Senior Citizens sign in!!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 19, 18 12:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Swimming by really quickly to let everyone know that our Moderator Team completely understands the concerns and emotions our players have expressed over the last few days. The upcoming changes to the forums have affected our players in many ways, and we Moderators are sympathetic to their reactions. I do want to take a moment to reiterate that these changes will affect the forums only; content for Gummy Drop! and our other games will continue to be developed as planned. Players are welcome to keep playing and enjoying our games. Big Fish Games is not going anywhere!

If our players have questions or concerns they'd rather discuss in private, we encourage sending a PM to one of our active Moderators. We'll be happy to listen and offer any advice we can based on the information we presently have available. Otherwise, you're welcome to continue posting constructive feedback and concerns in the threads of your choice.

Thank you, everyone, for your time and understanding. I wish you all well.

bfgArinelle

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 19, 18 12:23 PM
I note that if we want to PM a mod it has to be done before the end of the month. The announcement said posting and PMs will both be disabled then.

Sigh.... a few years back I had a job I loved, which included running the support forum for software my team developed that we licensed to other people who used it to develop multiplayer games. We got bought out. Then the new owners said we weren’t going to sell licenses any more. Then later that the forums would be disabled and we weren’t supposed to answer questions via email either unless we did it on our own time. I resigned. I do like my current job, but this situation with BF forums is bringing back painful memories.

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 12:30:49 PM PST

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Apr 19, 18 6:00 PM
Yikes! I was checking in to the Senior forum after a few days expecting to read some fun but instead find forums will soon be gone. So sad!
For another game just released the developer has been using the forum to get instant feedback - some really great conversions. I've seen other devs do that also - now that will never happen again.
Nor will there be the player support I've gotten to count on with all games.
I will truly miss this crazy, wonderful ongoing discussion that this Senior thread has become. Thanks to all of you that post helpful tips, you and your input will be missed. As will those who started all the fun conversations about other things (still can not believe ginger chocolate!)
So in case I dont check in again:
good bye to you all and happy gaming.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Apr 20, 18 12:32 AM
Hi, guys. I can find the thread for best levels to play for resources but can’t find the pages with all the cities listed.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 20, 18 12:59 AM
Its on page 27 at the moment on the thread. Its weird, but when you open a thread from the heading in the helpful links, it automatically starts you at page one, when this thread has the pages at the right hand side and you can click directly on the latest page. anyway, it is all there. And Melbourne is STILL missing from the thread, as is a few other cities too. I did point it out to the person who is doing it now and as we only have just over a week left, it would be great if every city could at least have the info updated on there before its locked forever. So people later on can still find the info.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 20, 18 9:16 AM
Has anybody checked out the topix.com forum for gummy drop that I mentioned before? I don't know if it would be any good or not.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 20, 18 10:04 AM
I just looked at topix and I don't see anything about GD, it's just a page with a bunch of pictures on it, I did not see a way to navigate it and I did not click on anything.
Of all the different chat rooms being mentioned I think Pond Friends might be the best choice if a person was interested in joining that type of thing. It was formed a few years ago, BF used to have a social forum called the Chit Chat Corner but they did away with it and those people formed the Pond Friends at that time so I think it would have a broader base of people with more knowledge of a wide variety of all BF games, and now many more people are heading there, I guess they have some threads with specific game info but they said they are not going to take over forum duty for BF, but people have the ability to pm each other through that site so you could still keep contact with each other.

When BF closed the Chit Chat Corner they told people that they would always keep the game forums going, so now we see how they kept their word on that.
http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 10:22:32 AM PST

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Apr 20, 18 10:21 AM
Yes, I found it, Clive. You have to search for topix + gummy drop and you'll get there, Lambina. It seems a rather lame forum, I couldn't find a post from 2018 and most questions didn't get answered, probably for lack of participants. It could do with a couple of lively seniors !

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 10:21:57 AM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 20, 18 10:42 AM
The Pond Friends are very active, but it looks really daunting to me to learn to navigate, the more time spent in a chat room the less time in the day for gaming
One of the members has been posting the web address all over the BF forums so I think a lot of people will end up there.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 20, 18 11:15 AM
For those of us on Facebook, does anybody here belong to Gummy Drop Friends Unite? It’s a closed group so you can’t see the posted until after a mod accepts you into the group.

As in, I’m willing to join it if it is a decent group but I can’t tell.

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 11:16:39 AM PST

[Post New]by anitavision on Apr 20, 18 12:17 PM
I only found your forum a few weeks ago. I am a "lurker" thrilled to find a place with other seniors having explored gummy drop cities where I now find myself. (in LA, and hate it) So much information, but my timing was too late...How will I make it thru the rest of the cities? I will miss you guys and your exploits. I too am thinking of cancelling my bf membership. I will continue to glean what I can from all the posts. That is, provided they do keep the forums available. I just wanted to let you all know that your info is greatly appreciated. If you should find a way to keep going somewhere else, I hope to join you. ( I do belong to several yahoo groups but from what I understand they are a lot of work for the moderators, even having at least 3 per group).

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 20, 18 1:40 PM
Everyone please make sure you look for and read your messages as I am sure you all realise that we have very little time to arrange to maybe stay in touch now those message abilities have only 9 days until they are gone

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 20, 18 4:14 PM
lordkalvan wrote:For those of us on Facebook, does anybody here belong to Gummy Drop Friends Unite? It’s a closed group so you can’t see the posted until after a mod accepts you into the group.

As in, I’m willing to join it if it is a decent group but I can’t tell.

FYI
I just read a post on the MC forum from someone who joined a facebook group for that game and didn't find out until afterwards that by joining his/hers entire facebook life was open for everyone in that game group and that the posts appeared with their first and last names instead of their game names, I don't know if the group you are talking about works the same way but I thought I would pass the info on.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 20, 18 4:25 PM
Facebook groups always show the full name of the poster, as Facebook knows it. Whether others in the group can see your posts outside that group depends on your own privacy settings. If you restrict your privacy to friends only, then you don’t need to worry about that. Going the other way is risky as if you post to a public group then your post can show in your friends newsfeed. This group is a private group or I’d be able to see posts without joining it.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 20, 18 4:44 PM
I would not want my full name to be shown, but to each his own. With all of the privacy issues these days it's like we are living in a episode of the Twilight Zone show.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 20, 18 5:10 PM
globetrotter217 wrote:Yes, I found it, Clive. You have to search for topix + gummy drop and you'll get there, Lambina. It seems a rather lame forum, I couldn't find a post from 2018 and most questions didn't get answered, probably for lack of participants. It could do with a couple of lively seniors !

Yes, I saw that it wasn't well used - presumably because here was by far the best place to go. But now that this is closing, my question is whether topix GD forum is a suitable platform for us to migrate to en masse, and make it more lively? I don't have the know how to make a judgment.

It's easy to find - just google "Gummy drop forum", and it's near the top of the list that comes up.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 20, 18 7:14 PM
The people on Delphi and Pond Friends are using their forum names or game names with avatars for their pictures so there is more privacy in those groups than on FB.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 20, 18 7:53 PM
I also don't like the privacy concerns with using fb, although I do have a fb page, I very rarely ever use it and do not make posts anwyay, so any site that gives out a full name is out, it would lose a lot of the fun of it too. I fear it would all become just too serious and with fb, goodness only knows what other stuff we would be subjected to with them these days. It would be a huge mistake to use fb.

And to anitavision, a belated welcome. Better late than never. Nice to hear from you, and I wonder how many other seniors out there are reading the posts. At the very least, for players like yourself who have a long way yet to play through the gd cities, you will still be able to read all the threads and posts and go back and find help on all those specific levels that you may have trouble with in the future, provided of course, that a post was made to help that level in the first place, there may be some that have never been properly answered. But keep reading the tips etc, it will still help you get through.

And for everyone else, if you ever get the chance to get some glace ginger, or crystallised ginger, dip it in melted DARK chocolate, let it set, and eat it. Or better still, visit Australia or New Zealand and you can buy it in shops, its even available in most supermarkets too. Buderim in Queensland has the BEST ginger ever, its the home of it here, and their ginger is the only one I buy. I get it at costco here by the kilo. (for those of you still using imperial, that is 2.2lb)

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 21, 18 10:23 AM
Just back from a week without Internet to discover the death of the forum. I would probably have given up long ago without forum help. In fact I'd have had no choice when I lost weeks worth of progress when the game kept failing to sync with the server and deleted my progress from the device.
As importantly, I've made loads of virtual friends here too and will miss them. Thank you to all who have helped make GD such an enjoyable experience.
I'm going to print the 'resources' page for future reference.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 21, 18 11:49 AM
Just reminding everyone PLEASE check your pm messages - I know I have sent pm to try and stay in touch with some old friends and if you don’t respond then this is the last chance to arrange something. I am guessing others are doing the same so do look them up.

Go to: