Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

Greenhouse and Carnival of Fear

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 4:42 AM
I am saving up for one of these - because they look fun

I see you have the greenhouse and are working on the fairground L_Amour, what did you get with the greenhouse?

ETA Keep calling it Fairground(UK) instead of Carnival (US)

Edited on 07/23/2013 at 4:04:04 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Greenhouse and Fairgrounds

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 5:26 AM
I haven't gotten the greenhouse yet, so I am interested to hear about it!

I do have the fairground and it gives you a large Ferris wheel which is a ornament, so just to let you know, it does not earn you money.

It does look pretty good with the other brighter fairground-like items such as the Spinner and the Mardi Gras float though!

bfgBaikal

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 6:14 AM
Hmmm tricky, I expect it would go well with the circus too....

On the other hand the greenhouse looks seriously dilapidated and creepy... decisions, decisions....

ETA What about that huge head thing, Baikal? Does that vanish when you clear the land?

Edited on 07/02/2013 at 6:16:13 AM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 3:15 PM
The greenhouse gives you an expansion of 8x8. On that expansion is the greenhouse, the size is 5x5. You can't sell the greenhouse, but you can move it to another spot in your yard or put it into your inventory.
After purchase and sumon the greenhouse, you get a bonus chapter: the greenhouse.
You can already see it in your game, if you scroll one screen further to the left when you are in chapter 1. As soon as you have the greenhouse expansion completed, that bonus chapter is unlocked.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 3:18 PM
P.s., I mean an important ps ....
Prizes of normal expansions get larger the more land you have.
The prizes of the 2 special expansions (greenhouse and carnival of fear) are increasing terribly faster then normal expansions do.
So, my advice is: expand to the direction of those 2 as fast as you can, and purchase them as fast as you can!
I found out that pretty late, and payed 520.000 silver for it ...! (Or had to pay 420 gold)

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 3:53 PM
Excellent tip, thank-you.

The price I am being offered at my early developmental stage is 100,000-ish silver - that's still a lot of silver but nonetheless a pretty steep difference, definitely saving towards them right away a no.1 priority!!!

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 2, 13 9:15 PM
When I checked on the prices for both the Greenhouse and Fairgrounds before I purchased either one, the price for each was $107,800. So I purchased the Greenhouse. I then checked on the price of the Fairgrounds, and the price jumped by a factor of 4. The new price for the Fair grounds for me is $445,400. I almost have enough silver saved up to purchase the fairgrounds. Hope to get it in the next several days.

@ Frogmort - As for what you get with the greenhouse - L_Amour is correct. Once you have completed building either the greenhouse or fairgrounds, you unlock the special bonus scenes to the left of chapter 1. There is one for each. So when you finish building the greenhouse, you can unlock the greenhouse bonus scene. Same for the fairgrounds. Hope that helps.

Edited on 07/02/2013 at 9:16:56 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 13 6:05 AM
Getting to those plots early is a good idea - I learned the hard way and I am currently saving for the greenhouse.

Frogmort wrote:Hmmm tricky, I expect it would go well with the circus too....

On the other hand the greenhouse looks seriously dilapidated and creepy... decisions, decisions....

ETA What about that huge head thing, Baikal? Does that vanish when you clear the land?

That is a good point Frogmort! Decisions, decisions! Should I buy the circus? I was saving for the Steampunkeye!

Can I just ask, what huge head thing? Sorry now if I am being stupid but I only have the greenhouse and fairgrounds as 'hidden' plots? (both of which stay after being revealed)

The other heads in the game are enigmas like the maya head and stone face but that is all I can think of?

Please let me know what you mean when you have a chance Frogmort as I am anxious to help (and ensure you don't have something I don't! )

Finally, just to add that as you progress and the prices grow higher, I do find that you earn silver much more quickly so it is not too much of a strain to reach those higher costs, which I am all for!

bfgBaikal

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 3, 13 9:01 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:<snip>Can I just ask, what huge head thing? Sorry now if I am being stupid but I only have the greenhouse and fairgrounds as 'hidden' plots? (both of which stay after being revealed)
<snip>

It seems to be part of the fairground - at least for me at the moment while it is still mostly covered with jungle.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 4, 13 11:59 AM
I'm saving for the greenhouse and fairgrounds too. It will be a while as I spent most of my gold for the steam punk eye. I have less than half what I need for the greenhouse or fairgrounds.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 4, 13 5:02 PM
I will have enough by tomorrow morning I think to start clearance on one of them. So which one???

decisions, decisions....

Anyone have any thoughts?

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 5, 13 12:55 AM
Couldn't wait for suggestions - have gone for Greenhouse!!!

Mainly because my garden at the moment is mostly a cross between a fairground/circus and an industrial site. Thought it might be nice to have something vaguely plant-related.

And yes now the fairground price has gone up to 445,500 - that could take me a while ...

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 5, 13 6:07 AM
@Frogmort - I managed to save up almost $500,000 in just a few days. Like you, I bought the greenhouse first, which made the cost of the fairgrounds go up to $445,400. I am in the process of not only building the fairgrounds, but 2 additional expansions as well. No gold was used. Since I am stuck with a dropping juju level, I can not open another scene. I have been replaying the scene which, for me, pays out the most (current the greenhouse scene). Silver builds up quickly.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 5, 13 10:04 AM
Hi Snoopy_1,

thanks for the tip, I was forgetting I can replay old scenes not just unfinished quests

Game still seriously slow for me most times of day other than first thing in the morning, so that's a bit of a limitation too.... Not loosing my stuff or having my stats go back to 0 at the moment, but right now have been looking at a loading screen to get back from task/quest to manor for 8mins now... 9 mins.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 5, 13 10:13 AM
This is all really great to know. I'm not quite as far as all of you, and have been working towards the fairgrounds (it's a good strategy to do that because I thought it was prettier...right? ). But, after reading this thread, I think I'll move towards the greenhouse instead.

You should all keep posting so I can learn from your experiences.

bfgDeveron

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 5, 13 10:36 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:This is all really great to know. I'm not quite as far as all of you, and have been working towards the fairgrounds (it's a good strategy to do that because I thought it was prettier...right? ). But, after reading this thread, I think I'll move towards the greenhouse instead.

You should all keep posting so I can learn from your experiences.

bfgDeveron
From reading other posts, I have the impression that whichever one you start with, the one you move to next goes up in price

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 5, 13 12:26 PM
Frogmort wrote:From reading other posts, I have the impression that whichever one you start with, the one you move to next goes up in price

I believe Frogmort Is right. You should buy the special expansion that tickles your fancy first. If you buy the fairgrounds first, the price of the greenhouse will go up. Same is true if you reverse it. I do know from other friends who play, it is cheaper to buy these expansions first, before any other expansions.

Edited on 07/05/2013 at 1:45:31 PM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 5, 13 4:41 PM
Yep! Get there as fast as you can.
Not only nice to play snd finish, but also: As soon as you've finished a scene and have to save more juju to open the next one, meantime you can play the bonusscenes (as long as you wish), they high silver and xp rewards.

Edited on 07/05/2013 at 4:42:22 PM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 8, 13 4:35 PM
So-o-o excited!!! Construction on my Greenhouse will be finished tomorrow morning!!!
YAY!!!!

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 8, 13 5:30 PM
Frogmort,
I know how you feel. Mine won't be done until Wednesday. I also have two expansion "fields" bubbling away as I was running out of space to put things. I'm getting the greenhouse first; the fair may have to wait quite a while.

Go to: