bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Sparkle 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Sparkle 2 ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Sparkle 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sparkle 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 18, 13 12:46 AM
There's not a lot to say here ---- either you love marble poppers like I do, or you don't.

But if you do ---- this a good one. Lots of levels, different modes, a good variety of power ups, very colorful, has good control, and it even tells a fanciful story about seeking 5 keys! In seeking the keys, there a lot of levels featuring choices as to which way to go, so that's a different twist.
And the whole thing is programmed for WS monitors (the arcade people were among the first to understand and implement this).
I have had 3 or 4 of these marble poppers as go-to games on my desktop forever, and I'll be adding this one, I'm sure. I really like that you can play these for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

Give it a look-see if you like marble poppers!!

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Jun 18, 13 6:52 AM
got this game for my tablet and I thought it was great spent too much time playing and not doing what I was supposed to be doing - housework Marbles are much bigger than in the first sparkle and color is really nice. Enjoyed immensely

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jun 18, 13 9:34 AM
Two thumbs up from me. Love the big marbles, the graphics, and the abundance of power ups. My only concern is the length -- there are 5 keys to find and I'd already found one when I quit to buy after only 21 minutes. But well worth a punch card credit.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 18, 13 9:35 AM
This is a marble popper game. I am terrible at them. I only downloaded this because it will be my last review in the Mac Gamers Forum. It does come from the same devs as Azkend, so even before I started playing I thought I might be able to give it some high marks despite my ineptitude.

There is voice over and a story, but the wide screen graphics are really nothing special. They are by no means bad, just not the beautiful art presented in the Azkend games.

So, the game play. Unlike other such games I have tried, destroying the first row of marbles brings on a second row of marbles, maybe even a third row. Mechanics are similar to other such games. Aim and shoot, right clicking switches ball color, get 3 matches in a row for a power booster, increase power booster strength by getting more consecutive matches (3, 6, 9, etc.) finish the round and get a power up. It seems you will be able to choose among those power ups before starting the next round.

I played 2 rounds (3 boards each round) successfully without do overs and decided to quit while I was ahead. But I must say I absolutely loved the second power up called Tranquility. Description: The game is easier, but will take longer to play. I ask -- who needs more power ups than that?

I cannot discourage you from demoing this game, even if you think you are not good at marble poppers. What I can say is this came out on iOS a few days ago. For those who have an iPad, you might want to demo here, buy it there for $2.99.

[Post New]by monkeylover8899 on Jun 18, 13 10:16 AM
So honestly is this a really really good game cause my mom gave me a limit on how many I can have and I don't want to waste space on a bad game

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 18, 13 12:29 PM
I like this one a lot better than several others I've tried. Bought it last night with a free punch coupon

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Jun 18, 13 2:32 PM
For those who love marble shooters this is a very good game. For those who loved the first Sparkle this is a delightful very good game.

There are more similarities than changes. Powerups during a round are abundant - fireflies! What was previously a choice of amulets to wear as long as you want - there are enchantments which work the same way. There is a Survival mode which I don't remember there being before. Graphics on the map are lovely again. The boards themselves seem a little dark.

And as has been said before, the balls are bigger.

I bought after about 20 minutes. It will kill many many hours. I played the first one over and over, and may do so with this one.

it!

Dj2798
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Dj2798 on Jun 21, 13 5:13 AM
I loved it, but already beat it. It's easier than the 1st Sparkle, but still bought it. I will have more fun looking for the secrets and beating the 2 other game play areas. I recommend it for people who love marble shooting games!

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Jun 23, 13 12:25 PM
I'm really liking Sparkle 2, even though it seems a little easier that Sparkle 1. (Which I still haven't been able to complete - stuck at about Level 70 - but I'm not into the higher levels yet; this might turn out the same way!)
Love the bigger marbles with the wood texture, the colors, the weird names of the levels. The sound effects are cool. I don't especially like what looks like a pile of worms instead of the fence when the marbles stop coming out, but that's a small quibble.
As to the length of the game, don't be fooled by how quickly you get the first key. There's at least one landmark reached that doesn't provide you with a key, so the game might be longer than you at first think it is.
I've found 2 of the secrets so far, completely accidentally which makes it even more fun. Definitely a keeper for me.
Another plus is that it seems that it's possible to use more than one special power at a time (what were called amulets in Sparkle 1 - I forget what they're called in this game).

Edited on 06/23/2013 at 2:05:30 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 30, 13 12:34 AM
So this is what marble shooting is! I've never played a game like this! It's fun although I don't understand power-ups or anything like that. The game play is smooth and the music is very nice. I'm impressed.

I can see why people get addicted to this.

Cherry

Addendum: I've got two keys now! I love the music. I know that when that somber music starts that I'm in trouble. I still don't understand anything about power-ups. The only thing I know how to do is switch the shooter in the sling. I like that I can play a level over if I fail. I'm slow and I'm clumsy but I'm getting better.

And I'm addicted.

ADDENDUM: I'm stuck now. I've completed the quest four times and am trying to unlock all the games. But although I can complete the single games at the difficult level I can't get beyond easy in the double games. Without finishing all the levels of a double game I can't even practice the easier levels. So I can go no further. And that is a big disappointment for me. If there is a way to actually choose which levels one wants to play I haven't found it.

Why do I have to successfully complete a difficult game in order to be able to practice the easier games? If I could complete the difficult games I wouldn't need to practice the easier games! It's like telling a beginning runner that he has to complete a marathon before he can practice running!

My other complaint is about the hidden Options button in the upper right corner of the screen. I keep hitting it by accident and it's very distracting to have to keep clicking on "Resume Game".

Edited on 08/08/2013 at 11:25:34 PM PST

bobsfolly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bobsfolly on Jul 3, 13 7:56 PM
A bit disappointed because I think I am a tad slow...but still completed this game quickly. It is short and much easier than Sparkle 1. It was fun but being that I am not real quick at this, thought it would last a lot longer. It is a very forgiving game and patient with folk like me, but I think I will stick to Zuma! Now there is a challenge!

[Post New]by incaqueen on Jul 12, 13 6:28 AM
I'm a big marble popper fan and find this game very fun and entertaining. I finished the first game through all levels though it was very hard.. This is like comparing Zuma and Zuma Revenge. I love the bigger marbles, all of the powerups and the sound of the "worms" closing up. I found 4-5 secrets of the game just by clicking on different items during the game. I achieved all of the awards and ejoyed all of the mini-games.

My only question is now that I have finished the first game, I cannot see to find out how to go a master level. i also cannot click on the map "dots" and resume that game without creating a whole new profile.

I give this game 5 stars but am really missing a new Diner Dash game. One where Flo is smiling (when she is not-it is a good indication that you are not going to have fun either as it is ridiculously difficult to finish the game with good seating and slow podiums) I loved Diner Town Studios and the one at the theme park.

INCAQUEEN

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 30, 13 10:41 PM
bobsfolly wrote:A bit disappointed because I think I am a tad slow...but still completed this game quickly. It is short and much easier than Sparkle 1. It was fun but being that I am not real quick at this, thought it would last a lot longer. It is a very forgiving game and patient with folk like me, but I think I will stick to Zuma! Now there is a challenge!

I played Zuma in Banana Bugs but I didn't like it at all. I have the Zuma game (it must have been a DD) so I'll try it out now that I know what marble popping is about. Thanks for the recommendation.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 15, 13 7:54 PM
Like the others posting here, this game is easier and a little shorter than the original, but still grand fun. I like the new power ups and am thrilled that they got rid of the search light from the old game.

One thing I don't like at all is if your cursor is too near to the marble shooter, you can not shoot the marbles. This gets frustrating when the path of the marbles get close to the shooter.

Other than that one annoyance this is a splendid game. There are even easter eggs to discover (8?). I've found three so far.

This is a game you can play over and over again.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 15, 14 5:23 PM
Pretty game. Very slow and uncomplicated. Best for beginners; short stages with lots of feedback. Music is awful. I had SPARKLE and was hoping for a better experience. DIdn't happen so I did not get the upgrade.

Edited on 01/15/2014 at 5:25:13 PM PST

Go to: