bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Rush for Gold: Alaska

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Rush for Gold: Alaska? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Rush for Gold: Alaska page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rush for Gold: Alaska

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 1, 13 1:11 AM
Afternoon, all...

Now here is a TM game that is FUN !!

You can play in timed or untimed mode.

You have a choice of custom or system cursor.

There is widescreen, but it doesn't work for me - the only downside.

The colours and graphics are beautiful.

Animation is lovely to look at.

The beginning of this game is different from any other TM game I have played - such fun - and I hope to see similar tasks as the one I got right at the start.

If you play in untimed mode, you will always get 3 stars. You may hear a "ping" twice - I am assuming that is the sound you get when you play in timed mode.
The first "ping" is for when you reached 2 gold stars, and the second one when you reached 1 gold star.
However, no matter how long you take in untimed mode, you will always get 3 gold stars.

And those gold stars are important. With them, you can refurbish the town, i.e. plant bushes and trees, etc.

This is a really fun and interesting game. "You", the girl, will be doing certain tasks, like shooing away wolves, and looking for places to dig for gold.

You can click ahead, and the workers don't have to go back to their hut first, but go straight to the next task.

Also, the workers are not taking the food and wood they collect back to the hut. You just hover your cursor over the items and they are automatically added to your stash.

This is an excellent game, and everything, IMO, has been done right and done it the way a TM/Strategy game should be. Too bad that their programming didn't include widescreen for all.

This is definitely a buy for me.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 2:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jul 1, 13 7:33 AM
This really is a great game, the only thing is the timer, again. Why so much to do and so little time? That's life I supposed, never enough hours in the day - LOL Even though it is hard to get the 3 stars I will still buy as it is so different and fun to play.

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Jul 1, 13 7:45 AM
nivlem007
Forget about time! Just go to "Options" and choose "Relaxed mode" - you'll always get 3 stars after finishing a level. Pure fun!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jul 1, 13 8:02 AM
LOVE IT! I love the timer and the challenge and it's hillarious when they run from the wolf. A nice surprise for Monday. Thanks!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 1, 13 8:22 AM
I'm just getting started with TM games, so I'm glad to find another one that I can play without a timer. I played the demo for 60 minutes and enjoyed it greatly. I'll be getting it with a coupon, and after I get the hang of how everything works I'll give playing with the timer a whirl. The graphics are delightful.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 1, 13 8:33 AM
After many yrs and hundreds of HO games, I have discovered these TM (relaxed mode) games and I am hooked! Love the ones that have more than just building. After seeing Valdy's review this morning, I knew BF had a winner for sure this time. This one is colorful, great graphics, and just plain fun, for me in relaxed mode. I find myself laughing out loud at times. And for me, big screen! What a treat for these old eyes. Can't wait to get back to it. Do try it and have fun! (Thanks Valdy)

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jul 1, 13 8:59 AM
This is just a preliminary review based on the demo.

I was looking forward to this game's release since it was announced here and saw the 10 minute Let's play video on Youtube. They tried something different and I'm glad for it - the Gold Rush theme is rarely used.

However, the timer is pretty unforgiving. Leave your workers idle for just two seconds and you can kiss your 3 stars bye bye, and that starts from level 3. However, chickening out by using the relaxed mode is just no option for me. Usually you know what you've done wrong, and you have to click a little faster. So I can guarantee that it will be a 5 bar game for me in difficulty - a refreshing change over the usual "very easy mini games" offerings as of late. For "older fingers" I can only recommend the relaxed mode though.

The "match the luggage" introductory Hidden Object scene was a refreshing change - I hope that more of those levels are sprinklered into the game.

Overall I cannot judge length of game or the difficulty of levels beyond 5, but it seems like a great game. I will buy it with my next bulk buy.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 1, 13 11:30 AM
Isn't it fantastic when a developer listens and then delivers exactly what you want in a game .

I very nearly didn't bother downloading this game because of the word 'Rush' in the title but, after seeing the screenshots and noting that there were 3 sections to the timer, I decided to try it.

The very first thing you see is the fact that you can chain tasks (providing that you have enough resources to be able to complete the task that is) and I thought 'ooh! this looks like it could be a game for me' and my face looked like this --> . When I saw the option for Advanced or Relaxed Modes my mouth stretched and looked like this --> .

The graphics are good, and so is the storyline because the devs obviously know that the majority of people that will be interested in playing this game are females and so there is a heroine who chases the wolves off and feeds the bears etc while the scaredy cat male workers squeal and run for home at the sight of one. Good job they don't have guns or they would probably shoot themselves in the foot while p**ing in their pants .

I like being able to buy decorations for the town and would like to suggest that any future games of this sort has more than one choice in order to make you want to keep replaying it.

Devs ... Thanks for a fun game that can be played by everyone

Cherb

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jul 1, 13 1:26 PM
Victor_nick wrote:nivlem007
Forget about time! Just go to "Options" and choose "Relaxed mode" - you'll always get 3 stars after finishing a level. Pure fun!

Can't help being competitive must get 3 stars in all games against the timer. But I am still enjoying it. Thank you.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jul 1, 13 2:18 PM
Dar's gold in dem dar hills ! (choir singing) HALLELUJAH ! Woo Hoo and Holy Catfish what an awesome game I'm loving this one. It's brought to us by the same great dev's that gave us Garden Rescue. I can't say enough good things about this builder it's absolutely flawless !

It has some eye popping eye candy graphics, cute music, cute characters a great story and this dev. made sure everybody could have fun with this one. Not only do you have the option of playing with or without the timer they made it so if you play without the timer you still get your 3 stars how cool is that kudos to you dev's for doing that ! With this one you get to rebuild a town and decorate it with the stars you collect when you complete the levels.

I've been waiting for this one for a long time I played the beta and instantly loved it and I've been waiting very impatiently ever since for it to arrive. Out of all the builders I've played and that's about every one of them because these are my all time favorite games this one I have to say is the best so far and it's because the dev's took the time to make sure everybody could enjoy it and have fun. I think that's so cool of them to do that. I'm one that plays with the timer and let me tell you this one is a challenge but so fun.

The characters are adorable and will have you laughing especially when the wolf or bandit's get after them they take off running and screaming it's a hoot. There are lots of buildings to build lots of resources to gather and of course as you go you get bonuses such as running faster, working faster, and even extra supplies. This one has just about everything you could want in a builder. The graphics are gorgeous so bright and colorful and just so pleasant to look at. Now dev's how long before we get a sequel because this one is simply AWESOME in every way ! Give the demo a try it's so worth it. Thank you dev's for a AWESOME ROCKING game and thank you Big Fish for giving me another excuse to skip out on my domestic goddess duties. Have fun everybody !

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 1, 13 3:00 PM
"The graphics are good, and so is the storyline because the devs obviously know that the majority of people that will be interested in playing this game are females and so there is a heroine who chases the wolves off and feeds the bears etc while the scaredy cat male workers squeal and run for home at the sight of one. Good job they don't have guns or they would probably shoot themselves in the foot while p**ing in their pants ."Written by cherubtoo.

Oh my gosh Cherubtoo, I laughed so hard when I read this. You are hilarious. You are right, it is a GREAT game, love being able to click ahead, and I am one who loves the timer and this one gives a great challenge!
I love the graphics! absolutely great detail and the little yeehaw kick dance when you win is too funny!

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 3:01:33 PM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jul 1, 13 5:36 PM
FINALLY a fun game that hasn't choked on me (but the day isn't over yet!). Great graphics, fun story and an untimed mode! Yay!!!!

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Jul 1, 13 10:27 PM
[b] This game is not only fun but the workers are adorable! They move so freely and I really get a kick out of them. I did not finish my hour of free play because I purchased it!
Building the town is a plus.
The game play is not too difficult and I highly recommend it!
Its lots of fun.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jul 2, 13 5:31 AM
I am sucker to TMG with great graphics, good storyline, cutesy characters, and ya, the ever present familiar buildings like sawmill, farm, Gold mine, ( during the 1hr I have not come across stone yet, but I suspect its there in the full version)

LOVE IT, get it with free stamps or cheat, buy it when BFG offers at half price, which shld be around Dec Christmas Sales

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Jul 2, 13 9:05 AM
I did the beta test for this game and it was fun, the test flew right by and I wanted to play more. I mostly play hidden object games, but this is one time management I would buy. There is an untimed mode you can play in, and for those who want a challenge, can play the timed. The graphics were just as good as some of the impressive hidden object games I own, and the story is cute. It's the type of game I would play to relax and enjoy down time.

cassey74
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cassey74 on Jul 2, 13 10:55 PM
I don't normally play this sort of game but I'm so glad that I did, I loved it! its so much fun! It's a buy for me

[Post New]by BuddhaBuddy on Jul 11, 13 1:10 PM
I also must get 3 stars, and it just doesn't seem possible in this game. Within the first 5 boards you have to get EVERYTHING absolutely PERFECT in order to get 3 stars. That means you cannot chain actions at all, because the time lost by having your miner or fisher leave his post to go do something else, and have some other random worker come and take his place, will make you loose. You must have the same worker doing the mining or fishing all the time, and you can't "click ahead" if someone is already working on a resource.

If I have a punch about to expire on a Monday I might get this, but it is just too frustrating for this timer fan to pay full price.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 13, 13 5:54 PM
Hmm I feel awkward here as I seem to be the only one who did not like it.

It wasnt just that I have yet to get 3 stars on a level - I think I played through roughly 15 levels of the game & did not really perfect any of them. I only even came close a few of those times!

But I dunno... most of the games i have are TM/Strategy but this one just didnt grab me. I felt disinterested. I ended up deleting with 5 minutes remaining in the demo. I wish I could explain what it is thats missing here.

Go to: