bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Reveries: Sisterly Love

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Reveries: Sisterly Love ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Reveries: Sisterly Love page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reveries: Sisterly Love

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 13 12:39 AM
If you are interested in reading what folks thought of the CE version of this game, just click here!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 28, 13 12:40 AM
Where Dreams Come True

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

Dreams come true in this MAGICAL FANTASY TALE about the LOVE OF SISTERS. You are fatally ill when your sister is offered the chance to save you at the price of her youth and her soul. She does not hesitate, and is dragged off to ANOTHER WORLD by the witch who made the offer. Now well, you follow in the hopes of RESCUING her.

The netherworld is NOT the DARK HORRIFYING realm you normally expect, but a DREAM WORLD of UNBELIEVABLE BEAUTY, where ANYTHING is possible, and ROMANCE is as real as the SPRINGTIME that surrounds you. Of course, not all is as it should be, because there’s the witch to be dealt with, but you are immediately charmed by it all.

The GRAPHICS are indeed MAGICAL, clear, colourful, vibrant. The IMAGES created by the artists take your breath away. The AMBIENT SOUNDS are of songbirds and waterfalls. Nor does the IMAGINATIVE input stop there. The MUSIC is varied, definitely NOT the usual fare offered by ERS, and really ENJOYABLE. And a little musical DIVERSION from the norm I'll let you discover for yourself.

VOICEOVERS are a MIXED bag. The WITCH is sooo annoyingly CHILDISH, I can’t tell whether it’s deliberate or just bad acting. Certainly increases your dislike!

This game has a number of INTERESTING, UNIQUE, QUAINT & yes, SOMETIMES unbearably CUTE, CHARACTERS. You do not have a single constant COMPANION, but plenty of helpers along the way. And the enemy and her MINIONS are well done too.

The GAMEPLAY is involves a number of different HO STYLES, including: INTERACTIVE LISTS, MULTIPLES, PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTES, STANDARD SILHOUETTES and ‘find PAIRS that work together’. You visit them each twice, but that’s cool, they’re well worth a second look.

The PUZZLES are very ORIGINALLY & BEAUTIFULLY designed, and while there are some STANDARDS there are also NEW ones and twists on others. The ADVENTURE SIDE of the game is pretty STRAIGHTFORWARD, and there is an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP that indicates areas that are COMPLETE as well as those that are ACTIVE, and HINT is DIRECTIONAL.

There are many EXTRAS available with the COLLECTOR’S EDITION, but the BEST are AVAILABLE in the SE version TOO.

There are COLLECTIBLE fortune nuts, for which there is an OPTIONAL purpose near the END of the game if you collect them all.

AND you get to CHOOSE THE ENDING. I love games that do that!

I highly recommend this game!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 28, 13 12:44 AM
Afternoon, Baikal, and everyone...

I bought the CE when it came out but only played it much later, so I didn't go into the technical details this time when writing a review.

Anyway, I liked this game. I love creatures, cute or otherwise, and which often don't exist in the real world, in my games.

I loved the graphics, and the voice-over. And that charming prince I came across...

There are also achievements, and the Map, which I found in my Diary, can be used to jump. It also shows where I am done in a scene, so I don't have to run forth and back around places, wondering if there is anything left for me to do. So that's a plus.

Finding and reading the fortune (cookies) is a nice extra. And there is this Amulet, which will allow me to overcome certain obstacles.

The only thing I found slightly disappointing was that the HINT ballerina at the right, and the MENU buttons at the left were so far into the game's scene. It would have been better if the Hint button had been a little smaller, and the other items put next to the amulet (further left).

But apart from that, I enjoyed this game. Oh... and I LOVED the first HOS (find 2 objects that go together). Nicely done.

I also very much enjoyed playing the bonus game, which was quite long - compared to the usual 30-45 minutes I get.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 28, 13 3:41 AM
Valdy, I thought the hint button, because the ballerina rotates when filled, was not only too large but also quite distracting.

The first two HOS are actually the same scene with the same objective - finding pairs of objects that go together.

This game is really cute, just not my style. A lot of fishies will love it, though, so give it a try.

Edited on 06/28/2013 at 4:19:47 AM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 28, 13 4:23 AM
Played the CE. Loved it in its entirety!

Have marked this as a game to definitely play again after it fades from memory.

Highly recommend it.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 28, 13 12:52 PM
Valdy has said it all, as usual, and quite well. I demoed the CE version and didn't feel that it was CE worthy, so didn't buy it. I already have the others in the series and liked them.

Graphics are nice, really like the voice overs, game play good, nice jump map, locking inventory is good. Didn't care for the unnecessarily huge ballerina hint. Hint system worked well and filled fairly quickly. Guess I will have to start the game over to see what the fortune cookies are all about..didn't run across anything (maybe only in the CE version). Anyway, I did enjoy it enough to get the SE game to see where it is going (pretty self-explanatory really).

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 29, 13 5:35 AM
We are loving this game . we got it and have been playing all day , now we cant wait to get back into the game. we give this game a 5 out of 5 . can not find a better game than this one.--
The graphics are GREAT - just the way we like them. the game is fun and interesting. -----doug & lisa-------------

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jun 29, 13 12:00 PM

I am SO, SO, SO tired of witch games. Enough already!

It's not that witches offend me, its just that there are simply WAY TOO MANY witch-themed games already.

--- Not for me,
--- but as always,
--- try and see.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jun 30, 13 1:42 PM
Such a lovely game!!!! This by far was one of the best from ERS!!!! I loved the added touch in the graphics! I so much enjoyed this one I wish I would have bought the CE instead just so I could continue on to the bonus chapter!!!!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 1, 13 7:30 AM
FANTASTIC GAME!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 2, 13 4:17 AM
After completing this version I can safely say that this is a nice enough game but for those who read the reviews above please note that there are no fortune nuts available to collect or any extras in the SE version.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Sep 10, 13 5:16 PM
Great game! The graphics, storyline and music are well done.

There are two "must-haves" that have to be in a game before I give it a top rating.....the first one is a helpful hint button....the second one is an ending that ties up the story. This game has both of these two "must-haves" so I'm definitely giving it 5 stars.

Another plus is that it has an interactive map that allows you to jump from scene to scene. Nice...

The bonus is that at the end of the game you get to make a "choice." I made a choice, of course, and am curious to see what would happen if I had made the other choice. So....needless to say....I am replaying the game.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 26, 13 9:02 PM
What a surprise I think I regret not getting the CE as I enjoyed it so much

This one is just right in fantasy, music, magic,bright colors and fine graphics, voice overs - transporter map and directional hints I guess I can say pure bunny rabbit and I'm rarely disappointed with their games
Even though this is a SE it well deserves a full out of 5

When I select my games I usually but not always read the reviews and there are several Fishies that seem to like what I like so I'm fortunate to get a lot of really good games!

Valdy, Just The Facts and lisablue4369 are just 3 of the really good reviewers and I thank them....there are many more that I've come to trust and I wish I could write better reviews

Go to: