bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Order of the Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 17, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Order of the Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by collie1 on Jun 17, 13 9:17 AM
I have downloaded the game on my PC, went to play it and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still the same thing. Downloads fine but won't let me play.

[Post New]by Blackmyst1 on Jun 17, 13 7:23 PM
Have downloaded fine, game starts, shows BF logo, etc, then game screen says that it will not run at my current screen resolution, please adjust screen resolution... I have tried different settings, but can't find the right one. What screen resolution does it need to be set at?

Thanks!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Jun 18, 13 12:09 AM
Yep same with me - go to play and get a message telling me game will not run with current screen resolution ?? Any suggestions please never had "run" issue with any game EVER !!!

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jun 18, 13 2:09 AM
This game is very unstable. In almost ALL HO scenes, the hint button directs you to a completely incorrect location for the item you are trying to find. Generally, not stable and very awkward to play. Not good enough BFG. I managed to complete the game in the end but it was not a good experience.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 3:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are unable to get the game to open and for those that can, that the game is not performing as it should for you.

When a game fails to open or run correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work and you need some more help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at things with you.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 18, 13 5:42 AM
This game did open on my (relatively) new widescreeen (23"), but was over to the left of the screen, with bottom and right hand side slightly cut off, so not really playable without adjusting screen resolution. I got my new computer in March and this has happened perhaps 3 or 4 times since, but I just haven't wanted to adjust something brand new. Makes no sense to me. I couldn't see anything in options to help the problem, so I just deleted the demo.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 18, 13 6:38 AM
Heya NancySusan,

Even if a computer is brand new it often happens that the drivers that are installed on it aren't as new. the reason for this is that the drivers usually get installed when the computer is being manufactured. Afterwards they spent a long tiome on the shelf until they are being sold so the drivers are out of date in many cases already. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ruthb1146
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by ruthb1146 on Jun 18, 13 7:13 AM
I GOT FIVE KNIVES, WENT BACK TO THE STREET BUT CAN NOT GET THE LAST KNIFE. I TRIED TO GO TO THE WINDOW FOR THE HOS BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. THE LAST KNIFE IS IN THE WINDOW. THIS IS ALMOST THE END OF THE GAME BUT I AN NOT FINISH. CAN ANYONE HELP?

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jun 18, 13 3:17 PM
I'm getting the resolution message too, and I've never gotten it before on any game. What should my resolution be?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 13 7:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

ruthb1146 - Have you tried checking the free Order of the Rose Walkthrough yet?

Oftentimes, checking that all steps have been completed will help you to progress as skipping even the smallest of steps can hamper you!

If this doesn't help and you feel like you might be experiencing a tech issue though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

cheekyoops - As different machines handle and display games in different ways and some machines are more graphically powerful than others, it is not really possible to predict with accuracy, a perfect resolution to use.

We typically recommend to have your resolution set to 1024 x 768 (or higher) though, in case that helps. You can find more info on this here if you like.

In addition, you could try running some updates to help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another.

That being said, if those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look at this for you and provide some dedicated support!

Hoping this helps though!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/21/2013 at 7:23:30 AM PST

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jun 22, 13 11:15 AM
Not sure if tech problem or not. In Chapter 4 I've collected all 3 electronic parts and fuses for the circuit box. When I "installed" the electronic parts, it seems that only 2 went into place. Cannot "install" fuses. Is there a trick to getting the fuses in the right place, or is this a glitch? (Uninstall/reinstall didn't fix the problem.)

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 4:00 AM
Hi LaDeeDah,

I am sorry that you have encountered this problem and that reinstalling the game did not help; thank you for giving that a try though.

I did a little research and I found the following post that indicates that a certain order needs to observed when placing those items:

bbelle wrote:I got stuck the same place. I thought it was a glitch so I went out and started a new profile. When I got to the circuit board I put the fuses first then the others thingies. It worked .bbelle

Please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you again for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/25/2013 at 4:00:39 AM PST

Order of the Rose - Item/Mouse Selection Recognition Problem

[Post New]by HOGeek on Jun 27, 13 9:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I played the game up to "Chapter Five: Secret Order" and encountered a critical item/mouse selection recognition prorblem that prevents me from proceeding presently. I am referring to the windowsill HOG scene down at Willow Street 13. The last item on the list is 'Twine'. Whenever I click the item on the screen the program doesn't seem to recognize it or respond to it in any way. I verified my selection is correct by using the Hint button, and clicked on every pixel imaginable around it.

Is there a fix or a workaround to this problem? I spent several good hours on this game and do not want to start all over again just because of a glitch. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 13 4:53 AM
Welcome to the Forums HOGeek!

I am sorry to hear that you had this trouble with your game.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading running that part of the game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Jun 28, 13 2:09 PM
ruthb1146 wrote:I GOT FIVE KNIVES, WENT BACK TO THE STREET BUT CAN NOT GET THE LAST KNIFE. I TRIED TO GO TO THE WINDOW FOR THE HOS BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. THE LAST KNIFE IS IN THE WINDOW. THIS IS ALMOST THE END OF THE GAME BUT I AN NOT FINISH. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Having the same issue; looked at the walkthrough and remember collecting; back tracked all my steps with no success. Also can't get to the last HOP that evidently holds the 6th knife that we both need. I'm wondering if the initial knife back at the office didn't go into my inventory, but not able to go back there now. Shame if we have to restart as we're both near the end! Have posted on the regular help forum to see if someone else can help; subject 6th Knife if you want to check in a few.

[Post New]by HOGeek on Jun 28, 13 11:28 PM
Hi bfgBaikal,

Thank you for the advise; However, I did try all the aforementioned steps before posting my issue to this forum; I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated Windows and computer drivers and changed different program settings (i.e. Compatibility mode to XP, run as system administrator etc.). Unfortunately, none of the above helped me with my issue. I will contact tech support and if the problem persists I will ask for a refund. I just feel this game should have gone through a couple more QA runs before being released on BFG, as it has several mouse\item identification issues that haven't been resolved.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 4:55 AM
Hi guys,

userfree - I have left some help for you in you thread discussing this same issue over userfree. Hopefully this helps or someone else may be able to offer some other suggestions.

HOGeek - thanks for the feedback, I will definitely pass that along and I appreciate the time you took to try the suggestions I offered and, we know having issue like this is never a good experience but I am sure that now you are in touch with support, that they will take good care of you!

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 2, 13 4:02 PM
I am having trouble at the museum towards the end of the game. The HOG is asking ffor a flask. When I click on the flask nothing happens. If I use a hint it highlights and circles some paper scraps. No amount of clicking on this item does anything. I cannot continue the game. HELP

Go to: