legoddess
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

losing accumulated energy

[Post New]by legoddess on Jun 29, 13 12:40 PM
When a level is complete and the energy and diamonds replenish, it doesn't credit the energy you had left. I have lost a few hundred energy when this happens and it takes so long to recharge. Is there a trick to this ????

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

Re:losing accumulated energy

[Post New]by bayouguy on Jun 29, 13 1:05 PM
The only trick is to keep a careful eye on your energy level. For instance, if you only have a small amount of experience to make up before the next level DO NOT use a honey pot. I usually stopped when I was a couple thousand experience points short of the next level.

Other than that there is nothing to do about it. That I know of.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jun 29, 13 7:33 PM
As other fishies have mentioned, there is a quest for "Failed Explorations" you can deliberatley fail a quest, burning up the remaining energy and it will go toward that failed quest.

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Jun 30, 13 6:18 PM
Like all the rest, not liking losing diamonds, things I have earned. I leveled up and got 5 diamonds. Will I lose these at midnight or sooner? If so, how is one to get the points for higher exploration, etc. The energy is so slow and this is causing me to get easily defeated. I am on level 37. All the tips are helping I just can't remember everything all the time...LOL. I do want to know this, and I want a way to get or build the energy faster. I liked the idea of the game and was "hooked", but I would have rathered paid for the game if it would have helped make it a better game. I get the idea of buying the stuff, etc. But I want to know I would be buying something worthwhile. I enjoy certain areas, ideas immensely, but so many of the objects are just fillers unless I am missing something. I do like the new box thingy. I would be wandering and working to find something and it has shown up oddly in the box. Please tell me this is the case of the clay tablets? I see I am making progress-had them alot, but it says 0/30? I see nothing about them anywhere except they are givin, bartered, etc. Purpose? LOL.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 2, 13 1:08 PM
SandyFish55 wrote:As other fishies have mentioned, there is a quest for "Failed Explorations" you can deliberatley fail a quest, burning up the remaining energy and it will go toward that failed quest.

I don't understand how this helps . . . you have to have the correct number of energy points to open the location, all of which would be lost is you fail to complete the location.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jul 2, 13 3:01 PM
judy1689 wrote:
SandyFish55 wrote:As other fishies have mentioned, there is a quest for "Failed Explorations" you can deliberatley fail a quest, burning up the remaining energy and it will go toward that failed quest.

I don't understand how this helps . . . you have to have the correct number of energy points to open the location, all of which would be lost is you fail to complete the location.

~judy1689, First off I can't remembrer what the award for the failed exploration is off hand, I think it is a silver chest...ok, that said
If for instance you have quite a bit of energy, and you notice you will be leveling up within the next exploration or so, and when you level up that remaining energy won't count for anything because you will be getting a completly full energy when leveling up. So, you use the energy you have to fail a location, counts toward the achievement and doesn't really "cost" you any energy points. hth

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 2, 13 4:18 PM
SandyFish55 wrote:
judy1689 wrote:

~judy1689, First off I can't remembrer what the award for the failed exploration is off hand, I think it is a silver chest...ok, that said
If for instance you have quite a bit of energy, and you notice you will be leveling up within the next exploration or so, and when you level up that remaining energy won't count for anything because you will be getting a completly full energy when leveling up. So, you use the energy you have to fail a location, counts toward the achievement and doesn't really "cost" you any energy points. hth

. . . I see what you're saying, but usually you do get awarded energy points and other items . . . you'll lose those right?

The airplane location, for example, uses the lowest amount of energy points but will sometimes award very hard to get, but useful items like scissors and gift boxes . . . which I'm always needing to complete collections . . . what you're awarded for a failed location seems less valueable to me when I need to get them.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jul 2, 13 4:28 PM
. . . I see what you're saying, but usually you do get awarded energy points and other items . . . you'll lose those right?

The airplane location, for example, uses the lowest amount of energy points but will sometimes award very hard to get, but useful items like scissors and gift boxes . . . which I'm always needing to complete collections . . . what you're awarded for a failed location seems less valueable to me when I need to get them.
\

I understand what you are saying completly. I've only collected it one time because the game was glitching a few months back, and it locked me out of the location a few times (couldn't click on anything) so when I already had a few failed to my credit, I went ahead and did the remaining, to get the 5 needed. like we were talking about just to get the quest. Also, some players are very commited to getting all the acomplishments in a game. Just another facet to the game...to each thier own!

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jul 2, 13 4:31 PM
...forgot to add...Yes, you get nothing,nada~ziltch for failing a location. Just the points toward the failed achievement ... and the removal of the energy points

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 2, 13 7:07 PM
I only have 2 failed locations . . . one happened due to a phone call which diverted my attention . . . and the other one was when someone stopped by, again distracting me from the game . . .

. . . it's entirely possible that will happen again . . . lol . . .

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jul 2, 13 7:20 PM
~judy1689..omg...you have a life beyond "Found"?...lol too funny! you go girl, with your outside life, you might complete the achievement yet!

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 3, 13 5:57 AM
SandyFish55 wrote:~judy1689..omg...you have a life beyond "Found"?...lol too funny! you go girl, with your outside life, you might complete the achievement yet!

LOL . . . I've been playing this since it started, I think . . . if I REALLY had a life beyond BFG . . . I'd probably have maxed out the achievement by now . . .

Go to: