bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DIKIDI on Jun 29, 13 10:10 PM
When I played the demo of this game, it downloaded and played perfectly, so I bought it. After downloading the full version it will not play at all--I just get an error message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling three time and it still happens. I am on a PC using Windows 8. Is there anything I can do besides asking for my money back?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 30, 13 2:11 AM
Heya DIKIDI,

It sounds like the save file has been damaged during the activation of the game and is now blocking it from starting up properly. This happens sometimes when you activate a game after playing the demo. As the progress for our games is often saved in a separated folder, it doesn't get removed when you uninstall and reinstall your game; in these cases it is necessary to remove the file manually.

As the location of the safe file varies I would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team so they can help you get this sorted. they'll definitely be happy to be by your side!

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left. If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by amwhise on Jun 30, 13 6:06 PM
The demo version worked without any problems. I then purchased the full version & now after downloading & removing it, I downloaded it again. Both times I got/get the following message:

"This program requires a security key. If you have one, select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key, you will not be prompted again."

I have never received this before. I am using a pc.

Any help would be appreciated.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 3:09 AM
Heya amwhise, welcome to the Forums!

While a security key message mostly appears when some major changes have been made to your computer, like a new hard disk or a reinstall of Windows, we have seen these messages appearing on new games too every now and then.

Our Tech Support Team will be happy to provide you with the key you need to play the game if you get bin touch with them and let them know the Hardware Fingerprint and any content that is in the Name field as well as the title of the game.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left. If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

felinefi
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by felinefi on Jul 1, 13 5:17 PM
When I was in the middle of the game I paused it. When I returned to the game I got the message:
The profile save data is corrupted and has been deleted. Please start a new game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 3:10 AM
Hi felinefi,

It sounds like your game did not save your progress for you after playing. That can happen if the game does not close correctly which can damages the save file.

Unfortunately, there is no way of retrieving that save data I'm afraid, so you will have to play on with a new profile.

Just to make sure that the game will save your progress this time, I would encourage you to play your game until you make a little progress, then exit the game and re-open to check if your progress is saved. This way you can feel confident that your game will save for you!

If you still have trouble saving, I would suggest having a look at the following help article for some tips on how to remedy this:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by GamerGranny1 on Jul 2, 13 6:49 PM
The demo version worked well for me as well, so I decided to purchase the game and now its taking over 35 minutes, so far, to activate the game! There is obviously a problem with the activation/download of the game! I've never had a problem before... nor have I made any updates to my computer in the last 35+ minutes to cause this issue! Please help or refund my 2 credits for the Collector's Edition! Thank you!

felinefi
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by felinefi on Jul 2, 13 9:37 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi felinefi,

It sounds like your game did not save your progress for you after playing. That can happen if the game does not close correctly which can damages the save file.

Unfortunately, there is no way of retrieving that save data I'm afraid, so you will have to play on with a new profile.

Just to make sure that the game will save your progress this time, I would encourage you to play your game until you make a little progress, then exit the game and re-open to check if your progress is saved. This way you can feel confident that your game will save for you!

If you still have trouble saving, I would suggest having a look at the following help article for some tips on how to remedy this:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=266">Game Not Saving</a>

If the problems persist however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

A new profile did the trick. Thanks!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 4, 13 4:31 AM
GamerGranny1 - that doesn't sound very nice!

If you are still having problem with it, it may be the case that something is interfering with that download, if you would like to make some adjustments to ensure this is not the case, the following help article will help you to do that:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the issue persists and you feel like you need some more help though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you to ensure you can play and enjoy your game.

felinefi - you're a

I really appreciate you doing that and I am so pleased it worked, hoping you enjoy the rest of your game now!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by goddess_b on Jul 7, 13 6:09 PM
My problem is a little different: I did not try the trial run, but purchased the game outright (forgetting to apply the coupon code for the 4th of July sale--darn), but was impressed with the reviews. I bought it, and began to install it. I, too, was surprised at how long it took to download. I don't have high speed Internet, so I am used to waiting 1-1 1/2 hrs. It took over 2 hours. It finally finished downloading, and moved to Validate. It spun happily along for a while, then just stopped. I waited 10 minutes or so, but the downloading icon never moved. When I clicked on the icon, I got the notice saying "Big Games Manager not responding". Fine. I checked my Programs and Features section--no it did not finish downloading, so there was nothing to Uninstall. So I went back to my Purchase History--yes, it showed that I had purchased it. So let's start over. Install---Download---Validating. And like the last time, stopped partway through that last process. I am loath to try and waste 2 more hours to try and download. Cannot Uninstall something which never Installed in the first place, which also means that I cannot start over with a new Profile, since I didn't have an "old" one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because I am interested in the game, and really don't want to go back and try to get my money back. Thank you ahead of time. (Edited by adding the following several hours later):
Never mind the above. I guess waiting 15-20 minutes for the Validating process just wasn't long enough. As went to close Game Manager after playing another game, I noticed that the Install prompt was up next to the game on my Active list. It took several minutes to finish installing, but it did, and my game is now ready to play. I thank you for any kind thoughts you may have had while reading the first part of this mini-novel. I now return you to your regular game-playing world! lol

Edited on 07/07/2013 at 9:31:40 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 9, 13 8:11 AM
Heya goddess_b, welcome to the Forums.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues that you are experiencing with the installation.

In this case it sounds like your Game Manager might be having some problems and it could help to simply uninstall and reinstall it with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Blue Dragon Room

[Post New]by debbieomi on Jul 12, 13 6:05 PM
After completing the first area and turning the prince to stone, I went to the next area and played through to placing the bricks. Then closed out the game, next time I went in to it I was unable to return to the earlier location. The Ivory Tower room also will not let us leave or exit it meaning we have to use the map to get and leave it. Please help, there were no error messages or corrupted messages for the save file.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 13, 13 3:37 AM
Hi debbieomi,

I am not too sure why your game is not operating as it should but I think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best thing to do in this instance. This will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

The good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 3:37:54 AM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jul 14, 13 9:33 AM
Hi
I'm stuck at the cavern ceiling. When I try to retrieve the handle at the well - the scene just freezes! I have run a Dr Felix, uninstalled the game, emptied trash, updated my software, reinstalled game and still same problem. It plays well till this scene and then FREEZE.

I'm in touch with the technical team and hope to resolve it. Meanwhile if anyone in the forum (strange that I could not find a forum for this when I did a search, and only got i through a google search!) has a remedy. It's a great game.

I'm using a Mac Air BTW. OSX 10.8.4
Thanks

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jul 19, 13 11:01 AM
hello???? anyone else facing this problem?

[Post New]by saralestes on Jan 25, 14 12:48 PM
The game works fine so far, but after I have played it, I have to re-boot my computer 3 times or more for the startup to work correctly. I have two "Gadgets" on my desktop (Windows 7) that I use frequently and they seem to disappear after I have played the game. They start coming back, one at a time, when I boot and then re-boot twice more. Is there a fix for this?

[Post New]by MikeBeachBum on Jun 24, 14 10:05 PM
There is very little more frustrating than playing your recent iOS offerings. You have made the (terrible IMHO) choice to have a separate application for the strategy guide. At it's absolute best it serves as a deterrence to using the SG. It makes the transition from playing the game to getting help a jarring inconvenient experience actually worse than just opening an online walkthrough. And for the average game/strategy guide non-integration it makes one want to delete the game and give up. Please please please play test the strategy guide return to game!!! It's unbelievable that this makes it through any sort of rudimentary testing. You see, by far most of these new iOS games, when one wants to read a part of the guide, after the laborious loading of a separate app one is then faced with completely restarting the game as if it were being loaded from scratch. Instead of being returned to where we were in the game, we are treated to a commercial break consisting of the BFG blue logo, followed by the developer logo, followed by any number of service announcements and finally the option to "Play". This is equivalent in Windows to having to reboot the machine after glimpsing the strategy guide, watching the RAM test, Starting Windows promise, then entering name and password. To add insult to injury, you are not then started where you were, in the middle of a puzzle, for example. No you are started some steps back, like the game us recovering from a catastrophic shutdown and loading the last auto saved position. I am not the first, not the only, and undoubtedly not the last to tell you, BFG, to please fix this.

Jb924
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Jb924 on Jun 26, 14 5:18 PM
The game returned me to the first map and I can't change it back.

Go to: