on Aug 1, 17 9:07 AM
I apologize if others have raised these issues but, since the last update, my game is continually crashing and drains my iPad battery very rapidly if I don't have it plugged in. My game has experienced the crashing before, particularly after an iOS update is installed, but nothing like this. It is very frustrating. While not a big deal, I am unlikely to complete the current Castle Challenge as a result of all the lost effort/redos caused by the constant crashing. I have tried closing MC and restarting my iPad, but it doesn't help. Advice?

Edited on 08/01/2017 at 1:01:03 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 1, 17 9:32 AM
Hi Mozart_Magic,

I'm sorry to hear that your Midnight Castle game continues to crash and drain your iPad battery. It is definitely frustrating when that happens. It may be helpful to ensure that all other applications are closed on your iPad to help with the battery drain and crashing. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page for these specific steps:

Force Close Applications (iOS)

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and device information. The Support Team is happy to help in any way that they can regarding the crashing issue and the Castle Challenge issue you are facing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

kitkat459
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat459 on Aug 3, 17 1:28 PM
Good Afternoon,

I sure hope I'm asking this question in the correct place.

I have been unable to send many of my friends gifts or go to their personal rooms for approx. 2 weeks. I have re-started my I-pad multiple times but to no avail.

My ID code is: i2303380

Thank you for any help you can provide.

bfgBeruna
1,465 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 3, 17 2:53 PM
Hello kitkat459,

I'm sorry there's been trouble sending gifts to friends, but I want to assure you that you've come to the right place for help.

The Moderation Team recommends that players whose friends can't visit their Private Rooms make a small change to the room, such as temporarily renaming it. This forces their game to reconnect to the servers so it will run properly again. Unfortunately, until players make such a change, their friends won't be able to visit their Private Rooms. Since players can't send messages to each other within the game, there isn't a way to alert other people about the necessary change.

I'm sorry I couldn't provide more help. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Aug 5, 17 8:41 AM
Hi, I apologise for writing this in the wrong place, but I cannot seem to access the 'welcome to Midnight Castle' thread, which I think would be the right place?
It has some weird posts when I get to the end of the thread and then before I can do anything else, it reverts back to the main forum page...what is going on?
Is it the thread or just me?
So my question, by the way, is: What are the lightning flashes used for?
I have accumulated several hundred of them, but cannot find a use for them, yet many of my friends have them on their wish lists....so what am I missing?
Please advise me on both issues/questions. Thank you.
In the meantime...I continue to gift them (the flashes) to friends.

bfgBeruna
1,465 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 5, 17 9:11 AM
Hello Cute_Moni,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm happy to explain what's going on with the Welcome to Midnight Castle forum thread.

Currently, the forum shows that there are 348 pages of posts in that thread. Links to pages 346, 347, and 348 appear in small boxes next to the thread's title. Those pages do not exist yet; in fact, the furthest page with posts on it is page 345. I really apologize for the confusion caused by those links; it's a feature of the forums over which we don't have much control, and I completely understand why this would be confusing.

To access the furthest page of the Welcome to Midnight Castle forum thread, I'd recommend following the instructions below.

1. Click on the username of the person who made the last post. This can be found under the Last Post column to the far right of the thread's title.
2. Click on the link to the posts made by that person; the link appears between the person's "forum badge" (their sea creature and when they joined the forum) and the discussions created link.
3. Find the post the person made in the Welcome to Midnight Castle forum thread.
4. Click on that link.

To post a reply in that thread without going to the furthest page, just click the blue Reply button that appears at the top of the screen on any of the pages.

I also want to answer your original question! Lightning flashes can be used during Hidden Object Scenes. They reset the scene to its normal state if night mode, silhouette mode, or mirror mode were activated. For example, a lightning flash would turn a night mode scene back to normal if I used it.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Aug 10, 17 8:59 AM
Thanks so much bfgBeruna for explaining the way the forum pages work. It is so helpful to know that the last pages don't exist yet! And that's why I kept bouncing back! I did actually know how to get to the last page by the 4 step instructions you gave, but got confused by all those weird posts - which, thank you, have all now been removed - so again, thanks, for re-inforcing that it was the correct way.
And thanks also for the info about the lightning flashes. Again, I do actually know all of what you advised, but it is good to know that I am missing nothing else - I simply like to play the game in all of its variations (except night mode! - which I have simply turned off), so then it seems I really don't have any need to use any of them. So I will continue to gift them - and go to the forum to ask, because I am still a bit curious...
Cheers! Moni

ETA - I know what I was missing now! They can be used instead of hints in castle challenges to get a hint credit! Woohoo! Their is a reason for all things...want to try it out! Thx forum!

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 6:19:48 PM PST

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,268 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Aug 11, 17 4:51 AM
A member of a closed facebookgroup have this message in her game.. is it a known problem? What should she do? She is top level and has both waited an rebooted.

"Your profile is beeing updated. Please wait a few minutes, and try re-launching your game"

Player info. Arwen Wales i230746

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 4:53:44 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,465 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 11, 17 10:29 AM
Hello HennyMarie,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the behalf of a friend. It sounds like a message was received about a profile being updated. Since I'm unable to see why that message might be received, I'd encourage her to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to investigate this further. Please ask her to include her Friend Code in her inquiry.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,268 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Aug 11, 17 11:28 AM
Thank you. .. will do that

jade22070
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jade22070 on Aug 12, 17 12:17 PM
I want to continue my old game with id I1483813. I downloaded the game again but it's a new game with a new id. How can I get my old game back?

Greetings
Jade

bfgBeruna
1,465 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 12, 17 1:21 PM
Hello jade22070,

I'll be happy to provide some help today.

If the old game was linked to a Facebook account, then signing into Midnight Castle using those same credentials should restore your progress. Since the steps for linking a game to a Facebook account and signing into the game with the Facebook account are the same, the instructions in the help page below will guide you through that process.

Save your progress with Facebook! (iOS only)

If the game wasn't linked to a Facebook account, then please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. If both the old and the new Friend Codes are provided in your inquiry, they should be able to transfer the game's progress.

Thanks for your patience, and please PM me or another active Moderator if further questions or concerns arise. We'll be here to help.

bfgBeruna

jade22070
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jade22070 on Aug 13, 17 4:54 AM
Bfgberuba,

I did wat you told me to do. Bud iT does not work. linking with FB still gaves the new Play. I mailed to your support team, Bud no response. Can you help me pls?
Old id is I1483813 new id is I 2543776

Greetings
jade

Go to: