PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Level 10

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Jul 1, 13 11:26 AM
I'm playing the relaxed mode. I can't figure a way to even finish level 10!! I need 5 more wood and can't find a way to get it! I've restarted 6 times and still don't see a way to complete this level!! Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something!! Thanks

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Level 10

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 1, 13 11:50 AM
Hi PinkSprinkles,

That's the one with 'Build 2 Gold Mines, Collect 200 Gold, Collect 100 Wood', right? I'm stuck there too (just started this evening). First time, I ran out of food and no chance of any more. Second time, it was the wood, like you.

I think the answer has to lie in between. Don't hire any more employees until it's necesssary, but don't rely on chopping everything down right away and build the first lumber mill.

I'll try that and see if that works and come back to report if it does.

(One thing's for sure - this is not like the other builders).

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Jul 1, 13 12:12 PM
This level ( Build 2 Gold Mines, Collect 200 Gold, Collect 100 Wood ) have 3 lumber mill. How to there is may not be enough wood?

Can you please explain more detail?

Thanks!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 1, 13 12:34 PM
EDITED TO ADD: The below is actually a Level 12 solution, NOT Level 10. I think we are getting ourselves confused because there's no indication in each level of where you're actually at!

Ok, I finally did it! I hope this makes sense.

First off, you need to treat everything here as though you are a pauper and have no money to spare. Don't hire any extra workers until it's absolutely necessary and pull them off the farm or lumber jobs as soon as you have enough for the next step or you'll over-spend without realising and end up with not enough resources later. Take only as much food and lumber as is needed to get you further along the way. You need to keep your farm and first fishing tent active until you get almost to the end over the river.

Take the farm worker off the farm around 35 food and put him in the lumber mill. Have the other worker fish for enough food only to get rid of the bear.

Only build and work the first lumber mill (the other two aren't needed). Hire another worker and build the first mine (but don't upgrade it - again, not necessary).

Put one worker in the mine and get the other to get gold at the first gold diggings - enough to pay the Prospector his 80 Gold.

Build the bridge and the second mine. Assign worker (I think I only hired my fourth here). Build your second fishing tent. You still should have your first tent and the farm with plenty of food. Re-assign a worker to the farm.

Both your Gold Mines will probably close around now. You'll have achieved all but your gold (mine was around 160/200). Bottom right of screen is another Gold Diggins. Build that and obtain your last 40 or so gold.

This got me 3 stars.

I hope it works for you. Good luck.

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 11:31:42 PM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 1, 13 12:43 PM
_Andreww_ wrote:This level ( Build 2 Gold Mines, Collect 200 Gold, Collect 100 Wood ) have 3 lumber mill. How to there is may not be enough wood?

Can you please explain more detail?

Thanks!

Hi _Andreww_ and welcome. This game has a few tricks up its sleeve and that's one of them. 3 lumber mills are definitely not needed.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 1, 13 4:21 PM
Tiger,
There is no fishing tent, I only see a gold tent, a farm and lumber mill on the bottom. Then when you cross the bridge, you have two gold mines to build, another lumber mill and a saw mill.
So do you just build the gold mines and do the lumber mill, which requires no gold. Or put men in the gold mine and do the saw mill?
Just can't figure out which way will work.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jul 1, 13 5:52 PM
Firstly, I am playing this in relaxed mode, so I don't know if my strategy will get you the three stars in timed mode.
But, here is what I did:
Chop trees in front of Boss house and pick berries
Go over the bridge to the left and uncover coal pile
Repair farm and assign a worker
Repair the bridge on the right
Uncover new area for exploration
Repair saw mill and assign worker
Build gold diggings
Add a new worker
Collect the gold and enough wood to
Repair next bridge
Chase away bear
Explore 2 areas left of bridge
Pay prospector
Build first gold mine and assign worker
Buy enough wood to build saw mill
Build second gold mine
Keep buying and milling wood till you get 150 collected
I think that should work
Good luck

This was for level 10 in summer. I hope that is where you are at, Pink Sprinkles

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 5:57:46 PM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 1, 13 11:29 PM
So sorry, everyone. My comment above actually pertains to Level 12.

I have only just seen the 'Select Level' button. I was answering _Andreww_'s post about the 'Build 2 Gold Mines, Collect 200 Gold, Collect 100 Wood' which is actually Level 12, not Level 10.

I think the developer should have made it much clearer 'in game' which level we are actually on.

P.S.: I won't delete my post as it will leave a gap in the conversation, but I'll amend it and post again if someone makes a thread about Level 12. I hope it helps _Andreww_ anyway.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Jul 2, 13 10:33 AM
Thanks everyone!! I finally made it! I am enjoying the fact that even in relaxed mode you need strategy!!

Go to: