bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 29, 13 12:29 AM
A great myth has enduring power no matter where the story comes from. In this first game in the exciting new Myths of the World series, your story begins as a Chinese healer who's brought to the Imperial City to save the Emperor's son. But you uncover a devious plot and end up having to save yourself!

Throughout the game, you'll use your herbal kit to concoct powerful potions to summon spirits and heal the people you meet. There are also collectible cranes hidden everywhere, and achievements to earn as you play.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Play the bonus game to track down Master Lei once and for all
Use the integrated Strategy Guide
Play three bonus hidden-object puzzles
Replay hidden-object puzzles and mini-games from the game
Download images from the game

Edited on 06/29/2013 at 2:47:49 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 29, 13 9:13 AM
A really, really nice game. Runs smooth as silk. The graphics are clear, crisp and are stunning to look at especially in HD. The mini games so far were fun. I would prefer less hos but the ones in this game are not junkpiley and are doable. This game grabbed me from the beginning and I was totally engrossed when the demo ran out. The orient is one of the places I have never been, and this is probably the closest I will ever get. LOL. I will get the CE.

Edited on 06/29/2013 at 9:36:19 AM PST

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Jun 29, 13 9:42 AM
mhatfie wrote:A really, really nice game. Runs smooth as silk. The graphics are clear, crisp and are stunning to look at especially in HD. The mini games so far were fun. I would prefer less hos but the ones in this game are not junkpiley and are doable. This game grabbed me from the beginning and I was totally engrossed when the demo ran out. The orient is one of the places I have never been, and this is probably the closest I will ever get. LOL. I will get the CE.

Same here!

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Jun 29, 13 2:55 PM
I just wanted to add if I could. The making of video is the worst I have ever seen from the dev. Mostly is a group of people eating at a Chinese restaurant and they get the main idea for the game from several different fortune cookies. Most of the cookies they got had one word each. It mostly spelled out " Make Myths of the world: Chinese healer collectors edition" Its not really a behind the scenes thing. To me its more of an insult to the gamers for believing thats what really happened.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 29, 13 10:15 PM
This reminds me of another game I played some time ago. It also involved a sick kid, set in China, but rather than a healer, I think the player was a sort of special detective. Dang! I can't remember the name of it, now. But it was a very beautiful game, and the trailer of this one reminded me of it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 29, 13 10:19 PM
phatkhat wrote:This reminds me of another game I played some time ago. It also involved a sick kid, set in China, but rather than a healer, I think the player was a sort of special detective. Dang! I can't remember the name of it, now. But it was a very beautiful game, and the trailer of this one reminded me of it.

That's what I said in my review. I had this feeling of deja vu when I played the demo.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jun 30, 13 12:06 AM
The deja vu is Judge Dee: The City God Case from 1st of Nov. 2012.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 30, 13 12:32 AM
Thank you, Lilac. For a moment when I played the demo of "Myths of the World", I wasn't sure whether I had played it before, a long long time ago.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 30, 13 5:57 AM
I think the only comparison to Judge Dee is that both games were set in China. As far as the rest there is no comparison. Myths is a far superior game. Just my humble opinion.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 30, 13 6:39 AM
I bought this game and enjoyed playing every minute of it. This is a beautiful game the way it was made and I even enjoyed the HOs. well BF I give you a 10 out of 10 for this one,

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 30, 13 3:44 PM
Thank you Lilac! I looked at my games library, and I don't have Judge Dee, so I guess I didn't buy it. But I remember that I liked the settings and art. Maybe it was too HOS heavy.

This is a good game, for sure. I guess I'll buy it to fill my PC, especially with the sale. I really, really like this Dev... I have all their games as CEs, and consider them one of the top game makers. Far and away better than bunnies and pachyderms, IMHO.

I don't like this one as much as Calavera, but it's still a good one.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 5, 13 11:51 PM
Loved, loved, loved this game. The music was repetitive but I only turned it down not off. Story line, graphics everything was so enjoyable and am so glad I got the CE during 4th of July sale The "CE Fluff" was worth the CE price and I played it on middle difficulty

It is such a nice change to have a different atmosphere and I just really liked it....Would like to see many more Myths games

Very happy to give this one out of 5 even with the long load times

Go to: