[Post New]by RickF on Jun 27, 13 2:47 PM
has anyone been able to finish all the levels with three stars

kbuginnc
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:are some of the levels even possible

[Post New]by kbuginnc on Jun 28, 13 9:16 AM
I have all but 2 finished with 3 stars. I am finding it difficult to complete level 22 of Operation Crusader. The planes are impossible!!

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Jul 4, 13 5:11 AM
That's is one of the three I can not get three stars in also level 23 of Operation Crusader and level 24 of Stalingrad

[Post New]by fluffycloud42 on Jul 4, 13 9:07 PM
On casual mode, I've gotten all 3 stars *except* levels 22 and 23 of operation crusader, because I can't get the Czech Hedgehogs to do anything on those levels.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 5, 13 2:37 PM
By accident I figured out how to beat some of the harder levels even though I may not have placed my defense correctly. I hit the pause button statically and it slows down the incoming, but the defense is still able to put out all the bullets, etc. It was what got me through the the first toy defense. I love this game, strategy, strategy!!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jul 6, 13 2:30 PM
I've gotten 3 stars on all levels on casual. Not at all sure I even want to try the harder levels!!! Can't imagine what level 22 will be if its harder!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jul 12, 13 2:06 PM
I've got 3 stars on all levels on casual. I can confirm that hard difficulty is MUCH harder. A lot of planning will be needed for some of the most difficult levels. For now I'm going through the Stalingrad campaign working intuitively, and only mission 11 so far out of 16 not at 3 stars. I made 2 stars on mission 11. It looks like I may return to some of the missions I didn't get 3 stars on if I make it to Defender and use better troops.

whoople
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by whoople on Aug 1, 13 1:51 AM
There are solutions posted on YouTube if you are interested. Just search for the Operation name and level and they will come right up. For many of the harder levels the trick is quality, not quantity - less is more. Place your men strategically, keep them to a minimum and do the upgrades as quickly as possible. It seems counter-intuitive, but it made all the difference on Crusade level 22. Went from impossible to relatively simple. The video player started out with just two infantry and got them beefed up right away to turn their targets to hedgehogs. I added a few twists to make it a little more interesting, but it looked like the video player finished the level with only five towers (I only watched the first three waves to get the basic strategy).

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Aug 7, 13 3:16 AM
I know about the videos, but I prefer to find my own solutions without looking at them. Few games provide the level of challenge that this one does at times. I'll admire the game designers elegant solutions only after I complete the levels my way.

Sometimes the designers stray a bit beyond the pale, when they disable some of the units on a mission without letting you know to make it tougher, such as with the infamous Operation Crusader mission 22 where the Czech Hedgehogs with Barbed wire don't work except in one fairly useless spot. But I found my own solution and posted a video to prove it -- it's nothing like the game designers one which uses the Transforming Ammunition infantry early on, and I had to use heroes from the other two campaigns, but for me it's the personal challenge that's important.

Sometimes a mission on hard difficulty has seemed impossible, but that just means more careful planning, making use of the special abilities of different units, is required. I find it helpful to make a note of the amount of cash I can earn on a wave after controlling it with the fewest units and upgrades I can. That gives me an idea of the leeway I have between waves and limits the number and type of upgrades I can afford.

A few missions are particularly difficult because when you place all your units close together for combined fire, some fire at the “wrong” enemy (like artillery firing at infantry) and let an enemy they could have destroyed get through. So you have to be creative and spread out your heroes enough to force them to fire at the correct enemies, without separating them so much that they become useless.

So far this game has been even more of a challenge than the original, so kudos to the designers. I also like the flexibility of design so that I can find radically different solutions for even the most difficult missions than they perhaps intended.

I'll provide a review of the game when I finish it, but I still have four Overlord missions to do. Mission 15 seems particularly devious. Grrr.

Finally finished and did it My Way! Uploaded Overlord 15 hard 3 stars annotated video walkthrough to you-tube.

Edited on 08/09/2013 at 2:25:56 AM PST

[Post New]by donnarmorse on Aug 2, 14 8:53 AM
You can restart a level within a level by going to the menu and exiting the game. As soon as you exit, hit play again it will take you to the beginning of the level you closed. That gives you a chance to try new combinations without having to go back to level 1 each time. This is the only way I got through some of the levels with gold.

Go to: