No Earnings When Not IN Play?

[Post New]by silvercircle1933 on Jun 29, 13 5:52 PM
Maybe it's just me, and maybe my game is glitchy, but it sure seems like no matter what I add to my estate, I don't get the so many silver per hour, or juju per hour or anything else, including some summoning times that have taken longer than they should, unless I am actually IN game. As soon as I flip to another app, even if just long enough to check an email, it seems to stop all the clocks. Is this the way the game is supposed to be? So you literally have to be logged in for HOURS in order to get the silver/juju from the items you PAID for to earn you those things? That seems like a overly obvious way of saying pay up or get lost. Not overly impressed by the tactic.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

Re:No Earnings When Not IN Play?

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 2:38 PM
Hello silvercircle1933!

I am interested in the answer too, and in the absence of an answer, plan to test it out.

Tonight* I will make a note of my stats and leave the iPad and the game on - but iPad will go into energy saving mode - and I will see what I have in the morning.

Then I should do tests (1) with it minimised, and after that, (2) logged out.

We shall see ...

*That would be some time soon, it being already >22:30 in the UK.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 1, 13 3:15 AM
Well, not sure I need to do all those tests...

Left iPad2 on overnight in game, iPad locks itself after an interval, and I only earned 1 round of walkers' fees, gypsy silver, Tesla rewards etc...

So clearly you have to be on and "live" and periodically checking/collecting your cash and ecto.

Actually as this is a free-to-play game, BFG won't earn any money unless there is some incentive for players to buy gold - for example if they get too impatient to wait to earn cash themselves or for objects to summon.

If all you had to do was leave it overnight and look again in the morning, I don't suppose anyone would ever buy gold.

This is the first free-to-play I have seriously attempted. Do other similar games allow you to earn when you're not actually in game?

I noticed too that whenever I unlock the iPad screen or switch back to Dark Manor from another app, Game Centre says "Welcome back PlayerXYZ" so it looks to me maybe like that's just how GC works and not necessarily BFG's doing.

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 3:43:58 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 4:03 AM
Heya guys,

Having played my share of Free to Play games in the past, it is a common system for these games to not give you the rewards automatically while you are not playing the game.

The same is true for dark Manor. While you do "earn" the coins after, lets say, 30 minutes, you will only get them when you go and pick them up. If you leave the game alone for a few hours you will only be able to pick up the coins that you earned in the first 30 minutes seeing that the game doesn't pick them up automatically.

This is one of the mechanics to encourage players to check their game often and interact with it .

Hope that helps a little!

bfgBiwa

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 1, 13 4:14 AM
Yes, thank-you bfgBiwa, that makes total sense

Go to: