mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

I found one of the secrets so far!!

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Jun 18, 13 2:28 AM
I remember playing Sparkle back in 2005. Back then finding all the secrets was quite captivating since you had to be very curious about every aspect of the game and I mean every aspect. I was doodling around and found the first one. It's no fun telling quite yet, but perhaps this discussion can be where we can talk about our findings if players need a hint and such. I know I will be needing help from others too!

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:I found one of the secrets so far!!

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Jun 18, 13 3:10 AM
I just stumbled over a "second secret". Keep using your mouse in unsuspecting places. I am remembering back now to the first Sparkle as to how and where the secrets were kept and what to do. By the way, when you do trigger a secret, a page will suddenly appear that describes the secret that you just uncovered.

[Post New]by hexodus86 on Jun 18, 13 8:25 PM
well, until now i discovered 5 secrets, looking foward to others

Dj2798
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Dj2798 on Jun 21, 13 5:08 AM
I've only gotten 2 so far..... great going on getting 5! Wonder how many there are?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 21, 13 8:53 AM

FOUND 1 of the SECRETS??

I've got to say that I'm confused as to what you're talking about; are you talking about the key, hand, etc. (of which I've got 2 and almost 3 of the 5) or something else?

I sure would like to be enlightened because I'm seriously NOT thinking of using one of game coupons on this game as it appears to be EXTREMELY short -- there's 5 things to get and I've already gotten 2 of them!?!

MEnr56

amf57
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by amf57 on Jun 21, 13 2:35 PM
I would really appreciate it if you would share the secrets. I have searched the internet for help with the secrets but there is none. So, please, can you share? Thanks.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 21, 13 4:55 PM
amf57 wrote:I would really appreciate it if you would share the secrets. I have searched the internet for help with the secrets but there is none. So, please, can you share? Thanks.

Welcome to the pond, amf57

Sparkle 2 is pretty new so I'm not surprised that there's not much out there yet on the secrets. If you meant the secrets in the original Sparkle game, check that game's forum on this site as the secrets for that were posted there.

MEnr56, there are Easter eggs to find if you click in certain spots. This is also true of the original Sparkle, but you won't get powerups for finding them like in the first game. The keys that you are referring to are just part of the adventure mode/storyline. There are challenge and survival modes to play in that will unlock if you play the adventure mode long enough.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 21, 13 5:03 PM
*SPOILER ALERT* Here are the 7 secrets I've found so far (click and drag below to read)

#1 Home for Butterflies: click on the orb slinger in the opening screen until all the butterflies end up in the middle of the slinger

#2 Survival Count: after unlocking all the survival levels, click on them one by one all the way down the list

#3 Friend in the Pond: click on the pond near the left of the map until you get the secret

#4 Secret of the Tower: after reaching the tower once, return to it later and click on it

#5 Volcano Extinguisher: click on the flames on top of both volcanoes in the map screen

#6 Nothing at All: after unlocking all four slots for enchantments and having at least 2 in the last set of enchantments enabled, remove all the enchantments from the orb slinger

#7 12th Time is the Charm: after getting the 12x chain achievement, click on it 12 times

Enjoy!

Edited on 06/24/2013 at 8:23:55 PM PST

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Jun 23, 13 12:31 PM
I've found 2 secrets so far, but it seems that they're different than in Sparkle 1 - which is a good thing, IMHO.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 24, 13 8:28 PM
Has anyone found any other secrets? My gaming fin needs a rest.

Ubu_
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Ubu_ on Jun 26, 13 6:12 AM
Thanks SynthpopAddict
Another one not listed (and same method to hide spoiler):

Go and look several times in a row at the "Credit" window.

(I only had 5 of the ones you listed)

Edited on 06/26/2013 at 6:15:53 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 26, 13 5:07 PM
Welcome to the pond, Ubu

Thank you for posting that one. I stumbled across that last night myself, but now I know that there are at least 2 other secrets that I have to discover as that one is #10.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 6, 13 8:01 AM
Haven't found any more secrets

Whenever I start the game on my current profile, the Book of Challenges automatically opens, so I'm guessing that there has to be an undiscovered secret there as I found ones in all the other books. But I am out of ideas as to what to do. Have tried clicking on all the thumbnails, all the larger pictures on the right, drawing patterns in the thumbnails, replaying all the boards, clicking on the progress tube at various times (empty, partially filled, while filling, full tube, clicking on bubbles). Also tried matching up pairs or opposites based on track shape or board names...anyone have any other ideas?

I am also wondering if there are secrets in the options or player profile pages but am out of ideas for what else to try there too.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 8, 13 11:31 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Haven't found any more secrets

Whenever I start the game on my current profile, the Book of Challenges automatically opens, so I'm guessing that there has to be an undiscovered secret there as I found ones in all the other books. But I am out of ideas as to what to do. Have tried clicking on all the thumbnails, all the larger pictures on the right, drawing patterns in the thumbnails, replaying all the boards, clicking on the progress tube at various times (empty, partially filled, while filling, full tube, clicking on bubbles). Also tried matching up pairs or opposites based on track shape or board names...anyone have any other ideas?

I am also wondering if there are secrets in the options or player profile pages but am out of ideas for what else to try there too.

What is a progress tube? What is a thumbnail? What pictures? Bubbles? There are bubbles?

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you fishies are talking about.

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Jul 9, 14 1:47 PM
Thanks, SynthpopAddict!

[Post New]by slainster on Sep 4, 14 6:13 AM
Anyone find all 10 secrets yet? Ive hit 9 and am pulling my hair out trying to guess the last one..

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af112/slainster/Sparkle%202/IMG_3134-1.png

Edited on 09/04/2014 at 6:16:52 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 4, 14 7:38 PM
slainster wrote:Anyone find all 10 secrets yet? Ive hit 9 and am pulling my hair out trying to guess the last one..

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af112/slainster/Sparkle%202/IMG_3134-1.png

Welcome to the pond!

I'm guessing you have a phone or tablet version of this game as the PC version I've got doesn't have the Hard or Nightmare modes (too bad because I would have liked to play them). So, what's the 9th secret you've found, as I can't figure out secrets #8 or #9 myself and am starting to wonder if maybe a couple of them are broken in my version of the game because I think I've pretty much tried everything and my carpal tunnel is killing me?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 8, 14 10:08 PM
A huge thank you to Jaakko at 10tons, who is an awesome CS rep for looking all the secrets up in the game code...you rock!!! Would have never guessed those two secrets I was missing in a million years without your help.

I still can't figure out how to do #9 but have a few guesses. If anyone has done it, would be much appreciated if you share! [click and drag below to read]

Secret #8 is Lucky Lottery - after you've won these on the achievements screen, click on the 5S quick powerups collected, 24x chain, 100 pushers, and 4 hours played achievements in that order.

Secret #9 is Yellow Mud Toad Magic Paint "you have discovered that not all pages should be read". Even Jaakko doesn't know what this means. I'm guessing this might be either clicking fast enough through the glowing artifact (it's yellow, sits in a swamp, and looks like a toadstool) the first time you get there so that none of the text appears and you get the key ASAP, or doing this on a revisit so you get none of the text. Going back and revisiting all the checkpoints except the glowing artifact didn't work. So far I've tried several times to get through the glowing artifact screen without any text showing up, but I always get about a half second of it no matter how fast I click. Or else maybe trying to skip over that checkpoint altogether when going through the game the first time, but that would mean I've already blown it on my latest run through the game and all my previous ones too LOL.

[end spoilers]

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 14 6:32 PM
Anyone figured out how to do #9 yet? I still can't get it.

Go to: