bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Sparkle 2 forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to Sparkle 2 forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Sparkle 2 players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Welcome to Sparkle 2 forum

[Post New]by Jurinne on Feb 23, 14 5:38 PM
I've noticed that I am penalized for ending a level with a match 3. Even though no powerup appears and so I can't possibly click on it, it shows up as a missed powerup.

So is there any way to obtain 100% powerups? Am I doing something wrong?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 24, 14 5:53 PM
I think you are being overly hard on yourself. If having perfect "catch rate" on powerups throughout the whole game was a trophy in an MP I don't think anyone would ever be able to win it. Well, at least I wouldn't ever be able to pull that off, and I've been playing MPs since Zuma came out nearly a decade ago. Sometimes a powerup will appear too far back in the screen to be reachable or you just don't have a big enough gap to hit a powerup in time.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 4, 14 7:41 PM
Big Fish: Any chance that there will be an updated version of this game for the PC that has the additional adventure game modes? The people who play on their portable devices have Hard and Nightmare modes in their game, which those of us on PCs don't have...

[Post New]by rillapearlp on Sep 7, 14 2:12 PM
I have read through most of the forum comments on all topics. I am completely stuck and some of the comments refer to a storyline and such that I have never found. I have completed the Challenges and Survival modes and found 7 of the 10 secrets. I do not understand #6 Nothing At All secret. I have no idea how to remove enchantments from the orb slinger. I cannot play anything new and am totally stuck and have been for weeks. Can anyone help me? I tried the FB page twice and no answer. Please?!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 8, 14 6:32 PM
Welcome to the pond, rillapearlp

The storyline in Sparkle 2 is pretty thin. Any comments about the "story" are just referring to the times that the narrator is talking, like when you first start a new game, when you get to one of the checkpoints, and the random places in the map where the voice comes on and talks to you. As for secret #6, here's how you do it (click and drag on the white space below to read, as I'm posting it in "spoiler text" so as to not ruin it for others who may not want to read it)

Click on the box that has a picture of the orb slinger in it. This box is in several places of the game, but the largest one is the one at the bottom left of the map screen. You can also click on the smaller version of this box when in challenge or survival modes. When you get the screen that shows a large orb slinger and it has arrows pointing to it, you click on the circles that show what enchantments you have and pick "none" in the selection screen for all four of them.

As for your last question, if you are playing the PC version there are only the basic adventure, challenge, and survival modes to play. The tablet and phone versions of the game feature Hard and Nightmare modes for the adventure game, but I just heard back from 10tons and they told me it's highly unlikely that the BFG version for PCs will be updated, as they would have to re-code the game to get those additional features in. So the only thing you can do is to create a new player and start over again if you want to replay the game. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by rillapearlp on Sep 10, 14 3:57 PM
Wow...thank you so much Synthpop!! I will give that a try for secret #6.

The other is quite disappointing. I play on a Mac which I assume is similar to the PC version. Wish I'd have known the play would be so short and such. I would not have purchased this game. While the graphics are beautiful and play is fun, it is not worth the price for such a short game.

Thanks again for your help, though!! I am truly grateful.

P.S. I love Big Fish Games.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 10, 14 5:56 PM
You're most welcome. Yes, I'm also disappointed to hear that there will likely not be any upgrades to the game for those of us playing on something bigger than a handheld device, but that's how it goes. Now if I could only figure out how to do secret #9...

Go to: