L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

Add new neighbours in Dark Manor

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:37 PM
Hi all,
I would love to have some new neighbours in Darkmanor.
My gamecenter ID is L Amour (with a space)
My mansion name is LAmour Skull Party

Question to the mods:
Is it an idea, to make this thread a sticky one?

Edit: mansion name

No more new invites, please. Thank you.

Edited on 06/19/2014 at 10:52:32 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Add new neighbours in Dark Manor

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 3:50 AM
Swimming in to sticky this thread so Dark Manor players can sync up and show off their scores and Manor designs!

bfgBaikal

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 29, 13 7:17 AM
Thank you for making this a sticky one!

Showing our mansions designs with scores here, I don't find this such a good idea though... I would rather suggest to make a seperate thread for that.....

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 3:19 PM
I would be very happy to be your friend in this game L_Amour but I am waiting to see if I can overcome the tech difficulties I am experiencing.

btw is the neighbour list alphabetical? Can you scroll down to F at this time? (could be a critical issue ).

Other questions I have:

- does one have to be on line at the same time?
- Can one exchange gifts any time?
- I have only visited what I think is the BFG dummy neighbour. It didn't actually involve people, just a strange blitz H0G with which I had another tech problem
- do you talk to people in this game or just visit their gardens?
- are you French? (you don't have to answer that)

ETA
Who are the other players in the "Invite Other Players" list in the neighbours tab of this game, only with street address? Would that be gamers on line at the moment? Or game constructs?

Edited on 06/30/2013 at 3:52:12 PM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 30, 13 8:03 PM
Hi Frogmort!

Sent an invite to Frogmort in GC, hope that's you!
If not, feel free to invite me via GC, or post your nickname here.

Your other questions:
- is the neighbour list alphabetical? Can you scroll down to F at this time? (could be a critical issue ).
No alphabetical neighbourslist, the latest new neighbours are on top, the oldest on the bottom of the list.
So, if we manage to become neighbours oneday I'll be able to see/scroll/invite/gift you as long as it takes.

- does one have to be on line at the same time?
No.

- Can one exchange gifts any time?
You can send gifts when you want, as long as you have remaining gifts in the neighbours section, and the particular neighbour is "giftable".
Mostly the remaining gifts (to gift) in the neighbours section increase, when you receive a gift. But unfortunately we can't return a favor to all neighbours who send one. There seems to be a cap.

- do you talk to people in this game or just visit their gardens?
We can't talk via the game, only visit eachother mansions.
Communicating happens on forums, like this one for example.
Personally I'm member on more forums, one special in particular.
(Sorry, can't post it here, the forum rules don't allow that).

- are you French? (you don't have to answer that)
No, I'm Dutch.

- Who are the other players in the "Invite Other Players" list in the neighbours tab of this game, only with street address? Would that be gamers on line at the moment? Or game constructs?
They are random neighbours, selected by Big Fish, who can be invited, max 5 per day.
Most of my neighbours were already my neighbours in another game who are also my friends on another forum, so we exchanged our GC nicknames to add eachother, but I've also already invited some random neighbours listed in that section, some of them seemed to be active and accepted my invite, and some of them never did.
Given my experience in another (simular) game, it might be possible some of these free daily invites could already be inactive .... unless Big Fish is able to filter them and keep them out of that list....

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 1, 13 12:50 AM
Gosh thanks for all that info L_Amour!

I have not played a social game such as this before, so it is very helpful.

As I am still trying it out (and deciding whether I want to play at all, socially or otherwise), i would rather not post my GC name here, but have sent you a PM.

Actually, another person got to Frogmort before me in the GC

I had no idea it was such a popular name .

[Post New]by annamarie86 on Jul 1, 13 6:24 PM
Add Me please My gamecenter name is AnnaMarie86..thank you

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 2:51 AM
Hi L_Amour, I have sent you a gift, just want to apologise that it is money not Energy - I only have an early model Tesla machine and can't afford energy gifts.

ETA I now realise that the gifts are "free" and don't seem to come out of one's own stash of money or energy...

Edited on 07/08/2013 at 3:09:38 PM PST

s7eph40
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by s7eph40 on Jul 2, 13 9:24 AM
Hi I'm very new to this- love the game,but have never played a social game before. I've sent requests to Frogmort Annamarie and L Amour- but then thought I might be being pushy/rude. I apologise if this is not the done thing- but I am desperate for neighbours. Please feel free to add me I am S7EPH 40 in GC. Thank you.

s7eph40
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by s7eph40 on Jul 2, 13 9:26 AM
PS It might be s7eph 40 lower case-I don't know if it matters, it has both on GC.

[Post New]by annamarie86 on Jul 2, 13 10:41 AM
S7eph40 I haven't received a request from you yet so I went ahead and sent you one hope that's ok....

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 12:48 PM
Frogmort wrote:Hi L_Amour, I have sent you a gift, just want to apologise that it is money not Energy - I only have an early model Tesla machine and can't afford energy gifts.

Hi Frogmort! You don't need to apologize, I'm always happy with every gift!
What's your mansion name? I want to send you a gift back, but can't find a mansion named Frogmort, did you keep your default name (DM adres)?

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 1:06 PM
@S7EPH 40 and AnnaMarie86: thanks for your invites, I am happy and accepted them gifts are on their way

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 2, 13 4:48 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm in the same situation as some others in that I haven't tried a social game before but would like to try it.

I'm currently at level 10. My mansion is Chateau Andouille. My Game Center name is I think Winfrey.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 6:14 PM
L_Amour wrote:
Frogmort wrote:Hi L_Amour, I have sent you a gift, just want to apologise that it is money not Energy - I only have an early model Tesla machine and can't afford energy gifts.

Hi Frogmort! You don't need to apologize, I'm always happy with every gift!
What's your mansion name? I want to send you a gift back, but can't find a mansion named Frogmort, did you keep your default name (DM adres)?

Where do I find Mansion Name?

Sorry i am such a novice

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 4:23:28 PM PST

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 2, 13 6:29 PM
Frogmort,

You can name your mansion by clicking on the address. That should bring up a box that will let you change from a street address to a name of your choice. You can also change your avatar at the same time.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 2, 13 6:31 PM
Frogmort,

I just wanted to add that you can leave the address as the mansion name but it's fun to have a name instead.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 3, 13 4:39 AM
@Frogmort: I found you.

@Winfrey3: invite sent via GC!

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 4:09:10 PM PST

[Post New]by yellowdog12 on Jul 3, 13 9:46 AM
Hello,
started playing three days ago and I've been trying to add neighbors that are suggested automatically but no one has accepted yet. My Game Center I'd is (YELLOWDOG) and my domain Ghost Lane.
Looking forward to adding neighbors and tomorrow will invite some of you as today I cannot invite any more. By the way I don't understand the limit to invitations.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 3, 13 11:40 AM
Hi all, just to apologise that I am not being very sociable because connectivity is apparently making this game rather tricky for me to play.

And no, I 'm afraid someone else beat me to Frogmort on GC so that's not me .

Go to: