bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 27, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by nomatt on Jun 27, 13 12:59 AM
Cursor keeps freezing for a second or two. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game but it still freezes. I have uninstalled the game. please don't tell me it's my PC. I have a quad core intel CPU @ 4.1GHz, 16Gb RAM, windows 7 4bit and an extremely fast graphics card. I have this problem in no other game.

Update. After the third reinstall it seems to be ok, freezing has gone? Oh well, back to trying it.

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 1:21:57 AM PST

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by galphimia on Jun 27, 13 1:26 AM
I think this is an attempt to combine widescreen and fullscreen. It does fill my fullscreen, but everything looks.....strange, not normal.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 27, 13 3:28 AM
Hi galphimia,

I would encourage you to have a look at the following help articles which will give you tips on how to improve the way your games and computer communicate with one another:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Screen Resolution

Updating your drivers and forcing your computer to reassess it's current resolution when the game launches, should help things to display correctly for you.

If you would like some more help with this though, we are happy to provide it. Please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page for dedicated support.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

gem28
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by gem28 on Jun 27, 13 4:09 AM
After purchasing this game every time I try to play it asks for a registration name and key and I don't know what it is talking about. This is the first time I have ever had this since becoming a member of Big Fish Games a few years ago. I look forward to any help as I really love the Witches' Legacy games.
Thanks

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 27, 13 5:20 AM
i purchased and the game won't activate. Never had this happen..it just keeps trying to download over and over again.
I've tried to uninstall and start fresh but the game isn't even showing up as something I played this morning in demo.
In fact..your Big Fish Icon disappeared from my desktop. Not the manager but the main icon.
very strange
kris

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Jun 27, 13 5:40 AM
I can not access the mailbox to use the last punch card. The map shows it as the only task left but even the courser does not change.

uvujog10
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by uvujog10 on Jun 27, 13 5:43 AM
There must be technical issues with this game. I played a few minutes of the demo and had to exit to attend to a family matter and when I logged back into the game and clicked Play all I kept getting was a blank screen and automatic return to Game Manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled and again clicked Play but still had blank screen and automatic return to BF Game Manager. I dont receive any Error messages and it cant be my system as I managed to play a few minutes of the game to start with and the problem then occurred after exiting and logging back into game. Anyone else experienced same? I will send a Felix Report.
My system is Intel pentium processor T4400 2.2 GHz 800 MHz FSB 4GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570
I have played hundred of games on this system and never had this problem.
My video card has the latest updates so I know its not that which is causing the problem.

gem28
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by gem28 on Jun 27, 13 5:54 AM
uvujog10 you give me the impression that there might be a problem with Big Fish Games because I had the exact same thing happen to yesterday's game Love Story: The Way Home. I have yet to receive any help though in fixing the problem so I'm sorry I can't pass on any help. All I know is that there seems to be a lot of technical difficulties in two games in a row. I've never had a game I couldn't play before and now I've had two. Anyway now that it's been mentioned twice maybe we will get a solution.
Best of luck

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on Jun 27, 13 6:33 AM
I purchased this game but it can't get it to install. I received the error code 766.
I tried to download it twice.

karbuff
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by karbuff on Jun 27, 13 7:48 AM
I don't normally post in the forums but had the strangest thing happen this morning when I purchased the game. When I clicked to Install the game after the purchase, got the standard Microsoft prompt telling me the file could be harmful and asking if I want to "run", "save" or "cancel". I hit "run" as I do every time this prompt comes up, only this time - nothing happened. I clicked on it several times, still nothing happened. Finally, I clicked the arrow next to the save button, dropping down the menu and selected "save and run". Finally, the Game Manager opened and the game began to download. It was extremely strange and I just wanted to share it as it appears that other people have had strange things happen with this game. I have never had this happen before.

As some other people stated, I also had strange things happen with yesterday's game. Every now and then, I would see a fast message on the screen saying something about my firewall and then the game would go to black screen and minimize to the taskbar. As soon as I clicked on the Icon, it reopened were it was with the game paused and I was able to play the complete game with nothing else going on other than this - but another strange occurrence with a game.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jun 27, 13 8:38 AM
karbuff wrote:I don't normally post in the forums but had the strangest thing happen this morning when I purchased the game. When I clicked to Install the game after the purchase, got the standard Microsoft prompt telling me the file could be harmful and asking if I want to "run", "save" or "cancel". I hit "run" as I do every time this prompt comes up, only this time - nothing happened. I clicked on it several times, still nothing happened. Finally, I clicked the arrow next to the save button, dropping down the menu and selected "save and run". Finally, the Game Manager opened and the game began to download. It was extremely strange and I just wanted to share it as it appears that other people have had strange things happen with this game. I have never had this happen before.

As some other people stated, I also had strange things happen with yesterday's game. Every now and then, I would see a fast message on the screen saying something about my firewall and then the game would go to black screen and minimize to the taskbar. As soon as I clicked on the Icon, it reopened were it was with the game paused and I was able to play the complete game with nothing else going on other than this - but another strange occurrence with a game.

I am positive this is a big fish issue (run issue), as I had the same thing happen to me last night when I was downloading an older game to demo. It would not let me run, had to save the file. So, it's either a big fish problem or the options pop up has a glitch, not sure which.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 27, 13 8:45 AM
Heya guys,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are experiencing problems with the game .

gem28 - Welcome to the Pond! It sounds like you are being asked for a security key for the game. We see this message mostly when some changes have been made to your computer, like a hard disk exchange or a reinstall of Windows. Every so often it also pops when you get a brand new game. Our Tech Support Team will be able to provide that key for you if you send them the Hardware Fingerprint and anything that is mentioned in the name field of the message that you see!

kris_cross48 - Even though it is the main icon that disappeared, it could be that your Game Manager is experiencing some problems. Just to make sure that all is well it might help here to uninstall and reinstall your Game Manager to see if that helps to download and install the game!

bgnam8r - It sounds like some of the files for your game aren't working as they should seeing that you can't access the mailbox. In these cases we found that uninstalling and reinstalling the game often solves the problem as it will give all your game files a fresh start.

uvujog10 and gem28- From what you describe it could be that the save file for your game has been damaged and is not keeping your game from working as it should. As these files most of the time don't get removed with a reinstall it might be necessary to remove it manually before you can play the game again. As you have already contacted our Tech Support Team (thanks for that!), they'll be happy to help you out to get your game up and running again!

pjs22763 - Welcome to the Pond! The error 766 usually appears when there is a problem with the security certificate that is needed to install the game. You can find some helpful tips on how to get this solved here.

karbuff and BossBrat - How very odd! It does sound like your firewall is having some problems with our games, which could be the reason for the difficult install and the errors you saw with yesterday's game. You can always try the steps here to make sure that your Game Manager has all permissions it needs to run and install our games.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 8:48:06 AM PST

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on Jun 27, 13 2:44 PM
i'm not sure if this is actually a tech issue but I finished the game and bonus game and lack 2 pieces of the puzzle. The insutructions say I can "replay the game just to find the other 2 pieces but when I clicked "play" again, it started me all over. When I went back to the bonus screen, it shows that I still have 43 out of 45 puzzle pieces so I didn't "loose them." Does anyone know how to go back into the game to collect the puzzle pieces only?

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jun 27, 13 3:11 PM
I installed the demo and it says that my trial expired before I even played it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it won't let me uninstall because it says it's already running and it isn't. Error code 346

EDIT: Closing and reopening the game manager gave me back the demo time, but the game still won't load. Gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling next.

EDIT: Still won't let me uninstall. What next?

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 3:20:28 PM PST

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Jun 27, 13 4:43 PM
I installed the demo and all was fine. Then for no reason before I started to play it came up "trial version expired" This is a new one - has any one experienced this?

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jun 27, 13 7:36 PM
takes a long time to load.blank screen for a long time.than after about 5 mins or so game will start.

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Jun 27, 13 10:30 PM
I downloaded the trial verison and it told me that my time have expired.I had not played the game at all. the game looks good so I would like to try it before I buy it Thank you gram

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jun 27, 13 11:14 PM
Ok, I rebooted the PC and was able to uninstall/reinstall. After reinstalling,the game worked perfectly.

uvujog10
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by uvujog10 on Jun 28, 13 2:04 AM
Before sending a Dr Felix report, I uninstalled the game again and then went into my files and found that there were still some files showing so I manually deleted the relevant files in my User/App Data/Local/Temp file, I then reinstalled the game (demo) and it worked perfectly. This may be of help to other gamers experiencing similar problems, s please try this before sending Dr Felix Report and hopefully it will work for you too. Good luck

Go to: