bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - Mac Version Updates

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 3, 09 4:08 PM
Just wanted to give our Mac users an update on the progress that has been made on the Mac version of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™. The Studios team expects that the Mac version will be ready for QA testing sometime in this month. Once this version goes through testing, we should be able to determine how much more work the development team needs to put in on the game before it is released. A moderator will keep this discussion thread updated with any other information as soon as it comes in to us. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 2:30:47 PM PST

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - Mac Version Updates

[Post New]by moravecm on Mar 6, 09 7:08 AM
Thanks! We're looking forward to it!

[Post New]by profiteroles on Mar 7, 09 3:18 PM
I'm waiting with bated breath! MCF got me hooked on hidden object games and as far as I'm concerned, they're still the best on the market.

Myssty50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Myssty50 on Mar 7, 09 7:01 PM
whoopie!! am so excited, been waiting patiently... well maybe not so patiently.. lol

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 10, 09 10:13 AM
I received an update from the head of our Studios team today. It appears that they are making good progress on the Mac version of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™. Preliminary testing on the game shows that it's performing well and that we are still on track for full QA testing in our offices later this month. We'll let you know when we hear more!

[Post New]by harryp1 on Mar 13, 09 10:46 AM
maybe someone can help me. i solved all the puzzles in the begining and i get the moon and the sun puzzle solve it and the stairs come down but when i go in it doesnt take me anywhere it takes me to the exit. and i cant figure out why. i even got the stratey guide i did everything it told me to do and it still happened. plus i cant figure out how to get anything from the well.
someone please help me.

[Post New]by bgbrobru on Mar 14, 09 8:42 AM
do you guys need any help testing? Maybe a beta version we can lose our minds over ? hurry hurry. my laptop is waiting to burn another hole in my leg.

[Post New]by mizhaze9 on Mar 18, 09 8:14 PM
YEA!!! FINALLY!!!!!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Mar 18, 09 8:20 PM
I'm glad all you MAC users will finally get to play RTR. Then you can grind your teeth like all the PC users!

[Post New]by TheFabMissJ on Mar 20, 09 2:06 AM
bgbrobru wrote:do you guys need any help testing? Maybe a beta version we can lose our minds over ? hurry hurry. my laptop is waiting to burn another hole in my leg.

HAHAHAHA! That is too funny! And too true..

[Post New]by lyoung50 on Mar 21, 09 8:22 PM
I was anxiously waiting for the Mac version of RR, and I finally got desperate enough to buy it for my husband's old, poky PC. The game is frustrating enough without having to cope with the idiosyncrasies of his old Dell. As slow as this is going, I won't have the game solved by the time the other version comes out and I can play it on my Macs!

Please hurry!

[Post New]by Blue_Willow on Mar 22, 09 4:39 PM
Am I the only one who absolutely hates these stupid puzzles between rooms? I even went so far as to get the strategy guide, only to discover that I have to shut down the game every time I need to refer to the guide. There's got to be an easier way! Any suggestions or insights?

owulissie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by owulissie on Mar 22, 09 10:47 PM
blue willow instead of shutting the game down, pause it and go to the option and select the not full screen option (sorry the actual word escapes me at the moment) that way you can have the game open in a small window instead of fulll screen, then you can read the guide and see the game, also its easy to make the game back to full size and then un-pause it.

and I'm really anxiously awaiting this game for mac!!! its definitely taken way to long, but I appreciate that bigfish is actually attempting to keep us mac user's updated.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 23, 09 11:47 AM
Just another update for you all. The development team for the Mac version of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ have run into a few snags. But don't worry! They are still on track for getting the game over to the QA team for testing by the end of this month. If all goes well, they may even be able to get the game into QA in just a few days. During the testing process, they will be making a list of bugs and issues that need to be ironed out before the game is ready to go. Hopefully, that list will be short! I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear more.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 24, 09 10:41 AM
I've just learned that the Mac version of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ is now in the hands of our talented QA team! Our QA testers will be working hard to uncover any hidden bugs or glitches in the game so that you get the same excellent product that you expect from Big Fish Games. As I've reported before, once the QA team is finished, we'll have a better idea of when we will be able to deliver this to you. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear anything else!

c8h10n4o2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by c8h10n4o2 on Mar 24, 09 2:40 PM
Thanks for the updates! I'm all atwitter that it might be out soon!

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Mar 24, 09 3:01 PM
BUMP

[Post New]by djohnsonnj on Mar 25, 09 11:37 AM
harryp1 wrote:maybe someone can help me. i solved all the puzzles in the begining and i get the moon and the sun puzzle solve it and the stairs come down but when i go in it doesnt take me anywhere it takes me to the exit. and i cant figure out why. i even got the stratey guide i did everything it told me to do and it still happened. plus i cant figure out how to get anything from the well.
someone please help me.

Where is the moon?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 25, 09 2:12 PM
djohnsonnj wrote:
harryp1 wrote:maybe someone can help me. i solved all the puzzles in the begining and i get the moon and the sun puzzle solve it and the stairs come down but when i go in it doesnt take me anywhere it takes me to the exit. and i cant figure out why. i even got the stratey guide i did everything it told me to do and it still happened. plus i cant figure out how to get anything from the well.
someone please help me.

Where is the moon?

Hi Djohnson! Welcome to the forums!

The moon is on the statue of Rose in the garden. You will need to give her a rose. The rose can be found in a hanging basket on the porch. You will need the shears from under the sink in the kitchen and the gloves from inside the stove.

Hope this helps!

PrplDva

mindless23
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mindless23 on Mar 25, 09 6:25 PM
The last few posts in here have been related to specific puzzle information. Please post these questions in some other forum - this one is for Mac users to keep apprised as to when our version of the game will be out. We have not even gotten a chance to play yet. Please, please, don't give us info on puzzle solving before we get to try for ourselves! Thanks!

Go to: