Order of the Rose

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Order of the Rose

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 17, 13 12:29 AM
Take on the role of a homicide detective as you track down an enigmatic killer who leaves cryptic puzzles on the bodies of the victims. How are the victims related? Where will the killer strike next? At the heart of this mystery lies the Order of the Rose and an artifact that can change the world. This killer is unpredictable and if you’re not careful, you’ll end up as the next victim. Follow the clues and remember to keep your wits about you in Order of the Rose, a thrilling Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game.

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Order of the Rose

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Jun 17, 13 1:14 AM
Is this a PlayFirst game? Maybe it's the developer putting a positive review on their own game? Hmmmmmm......

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 17, 13 1:15 AM
puzzledone wrote:That one and only first review w/5 stars is by a dev I thought we were not to use name.

I too thought it was strange to have a review so quickly, and the date of the review preceded the release date on BFG...after seeing the comment above it now makes sense.

BF this is really not fair to your gamers, we rely on others opinions. To have a dev. review their own game is deceiving. You should at least require them to have a disclaimer on there informing us that they are the dev..

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 17, 13 1:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

This game is not made by PlayFirstGames.

I have played some of the demo and it's not all that bad either IMO!

Think I'm gonna use a pcc on it!

Happy Gaming!

BK

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 17, 13 1:33 AM
Thanks, BK

I have to wait to check it out as my PC is busy doing important back up but, I'm glad to hear that I might enjoy it. It would be great to get a game on Double Punch Monday.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 17, 13 1:38 AM
You are welcome, Spock!

The game seemed really familiar to me and I even looked in my Purchase History!

Then I remembered that someone had mentioned the name of the game in a thread not too long ago (can't remember which one though ) and I had gone to u tub e to check it out! LOL

BK

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 17, 13 1:49 AM
lol, I understand. That has happened to me once when I did a beta and then when it was released, I was sure that I already owned the game.

At least we aren't crazy! We did see them before someplace. lol

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 17, 13 2:20 AM
Played some, and it is intriguing enough for me to want to continue. I played until I got to the tiles, and decided to wait until after sleep to tackle that

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jun 17, 13 2:25 AM
The game had more hidden object scenes than I really want to deal with but other than that I was enjoying the demo until I couldn't get past the safe. Can anyone tell me how it works. Got the clue for it, but it contained 6 numbers and when I tried to enter any it just said wrong.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 17, 13 2:29 AM
Sept24 wrote:The game had more hidden object scenes than I really want to deal with but other than that I was enjoying the demo until I couldn't get past the safe. Can anyone tell me how it works. Got the clue for it, but it contained 6 numbers and when I tried to enter any it just said wrong.
I give you one clue: nr. 1 = 4

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 17, 13 2:46 AM
I too stumbled over that safe, and that's when I quit the demo.

Thanks for the tip, Dobbie. I have decided not to buy this game. It's not bad, but not quite up to what I like to play these days.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jun 17, 13 2:52 AM
Thanks for the clue on the safe Dobbie but I think it went over my head and I screwed around so long trying to figure out what I missed I only have about 5 min. left so I guess it will remain unsolved.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 17, 13 2:53 AM
Well, I just bought it with an about-to-expire PCC. Dang, there are so few good games outside of CEs, that it's hard to spend them all!

IMHO, this is an excellent game! It's a mystery story, the puzzles are hard enough to be interesting without being totally frustrating. A bit heavy on HOS, but they are easy and pretty quick to do. Good adventure!

The music is nice, but repetitive. I just tune it out after a while. No VOs. Not too much reading to do. I really didn't get far in the game before my hour was up - to my surprise! I had just gotten the combination to the safe. This looks like a fairly long game. I like that it isn't totally linear - you can do things in different order.

I like it! Gets 5 paws up from me!

Sept 24... Here you go: (Spoiler)

4-1-2-8-5-9-3-6-7 You will get it once you do it!

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 2:57:35 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 17, 13 3:47 AM
BearKat wrote:Hi Everyone,

Happy Gaming!

BK

Ah, you spoiled some perfectly good outrage.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 17, 13 4:07 AM
Hi

I found this game very depressing, as gentlegranny said in another review, depicting grime and for me, blood as well does not make for good graphics.

Give me a good old Fairy Tale any time.

Linda

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 4:08:22 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 17, 13 6:02 AM
snapnhiss wrote:
BearKat wrote:Hi Everyone,

Happy Gaming!

BK

Ah, you spoiled some perfectly good outrage.

LOL, sorry, snapnhiss

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Jun 17, 13 6:25 AM
All I can say is that if in fact the first review was by a Dev for this game it fell very short of its goal. There was nothing in the review that made me think I just had to have this game. I remember there was a game offered some time back that I was pretty sure one of the Devs had done a review for their game but at least it was a good review for the game. Must not be very sure of their own work if they have to toot their own horn.

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 6:43:43 AM PST

[Post New]by bridgemaven on Jun 17, 13 7:53 AM
safe code is 41285936 just in case it can't be deciphered.
Where I'm having a problem is getting the last stone piece from the outside statue. all is does is give the magnifying glass but will not allow me to pick the piece. anyone else having this problem?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 17, 13 8:01 AM

This is a nice interactive HOG adventure - gritty, grimy (so far) murder mystery of the police procedural persuasion.

So far, I really like it and I bought it.

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 8:02:29 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 17, 13 8:44 AM
I liked it too but it's heavier on the Hos than adventure and I soon became bored so I'll pass.

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 8:53:46 AM PST

Go to: