Reviews for Druid Kingdom

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Druid Kingdom

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 25, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Druid Kingdom? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Druid Kingdom page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Druid Kingdom

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 25, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jun 25, 13 1:13 AM
A gorgeous game for TM lovers! However, for the growing number of us who love builders without time pressure, a big disappointment. One would think the developers would have learned, after all this time, that gamers prefer certain options. But--you can't chain tasks, and you cant turn off the timer. You can't even click on a task until the poor little guy gets back to the hut. Beautiful graphics, interesting story, and fun characters. I had high hopes for this, but must regretfully conclude that, without a relaxed mode, it's a no-buy for me.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jun 25, 13 1:46 AM
I was pleased to see a game from the developers of My Kingdom for the Princess, as I'd really enjoyed those games (apart from the stressful mini-games in MKftP 2 and 3). Unfortunately this game does nothing for me. Yes, the graphics are good, the characters are fun, the story looks interesting. But somehow it doesn't work. I don't mind the timer, although a relaxed mode is always welcome. The times on this game just don't seem achievable, even on early levels. The additional tasks rely on spotting items that appear briefly while you're trying to concentrate on beating the time.

Over all, a disappointment. I won't be buying.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jun 25, 13 2:19 AM
This game is great!!!! But to really see just how good it is, I am afraid takes more than the 60 minutes trial I cannot reveal much without "spoiling it" for everyone - but give it a go. If you love building TMs, you won´t regret it!!!

for a really great game with lots of replayability

The only thing that is annoying is the fact that you cant click the caracters "talk" away - but it is a minor thing in this little gem

Edited on 06/25/2013 at 2:33:47 AM PST

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Jun 25, 13 6:26 AM
When I saw who the developers were I didn't even hesitate and bought it straight away without playing the demo. Even if I had played it I still would have purchased it, but I do agree that the timer is very fast and I'm not sure if all levels are gold achievable, but I love TM games and will do my hardest to beat the timer.

Meldandy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Meldandy on Jun 25, 13 6:59 AM
I don't mind the timer. Figuring out the most efficient strategy to finish the level is the goal for me. Other folks, maybe not so much. I like Druid Kingdom except for one little problem, and that's the rate of earning versus spending the diamonds for the extras like various powerups, new levels, and kingdom improvements. Even miserly usage of the in-play powerups will bleed you dry, and everything in the store (open after the first set of levels) is expensive. If you make the gold goal, you might earn as much as 15 diamonds. I bought the second set of levels and a couple of overall powerups and I was pretty much broke. I haven't fixed anything in my castle yet, and I have no idea if that has some bearing on the game play or is simply a way to waste diamonds.

Overall, I'm having fun with the game. It's bright and colorful, and I want to see the next levels of the game. The question remains can I afford to buy the next level sets.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jun 25, 13 7:13 AM
Darn! I love the graphics and story line but at 76 yrs old I can't race along when I am looking at the beautiful scenery and planning my next move. I have to pass on this one and hate to do so but just can't tolerate the timer after three scenes. Please reconsider dropping the timer or at least giving much more time as an option when you create such a great game developers. Hope to see you soon in a game that is more user friendly. Would be great if you had two difficulty levels so we would all be happy. Sorry

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Jun 25, 13 7:27 AM
I love games of this type, and find this one to be charming in setting and appearance. I really enjoy the music, as well. However, the time required for gold on the levels is completely ridiculous, and it is difficult to achieve that rank even if you do everything in the right order, and without hesitation. Also, the inability to assign tasks in advance is a serious problem. Being forced to wait until the worker is back in the cottage before assigning a new task is infuriating. When two tasks are very close together, the worker should be able to do one and then the other, without running to home base every time, and then back to where the previous task was.

Furthermore, having bonus items to find in the levels is enjoyable, but having them appear briefly and then disappear while you are concentrating on something else, like beating the harsh time limits, is frustrating.

Come on, developers, you know better than this. Give us an option on the timer, or, at the very least, be more generous with the time allowed. (Different difficulty settings could allow for variation in the time limits.) I play these games for relaxation and entertainment. If I wanted stress, I could easily find it in real life.

Edited on 06/25/2013 at 7:51:55 AM PST

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Jun 25, 13 7:58 AM
I love these kind of games and thought I was in heaven with 2 in a row until I read about the timer. I play these games to relax and have fun. If I want the stress of deadlines I'll stay at the office. Unfortunately, this game looks wonderful but with the timer, it's a no buy for me.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 25, 13 8:06 AM
Meldandy wrote:I don't mind the timer. Figuring out the most efficient strategy to finish the level is the goal for me. Other folks, maybe not so much. I like Druid Kingdom except for one little problem, and that's the rate of earning versus spending the diamonds for the extras like various powerups, new levels, and kingdom improvements. Even miserly usage of the in-play powerups will bleed you dry, and everything in the store (open after the first set of levels) is expensive. If you make the gold goal, you might earn as much as 15 diamonds. I bought the second set of levels and a couple of overall powerups and I was pretty much broke. I haven't fixed anything in my castle yet, and I have no idea if that has some bearing on the game play or is simply a way to waste diamonds.

Overall, I'm having fun with the game. It's bright and colorful, and I want to see the next levels of the game. The question remains can I afford to buy the next level sets.

bad thing is without the powerups from the store,,,gold is impossible, in the later levels....and to earn enough gems,,,takes 4 ever....

libbyb54nc
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by libbyb54nc on Jun 25, 13 8:11 AM
No relaxed mode, not a buy for me. The timer does not last very long so it was difficult getting gold after a few levels. I understand that some people like to get gold on every level, but some people just enjoy finishing a game without getting all gold, so developers need to consider all players.

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Jun 25, 13 8:53 AM
I agree with the other posts. without the relaxed mode it is no buy for me either. Sounds like a nice game though and maybe they can update it to include the relaxed mode.

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jun 25, 13 9:05 AM
My stance on time management\strategy games is they should start off easy and get progressively harder.

If I have to replay level 1, 2, 3 for gold then

The problem with this game and games like Gnome Crystal is the developer's didn't leave any leeway.

Gold time = developer's times.

Time management games are like road trips. You can take different routes but still end up at the correct destination.

With this game, you have to follow a strict route. Make a left here, make a right there, upgrade this building at exactly 21 hundred hours or you miss gold.

I've played all 3 MKFTP on either 2 or 3 different computers under 3 profiles and I didn't use the same strategy.

In the beginning, upgrading the sawmill was my first approach.
When I replayed it about a month ago, I upgraded the workers' cottage to gain another helper. Both strategies worked.

Not with this game. You either play it exactly and as quickly as they did or no gold for you.

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jun 25, 13 9:53 AM
Since the MKFTP is my all time favorite series of games, I was so excited to see this! But - wow...it's hard, at least for me. When I can't get through at least the first 3 or 4 levels at the highest ranking I'm afraid that down the road it will be impossible. Was so ready to buy...but think I'm going to have to pass, regretfully.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Jun 25, 13 11:16 AM
I normally love these types of games. I don't mind a bit of frustration trying to get gold. Sometimes I actually like replaying levels to attain gold.
That being said, the frustration level of this game goes beyond being fun. The timer is just way too fast. When I found myself replaying the third level for the fourth time without getting gold, I stopped the trial.
Give me a break! I expect the levels to get harder as the game progresses, but starting off that hard is ridiculous.
Without an easy option or even a timer-less level, this is a no-buy for me. As someone else said, I play these games to relax and if I wanted all this frustration I can find it in real life.

nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by nic2200 on Jun 25, 13 11:22 AM
I love TM games and I was so excited when I saw this today. I played the first three levels and I can't get gold on the third level. I play these games trying to get gold as the challenge for me and if I'm having this much trouble this early on, I'm not really interested. The timer moves so quickly and the workers seem to work a lot slower than the timer implies they should.

Another thing that I didn't like was not having a clear list of the level goals on the screen. I suppose the ! icons were the goals, but I still like seeing the list checked off.

Oh and at this point in time, chaining actions really should be standard.

I already deleted it from my computer. It's a shame because it could have been a good game if it wasn't so difficult to achieve gold, which is how I play these games.

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on Jun 25, 13 12:11 PM
I was very excited to see another TM/building game as they seem to be few & far between lately. I almost bought it without demoing since I have a PCC to use but thank goodness I played first.

Regretfully this is a no buy for three main reasons:
* unable to chain tasks makes for tedious playing
* way too fast time limit (I'm not a "must get gold on every level" player, but when you can't even achieve gold around level 3, nope, too fast. Also that you must replay levels when timer runs out is frustrating.)
* the talk that pops up in the middle that you can't even click to make go away was very annoying

Another, minor reason, this is a no buy is the inability to earn more crystals as compared to how many you use to get anything useful, let alone the fact that you use some to 'buy' access to the next level.

Also, I prefer having a clear section that shows the tasks required to complete a level. Perhaps I missed it, but other than the exclamation point indicating it was a required task to complete the level, I didn't see any list showing what was required. In some cases it made strategizing difficult. If there is a list, I missed it, which maybe indicates the developer needs to strengthen the visibility. I didn't mind the 'extra' tasks to complete so much but it would have been more enjoyable if the time limit wasn't so strict.

Overall, nice graphics, decent storyline, felt it had a lot of potential so I am very disappointed since I was really ready to use my PCC!

[Post New]by sateku_1975 on Jun 25, 13 12:22 PM
I totally agree with previous posts. To sum it up:

1) Timer is extremely unforgiving
2) No chaining of tasks
3) Unclear goals

Especially number 2 is really preventing me from enjoying this game as I thought I would when seeing the cute and gorgeous graphics. I am not in any mood to keep on clicking on tasks at the perfect point in time, just to barely miss the gold if I miss the click by a fraction of a second. And since it seems like you also should click on other stuff in various sub-tasks, I just know my frustration levels would go nuts after a while, I was already frustrated at level 2!

I like to chain tasks and formulate various strategies in my TM-games, especially if they have a difficult time limit like this one. Here it seems like there is only one way out and that is to click fast and exact or wait for the tedious gatheing of power-ups...

No buy for me - unfortunately.

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Jun 25, 13 2:28 PM
i was excited to try this game. I made it to the all gold level and deleted it.
the timer is too fast

what really bugged me was how cluttered the game field looks. there are turning circles, exclamation points, little tiny arrows, things popping up and disappearing.

I really did not understand the goals of the levels, and the timer went too fast for me.

No buy.

Go to: