Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Group play started June 22nd, anyone welcome to join in

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 22, 13 1:41 AM
Hi all

Welcome to the group play of City of Secrets

Adventure games can be confusing and sometimes you have absolutely no clue what to do next Ofcourse you can go to a walkthrough then, but what's the fun in that? Not to mention the fact that you often see and read more there than you wanted to know

With group plays you can ask help from your fellow players instead. They can give you little hints and nudges in the right direction. That has proved to be much more fun! That's not to say ofcourse that you can't use WT's

We have no strict rules, we do politely ask though that you will:
- will white all content out that might be considered a spoiler, so that every player can play his/her game at his/her own pace and make discoveries for themselves.
- will play this game at your own pace, cause it is not a race nor a contest! We have experienced players that are likely to finish faster and sooner, but they will then be available to help others, which works great! And ofcourse we don't have the same amount of time to spend on games.
- will make yourself known here in this thread, as we like to know who we are playing with and we always put up a players list

If anything about the game is confusing, be it the controls are you have no clue what to do: ask! There is likely someone else who has already figured it out.

Adventure games in general do not auto save, this usually has to be done manually. I am not sure about this game, cause I haven't checked yet, but be sure to check if you have to save yourself before quitting! Furthermore, you have to be inquisitive, talk to everyone, try to interact as much with your surroundings as possible. You probably end up doing some pretty unexpected things and find solutions or use for inventory items beyond your wildest phantasies! In short: Try everything!

I hope you all enjoy yourself and feel free to ask questions if something is unclear.

Enjoy, group play has now started!

CfG

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Group play started June 22nd, anyone welcome to join in

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 22, 13 1:43 AM
Players list

stusue finished
Aquatic playing
Fiona26 playing
harlequen finished
AvgSpock finished
luvtoread finished
amj0963 playing

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 11:23:29 AM PST

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jun 22, 13 7:08 AM

Finished! Which means that it isn't a very long game.

I won't say much about the game as I don't want to spoil anything for those of you still playing or about to play. However, just a couple of things.

Something that's just a bit of fun but not really a spoiler. **At some point just let the main character stand around, doing nothing, to hear what he says when he gets bored doing nothing. He says quite a few things so just let him stand there, if you have the patience to do that.**

Warning: Glitch when I hit Skip in the arcade game. There's one arcade game where I **couldn't control the thing properly and when I tried again and again and kept on failing, I decided that the frustration far outweighed any fun I was having (I have a very low frustration level in arcade games) so** clicked on Skip. I tried to skip 4 times and had to exit the game via the Task Manager each time. Skip finally worked the 5th time and I could continue playing the main game.

But I'm sure you'll all be great at the arcade game and love it and beat it the first time through unlike me who was hopeless at it. Other than that I had no glitches that I can recall.

It seemed to autosave after every single thing I did so, unless you want to save at a particular point so you can go back there later, there's no need to save. When I had to exit the game after each failed attempt at skipping the arcade game, it took me straight back to that point - nothing lost.

But I think one of the best bits for me were the **interviews** that follow immediately after The End.

Have fun everyone!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 22, 13 8:27 AM
ROFL stusue that was certainly fast! but as you said it isn't a very long game Thanks for all the tips!

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jun 22, 13 11:09 AM

What a lonely Players List! Where's harlequen, AvgSpock, barregar and antiquer, who all said they were playing in the Announcing new group play: City of Secrets, starting June 22nd thread?

Well, I wasn't that fast, CfG. Don't forget that I start a long time ahead of everybody else, being 6 hours ahead of those on the east coast and even more ahead of those further west.

Are you joining in, as well, or did you just set it up for us (me )? And thanks for setting it up. Otherwise I'm sure this game would have never been played, doomed to remain down near the bottom of my looooooooooooooooooong Unplayed Games list.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 22, 13 12:37 PM
@stusue I intended to join, but I am doing a team challenge over at the forum and I simply can't let my team down! So I will put this game on my list to play in July, along with Barrow Hill, which I really really want to play!

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jun 22, 13 1:08 PM
Catfish_girl wrote:@stusue I intended to join, but I am doing a team challenge over at the forum and I simply can't let my team down! So I will put this game on my list to play in July, along with Barrow Hill, which I really really want to play!

CfG, pity you couldn't join us (me ) but good luck with the team challenge! And have fun with CoS and Barrow Hill in July.

I've just finished another game so it's time for me to take my poor eyes to bed. 2 complete games in one day is more than enough for them.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Jun 22, 13 1:30 PM
Aquatic here! Starting
late because it's a Sunny Day in Seattle!
I've played a third of this game on my iPod touch, looking forward to the "big screen"

Fiona26
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona26 on Jun 22, 13 2:22 PM
I'm playing.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 22, 13 2:43 PM
YAY for more players!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 22, 13 3:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm playing, too!

I really enjoy the humor in this game. I have definitely lol several times.

It's a little challenging for me but, it isn't so hard that I have had to need more than a couple of hints so far.

I seem to have hit a rough patch * I am stuck attempting to sort the trash* I dislike these kinds of mini games that require speed and/or dexterity that I seem to lack but, skip is broken. Tore out a few hairs already. lol

After trying several times, I got a little over frustrated and decided it was time to take a break. * I want to go to the Habamas *

eta: *I finally got through the 1st sort and was elated, only to crash down to earth and find that was only worth 10 and there was a round 2! If there is a round 3, I may have to adopt a child to play it for me. lol *

Edited on 06/22/2013 at 4:08:11 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jun 22, 13 4:33 PM
I'm finally here, going to start right after my dinner

I'm so glad to see You all Aquatic, Fiona, AVGSpock and of course Stusue, I'll see You tomorrow, You must be sleeping right now

Fiona26
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona26 on Jun 22, 13 5:04 PM
AvgSpock, you don't have to do that task more than once. There are other ways to earn money.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 22, 13 5:08 PM
Hi Fiona26 - Thanks so much for the tip!

eta: Thanks to your help, I've moved along and I'm Finally starting Episode 2

Edited on 06/22/2013 at 5:46:52 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jun 22, 13 7:46 PM
I got to the part where I have to * sort the trash * it's late for me now and of course cant get it, but I didn't want to skip it but save it for tomorrow when I'm rested, so I just clicked on * the red button * and I got out, so see You all tomorrow, Nighty

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Jun 22, 13 9:23 PM
Hello Everyone. The narrator and Moles have me laughing a lot. As Stusue said, leave Moles idle for a bit and he says some interesting things!

I broke my eyeglasses yesterday, ordered some new ones, but have to wait a week or more for delivery. The generic drugstore readers I am using, are very fatiguing, so I'll be playing very slowly.

Like most of you, the arcade game was so frustrating! I seemed to have no control over it whatsoever, so resorted to the Skip.

Pocopane seems to be **rife with beauracracy. Ij'm ready for a trip to the Habmas too! **

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 23, 13 12:57 AM
I'm just in the beginning of Episode 4 now. * Wow, I spent a lot of time playing those instruments in the old one's digestive tract...ew. lol

Now I am taking a break as I got tired from going up and down in the wardrobe. I'll have to wait to examine the photos later.

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jun 23, 13 3:00 AM

AvgSpock, how on earth did you manage to get through even one round of that arcade game???????? Hats off to you! However, on my 5th attempt to skip, when it finally let me I got **20 coins, or whatever they were called**. And I know what you mean about those **stupid instruments! I'd loved the whole digestive tract up until that point then came the last music hurdle to get through. I couldn't see any logic to them at all but just kept on until they were all finally in tune with each other. I'm still not sure what I did. Then I loved the comment made when he then had to go out the *end* **

Hey, Aquatic, did the Skip work for you on the first go????

harlequen! Good luck with **sorting the trash!**

Fiona26. Hope you're having as much fun as I had playing it (except for that stupid arcade game).

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 23, 13 3:51 AM
Hi stusue,

* It wasn't easy for me at all. I had to play several times just to be able to figure out what the items were supposed to be never mind which bin to catch them in.

I found that it was best to move slowly and back up just as slowly to get it to stay put. It is still a luck of the draw when the fast items come in quick succession because you do not have a choice but to move fast.

Round 2 had 2 additional buckets added and that made it even harder. There was no way, I was going to get that one. If Fiona26 hadn't tipped me off that I didn't need to do that, I would still be there and totally bald by now! lol

It was funny (as well as icky) all the way through the digestion. lol

I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's comments on so many parts of this game!

I have finally gotten to the end and the sound has cut off on the end cut scene. Did this happen to anyone else?

I keep closing the game and restarting it again so that I can go back and see it with sound because the very end appears to have no captions and I don't want to miss anything.

It starts over with the end action required and always has sound during that part but, when it goes into the cut scene, it cuts the sound off.

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jun 23, 13 5:41 AM

AvgSpock, I just went back in to see if I had sound for the final cutscene and I didn't for a few seconds while **Moles walked around to the bungee cord** but then I had sound again for the entire end cutscene and for the **interviews** after The End. Did you also not have sound for those?

Go to: