bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Sparkle 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Slow Loading

[Post New]by Jixio on Jun 18, 13 5:24 AM
Isn't anybody else having a problem with really slooooooooow loading? The game boards themselves are fine - it's just the in-between loading of anything.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Sparkle 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 18, 13 6:33 AM
Heya Jixio,

I'm sorry to hear that the loading between boards seems to be so slow .

This can sometimes happen when so,me of the software and drivers on your computer could do with an update. We might be able to fix this by making sure that everything is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 18, 13 5:11 PM
Same problem with the map/story screen loading so painfully slow, I know I aged waiting for the next level . . . . Not worth the hassle.

[Post New]by 73torino on Jun 22, 13 4:26 PM
I am currently on day 42, I am using 2 enhancements. The orbs swap themselves in the middle of playing. I cannot shoot the orb. I have changed my mouse and changed my batteries. This does not happen when I only have 1 enhancement.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 22, 13 9:34 PM
73torino wrote:I am currently on day 42, I am using 2 enhancements. The orbs swap themselves in the middle of playing. I cannot shoot the orb. I have changed my mouse and changed my batteries. This does not happen when I only have 1 enhancement.

Welcome to the pond, 73torino

That issue may just be because the marbles sometimes get close to the shooter and if your cursor is over the shooter as well, clicking will only swap the balls. This was something the devs put into the game as an alternative to right clicking to get a ball swap, but it's more of a hindrance than a help at times because the marbles are so big. If you see it happening again check the position of the cursor. Hope that helps!

odle5
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by odle5 on Jun 23, 13 9:13 AM
73torino wrote:I am currently on day 42, I am using 2 enhancements. The orbs swap themselves in the middle of playing. I cannot shoot the orb. I have changed my mouse and changed my batteries. This does not happen when I only have 1 enhancement.

I absolutely hate that this keeps happening in the game. It is EXTREMELY frustrating that the balls will not shoot. I am up to the 40 day and have many enhancements. I have tried them all and the BALL FREEZES up on all levels and all enhancements/upgrades.

Whoever developed this game needs a shoe thrown at them.

I did make sure the cursor is not on top of the balls needing to be shot and the stupid balls still freeze up.

Extremely angry that yet another game will not play properly.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 3:55 AM
Hi odle5,

If the advice that SynthpopAddict has offered above is not helping, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display and run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Despite the name of that article, the advice within is all geared towards optimizing your computer to play games so it might just help this game to run more smoothy for you.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to offer some more advice.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 29, 13 5:45 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:

Welcome to the pond, 73torino

That issue may just be because the marbles sometimes get close to the shooter and if your cursor is over the shooter as well, clicking will only swap the balls. This was something the devs put into the game as an alternative to right clicking to get a ball swap, but it's more of a hindrance than a help at times because the marbles are so big. If you see it happening again check the position of the cursor. Hope that helps!

THANK YOU! This was driving me nuts.

Developers need to take a deep breath and repeat the mantra an iPad is not the same as a computer with a mouse.

[Post New]by dansoly on Sep 9, 13 5:28 PM
I have been playing this game for a week or so, all the sudden it will not start. I get the screen that it is unable to initialize the graphic (1366 X 768) this is a lot lower than my standard resolution of 1920 X 1080. I am able to play Sparkle and any of the Steam Games - Call of Duty, ECT with no problem. I have a screen capture of the error, is there a way to attach it to the posting?

I am using Windows 8 64 bit, have 16 GB RAM, I7 Processor and a 2 GB Nvidia Graphics card. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i cannot play the game at all at this time.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 24, 14 11:49 AM
I was downloading a "free" game from BF as I played Sparkle 2. Never again. The screen froze and I had to shut down the computer and reboot and I had problems doing that as things blinked on and off over and over - which I have never seen happen before.

The only good thing about all this is that the screen froze right as a Purple Flame hit the orbs and it was quite a treat to be able to stare at the picture. It was awesome. This huge wave, much bigger than I expected, was shown blasting out orbs. I sat there with my inoperative cursor and just stared for awhile.

So although I had to shut down my computer and reboot and will never download another "free" game from BF I have to say it was worth it just to see that picture. The game moves so fast that it was nice to see it slowed down, actually stopped right in the middle of a Purple Flame.

I know I'm going to be happy when I'm not an ugly herring anymore.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 24, 14 3:07 PM
Jurinne, I'm not sure what was going on but it sounds like it might have just been your computer getting overwhelmed with running a game and trying to DL a new one at the same time. My computer is pretty old and can hang up sometimes too if there are too many things going on simultaneously. But at least you got a cool slo-mo action of a purple flame powerup going on!

Only 52 more posts until you become a hang in there.

[Post New]by GrandmaCanuck on Jun 11, 14 6:29 AM
The mouse pointer does not appear on the screen. Any suggestions? I am running Windows 8.1, we have updated the display drivers on the Surface Tablet to the latest versions.

Go to: