Haunted Hotel- Charles Dexter Ward

[Post New]by Kazzy0901 on Jun 21, 13 8:06 AM
So I am playing this game on my IPad and have come across an issue. I'm in the swamp house and I need to put the flower juice in the bowl on top of the stone fireplace. The problem is that the paper with the instruction list is laying on top of the fireplace and since IPad is touch screen, every time I try to put the juice on the bowl, touching anywhere in that area activates the list and the paper shows up larger in a big bubble and it won't allow me to access the bowl! I have tried repeatedly coming at it from different angles, trying to place it close to the bowl but not on, etc. whenever I even come close to the area with the juice, it just activates the list and sends the juice back to my inventory. Help!

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel- Charles Dexter Ward

[Post New]by lyrialice on Jun 22, 13 12:10 AM
Hi Kazzy0901

Sometimes the simplest step in a game is missed out. Did you click on the recipe to 'read' it before putting the juice in the bowl.

If you have you might need to contact Customer Support for help for a way around this.

If you are a game club member you can use Live Chat accessed through the My Account tab. The opening times are in BFG time which may not be the same as yours.

Or you can click on the green envelope then click on Contact Us at the bottom left of the page that comes up go to the form and fill it out and submit. Replies will go to your email. The first one is an automated response to let you know it has been received. Check your spam folder if not received within a few hours of submission of the form

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 22, 13 4:55 AM
Hi Kazzy0901,

Welcome to the Pond!

I am not too sure how you have been progressing in this game but when I am stuck like you are, like lyrialice, I find that checking out the game walkthrough is helpful!

Some tasks need to be performed in a certain order in order to work, so having a look at the Walkthrough below should help you to see if you may have missed anything.

Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Walkthrough.

A good tip for using the Walkthrough, is to use the search function of your computer by pressing Ctrl and F together , then in the box that pops up, search for the word 'flower' for example. This will allow you to skip to all the relevant parts of that Walkthrough!

If the problem persists after consulting the Walkthrough and you feel this may be a tech issue, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Also, as we have a Forum dedicated to this game, I'm going ahead and moving this to the Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Forum so that other Fishies who are playing that game can swim in and help!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Lawink on Feb 3, 14 4:43 PM
I am having the same problem. Can anyone help me out?

Go to: