Best game this year!! Can't wait for the 2nd one

A must buy for all HOgammers

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

Re:Serpent of Isis Best of '09

[Post New]by soymocha on Mar 3, 09 10:35 AM
I liked this game also unrulygamemad. I look forward to a second one too.

[Post New]by wiskywoman on Mar 3, 09 10:38 AM
I can't get mine to play??

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 3, 09 10:38 AM
Best of the year so far. The year just started.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 3, 09 11:56 AM
Of the games released by Big Fish so far in 2009, the best I have played are Syberia and Syberia II. They are truly EXCELLENT games. My next favorites are Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Nick Chase and Lost in Reefs.

The Serpent of Isis has too many problems. If it didn’t have so many dark scenes with items that are impossible to see or click on, then it would have rated much higher on my list.

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 3, 09 12:25 PM
Ths is the only hidden object game I played all the way through.

Some of my favorite movies are the Indiana Jones films and National Treasure. I think that's why it was so easy for me to get into this game. I really like the theme and riding the train and visiting the different cities while searching for an artifact.

Edited on 03/03/2009 at 3:07:47 PM PST

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Mar 3, 09 1:26 PM
I have tested some really great HO games( this one included) and there is more to come.

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Mar 7, 09 1:34 PM
We will see if this game will be the best game in 2009.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 7, 09 2:56 PM
Sorry, LizzieK, it makes me chuckle when people state that it's "impossible" to do something in a game. It's obviously not impossible, because so many of us have done it. It's irritating and aggravating at times, that's for sure, but not impossible.

I can't play the large file adventure games, so I don't know about Siberia, but for the games that have been released this year, this one is the best so far.

I also liked Robinson Crusoe and Nick Chase, but they only took 3 hours to play. This game took me 6 hours the first time, so it goes higher on my list.

And the scenes were so beautiful that I didn't mind playing them again.

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 2:57:27 PM PST

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Mar 7, 09 3:21 PM
Haven't had a chance to play many games lately--been out of town. However, got a chance to download this one and play the demo today--and for me it is a keeper. The hour went by in no time at all and I purchased it right away! In fact, sent a gift cert to a friend for a "thank you" and recommended it to her. I have trouble with the large file adventures--get lost all over the place. This one is just hard enough and challenging, without major frustration. Though I'm sure as it goes along it will get harder!!! And, I must say, the objects are hidden very well, but can be found.

[Post New]by melansongirl on Mar 7, 09 10:03 PM
LizzieK wrote:
The Serpent of Isis has too many problems. If it didn’t have so many dark scenes with items that are impossible to see or click on, then it would have rated much higher on my list.

I agree! And I really hate when you click on something and if you don't click just right it won't work.
Also please name things properly next time. A bolt is a metal thing not a lightning bolt. That really rather bugs me.
I enjoyed Return to Ravenhurst much, much more.

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 10:05:12 PM PST

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 7, 09 10:17 PM
melansongirl wrote:Also please name things properly next time. A bolt is a metal thing not a lightning bolt. That really rather bugs me.

A "bolt" can also be a discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder. So I don't see any problem there.

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 10:39:24 PM PST

[Post New]by rolliepollie1155 on Mar 26, 09 7:11 AM
do any of you know where the letter a is in karels cab i am so stuck

[Post New]by baddad123 on Mar 26, 09 10:53 AM
Can anyone tell me how to finish the game I made it all the way to the star chart and I can't get anything to move the planets won't move no matter what I try

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Mar 27, 09 12:06 AM

What may be possible for you may not for people with eyesight that is not as good. I know my night vision is definitely much worse then it was 10 years ago and I found many screens on this game that were impossible for me to do without using many hints and repeating. More then once I still couldn't make out the object in a dark place even with a hint, I just hit the screen until it picked the unseen object. The flashlight helped some but on some screens it reflected back and made it worse to see.

I also dislike going into a game not knowing that it was continued, that should be stated upfront.

BinLA wrote:Sorry, LizzieK, it makes me chuckle when people state that it's "impossible" to do something in a game. It's obviously not impossible, because so many of us have done it. It's irritating and aggravating at times, that's for sure, but not impossible.

[Post New]by oughtabestudying on Mar 27, 09 12:23 AM
Why is it that some games won't initialize after you get them downloaded and installed? "Serpent" won't run for me. Most games do, but now and then one won't.
I'm on a new Vista machine.

[Post New]by oughtabestudying on Mar 27, 09 12:26 AM
I bought Syberia and Syberia II when they first came out, and fell in love with them. So charming, really lovely to look at and engaging. I think they are the benchmark of touching storylines and graphics for me. Benoit Sokal has another game out, "The Sinking Ship" I think it is called, and there is supposed to be a copy of it out there somewhere, but I have not found it. I'll get it one of these days.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Mar 27, 09 12:35 AM
Welcome to the pond all you newbies. I have played this game all the way thru several times and had no glitches. I have vista and my laptop is almost 2 years old. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. You might want to try un-installing it and if that doesn't work try tech support they are the best.

Good luck and Happy gaming

Charm

Cocoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Cocoban on Mar 27, 09 5:20 PM
I managed to get everything completed in Chapter7, except finding the clownfish in Carlo Siro's cabin. I had my last hint removed when I clicked twice too close together. VERY FRUSTRATING! Can anyone help me find the clownfish so I can go on to Chapter 8 without starting all over again?

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 27, 09 7:22 PM
the clownfish is on the slot machine somehwere.

Go to: