bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

The iPad/iPhone/iPod touch version is here! June 17, 2013

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 17, 13 2:44 PM
Hi iFishies,

Great news! We now have the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch versions of Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition available! You can click here to check out the iPad version, and here for the iPod touch and iPhone version.

Although gameplay will be similar to our PC/Mac versions of this game, please feel free to use this thread to get some tips or to ask questions to other players. If you're experiencing any technical issues with Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition, you can view our help article that covers some basic troubleshooting steps here:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

You can also post any technical issues with the game here in the dedicated technical issues thread.

If you continue to experience issues with the game, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can assist you further.

Also, if you’d like to learn more about how to use the Forums, please click here to check out our Forum Rules & FAQ page.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:The iPad/iPhone/iPod touch version is here! June 17, 2013

[Post New]by anges35 on Jul 10, 13 3:05 PM
iPad version is already out. I just finished it.

This version needs to be redone. Most of the scenes are out of focus. Zooming out puts them in focus. The scenes, however, fill more than the screen of the iPad, above and/or below. There is a definite resolution problem.

The developer has overlaid the boxes over the working areas instead of outside of the frame, so the Menu, Down arrow, Guide, Info buttons are over the areas and the Inventory bar also covers needed areas. The only way to access the areas are to zoom out on each one to make the object accessible instead of 'choosing' one of the instruction boxes.

Most of the scenes are too dark to see what we need to see. Part of the game involves restoring the electricity which keeps on going off, but finding the necessary objects to restore it requires constant clicks on imagined areas.

It also required repeated clicking to get an inventory item to stay where it was placed. That is always a big annoyance.

I reluctantly did the upgrade- I wish I hadn't.

There are so many technical issues on this version that the story gets lost in trying to resolve them.

Adding: there is no mark or 'sparkles' for the HOS. You either refer to a walkthrough or drag your finger or stylus all over the screen until you find it.

Edited on 07/11/2013 at 3:20:24 PM PST

Go to: