bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Rush for Gold: Alaska technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any Rush for Gold: Alaska technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 1, 13 1:22 AM
It doesn't work for me, and I tried playing it twice on a PC running Windows Vista with Google Chrome as a browser. Both times I got sound but no visuals.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 3:00 AM
Heya Rhysdux,

Since you get the sound for the game but no visuals, it could be that some of the graphic software on your computer could do with a bit of updating before it can process the game. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Jul 1, 13 4:05 AM
If this is any help. I had no problems with this game. I'm also using Windows Vista but the browser is I.E.9

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jul 1, 13 7:35 AM
I'm old fashioned and using XP Home and Fire Fox browser 22 with no problems.

michlynr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by michlynr on Jul 1, 13 9:25 PM
I cant get the game to play. It just flashes a black screen a couple time then nothing. The icon stays on my taskbar at the bottom and wont let me close out of the game and if I open task manager it doesn't show there to shut it down but it stays on the taskbar like its running. I have HP, windows 7

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 3:08 AM
Hi michlynr,

When a game just flashes open and then closes instantly, this is an indication that the game and computer and not communicating with one another as they need to.

To combat this, you could try updating some of the components that help run your game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Rollina on Jul 2, 13 11:27 AM
I've dowloaded the trial version, and it tell me "trial expired".... I have no memory to have never played this game...
how could it be?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 2, 13 11:40 AM
Hello Rollina,

Welcome to the Pond!

I definitely want you to have the chance to try out this game.

Often when the trial shows up as expired like that, the simplest solution is to uninstall and reinstall that right away. For more details about doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If that's still showing up as expired, I would recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix, so one of our Reps can do more specialized troubleshooting to help figure out what's going on. To reach them, just click on the on the right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Jul 4, 13 10:59 AM
I have bought this game .. but I am now unable to close it .. unless I use ye-olde ctl-alt-del .. what am I missing? The only choice I get is to change my name!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 4, 13 11:21 AM
Hey le01,

I took a look at the game, and the exit option is definitely easy to overlook.

If you click on the 'Menu' button, the 'Exit' option is on the right-hand side of your screen along the bottom. It's next to the 'Play' button.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Jul 4, 13 11:32 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hey le01,

I took a look at the game, and the exit option is definitely easy to overlook.

If you click on the 'Menu' button, the 'Exit' option is on the right-hand side of your screen along the bottom. It's next to the 'Play' button.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

It does not work is all instances . and does it save my game?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 5, 13 4:55 AM
Hi le01,

I am sorry that exit option is not responding for you when you need it.

When a function of a game is not operating as it should, the best thing to do is to try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as this should help improve matters. The help article here will guide you through this.

Finally, just to add that this game should save your progress as you move along. If you would like to try a few tips that will help to ensure your game is saving, please click here!

That being said, if you feel like you need more help with this, please do reach out to our Tech Support Team as they will be able to some more offer specific advice.

Hoping this information is helpful,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by jmsheean on Aug 6, 13 10:04 PM
Hi, I have purchased this game and it opens and loads fine, the problem is that the bottom of the game screen is about 2cm above the bottom of my actual screen, and the top of the game is off screen completely.

I can't access the options menu either as the mouse jumps off game screen before then. I can only exit the game using Ctrl+Alt+Del or selecting close window on the taskbar.

I'm using Windows 7 with Chrome browser. I am using an emachine but this hasn't caused any issues for any other games so I doubt that's the problem

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 8, 13 6:22 AM
Heya jmsheean, welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like your computer is having some problems to process and display the game properly. This can sometimes happen when some of the software on your computer is in need of an update. You can find some easy steps on how to make sure that everything is up-to-date here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by shabow on Jan 23, 14 1:21 PM
Hi,
I have not seen any other posts about an issue I am having. I can not get past level 20, because it will not let me buy wood. When I click on the sawmill, it does nothing. I believe this to be a glitch, even though I see no other posts about this.

thanks
shabow

joyciered
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by joyciered on Apr 10, 14 1:44 AM
Had no trouble whatsoever In the trial version. Loved it, played till time ran out. Bought it with a game club credit and the thing won't load at all. Uninstalled and tried reinstalling and it still won't load. Get a black screen and then it flashes back to the Game Manager. Not happy. Don't tell me its my computer cause it wouldn't have played the trial version for the full hour if that was the case.

Go to: