bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Love Story: The Way Home technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 26, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 3:27:41 PM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Post any Love Story: The Way Home technical issues here only

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 26, 13 12:39 AM
Two minutes into the game and it glitched. I was playing the very first hidden object scene. I collected everything on the list, and the game did nothing. I could back out of the scene, but it didn't give me anything for my inventory. I restarted the game under another name and that time it gave me an item for my inventory.

Maybe ten minutes later, I played another hidden object scene (the one that's in a wardrobe in the first room of the house). My mouse froze, and then an access violation error popped up. I had to ctrl+alt+del to get out of the game.

Added to that, the cursor is clunky and feels like I'm dragging it through light syrup.

Everything on my computer is up to date (I just updated drivers and such yesterday), and it exceeds the minimum requirements.

weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by weyrelady on Jun 26, 13 1:32 AM
I am having the same problem as Imberis. SO IT MUST BE A GLITCH IN THE GAME not our computers. I have had problems with games before and it was always the game itself that was faulty. Please get it fixed as I want to buy it .

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 26, 13 2:02 AM
Hi there!

If you have already updated your driver and the other programs that help run your game and are still having issues playing it, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running smoothly. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to have issues with the game after making these adjustments though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Indy72
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Indy72 on Jun 26, 13 3:17 AM
I also got an access violation error pop up when I played the second HOS. I tried to play the game as administrator but then the game froze and I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game. I already uninstalled and reïnstalled the game but still the access violation error pops up

Please get a fix for this game, because the game looks so nice that I would like to buy it.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 26, 13 3:40 AM
This is just for general info:

I played a full 50 minutes of this game with no problems whatsoever.

I'm running W7 64bit Home Premium on an HP TouchScreen All-in-One with 23"HDWDS.

I am about to purchase the game and will update this if I have any problems after purchase.

BK

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 26, 13 3:59 AM
Hi Indy72,

Have you tried looking at the following help article which provides great advice for the error you are seeing?

Access Violation

Please try the suggestions offered to tackle that error and that should improve matters for you.

If you would like us to help you with this process though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/26/2013 at 3:59:42 AM PST

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Jun 26, 13 5:15 AM
Same problem with second HOS scene - access error violation! Sounds like a definite glitch in the game

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 26, 13 5:30 AM
Heya ediegamer,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this access violation as well.

If you have already tried the steps that bfgBaikal mentioned in her previous posts and still get this message, it would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team and also include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report.

This way they can look into this further and get the ball rolling to get this fixed for you.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by franitfc on Jun 26, 13 5:45 AM
just brought game no fully loading i have tried several times to download it and have followed all your advice very frustrated right now and dissapointed sort it out

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jun 26, 13 7:44 AM
same problem.. twice now while playing hos, the mouse stopped working - well, the arrow was still there but I could not move it. I will not buy until this if fixed.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 26, 13 8:12 AM
I don't know if this will work for any of the tech problems....but I was having alot of tech problems with most games. And I downloaded the old game manager and now my games work so much better. Keeping fingers crossed.

It's worth a try at least. And my games download so much faster now. I hope this might help someone.

Best of luck to all.

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Jun 26, 13 9:21 AM
Yes, this game has big problems. I've installed it twice and both times the cursor freezes up about 2/3 of the way through the first ho scene. Will try again when a fix is made.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jun 26, 13 9:38 AM
Indy72 wrote:I also got an access violation error pop up when I played the second HOS. I tried to play the game as administrator but then the game froze and I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game. I already uninstalled and reïnstalled the game but still the access violation error pops up

Please get a fix for this game, because the game looks so nice that I would like to buy it.

This is what happened to me too. In the same spot, the second HOS.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Jun 26, 13 9:40 AM
I'm having the same access violation issue. It looks like it could be a good game but I'm not even going to try to finish the demo until the problem is fixed. Sure not buying it like it is now!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 26, 13 10:24 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with this game.

franitfc, since you've tried everything that's been suggested, I would recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. They can do some targeted investigating to look into what's happening here.

Penguin29 and maziemom, often when the game freezes up like that, it's an indication that there's a driver on the computer that could use an update. For assistance finding those drivers, just click HERE. If that doesn't work, one of our Tech Support Reps would be happy to take a look to help sort this out.

cadfael and twinsoniclab, I would also request that you contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix. If we can collect more information about this access violation issue, it makes it easier to look into that and escalate to the developer, if need be.

Thanks everyone!

bfgDeveron

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jun 26, 13 12:18 PM
Same problem here with the glitching during HO scenes.

It looks on my computer as if the game cursor locks up but I can see my standard system cursor in some places on the screen.

It takes a ctrl-alt-del to get out the game for me too.

All my stuff is up to date and my computer far exceeds requirements. Must be a problem in the game code.

However, since I wasn't enjoying the game anyway (too boring, too simple, too ordinary) I don't really care all that much.

Maybe in a year when it comes around as a DD it will be working better and I'll take another look.

Hope those of you who love the game get it working right.

gem28
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by gem28 on Jun 26, 13 1:30 PM
I didn't have any problems at all until I bought it. I installed the game and then went to press the play button. Unfortunately all I get is a black screen that then just goes straight back to my original screen. The game manager doesn't even register that the game was played, it shows me the exact same screen I had when I tried to play it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and still can't play this game and I hope that you can help or there is going to be a download to fix all the problems that people seem to be having.
Thank you

Edited on 06/26/2013 at 1:31:43 PM PST

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Jun 26, 13 2:17 PM
I got the access violation pop-up on the second HO scene, too. Curser froze. Had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the game. No buy for me.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jun 26, 13 2:23 PM
I got access violation too, on the first HOG scene, after pruning the shrub in the HOG scene.

had to ctrl/alt/delete
tried again, had to repeat the HOG scene and it happened again
AND it had logged me out of BF
as I discovered when I tried to write this post

shame as it was going so well.......

I'l go and have a look at the advice and report back

Go to: