kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

what do the little blue crystals do?

[Post New]by kimberph on Jun 16, 13 4:31 PM
I realized as I'm almost finished with the game that I've been very carefully collecting them all on each level without any idea whether they benefit me at all. Did I miss something? Did it tell me they do something early on and I blew past it? Or have I been wasting resources all this time?

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:what do the little blue crystals do?

[Post New]by noyb on Jun 16, 13 5:23 PM
I noticed that a lot of them cost you time - if you look carefully, you'll see a little hourglass and "-5" flash. Some seem to help I think - but I stopped collecting when I realized that a lot of them were costing me time! There doesn't seem to be any point collecting (no trophy... the one thing missing on this excellent game!).

deejay67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by deejay67 on Jun 16, 13 9:36 PM
Actually they gain you time, not lose it. They are really helpful on some of the harder levels. It does look like they say minus but you do actually gain time.

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Jun 17, 13 9:48 PM
Hmm. Interesting. :0

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 21, 13 9:17 PM
Oh. So glad I came across this post. The game does not allow you to really take the time out to sit there & figure such things out, considering that it is a timed thing so I was never able to just sit there & figure that out about the crystals.
Probably would not have noticed anyhow!

FBronder
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by FBronder on Feb 12, 14 3:00 PM
They are extremely useful. Make sure you always notice where they are as they re-set the time back to the three stars. It works for me all the time.

Go to: