underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Just asking...

[Post New]by underwriter on Jul 2, 13 2:19 PM
Well - that was fun - but who is the woman in the game icon? and what game were the screenshots on the download page from? Not a one of them appeared in the game i just played. To make sure it wasn't my memory failure, I just went through the walkthrough - twice - and none of those screenshots were in the walkthrough either, nor was the woman in the icon. The diary, map, and hint button look like those in the game - I though maybe they were in the CE? But the one HOS screenshot is much tighter than any of the actual HOS in the game. Even if they were of a cabinet, they showed it from an angle, not straight on. So were these screenshots from a beta test that was completely redone afterwards? Just asking.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Just asking...

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 2, 13 9:12 PM
Yeah... about that... They should have changed it for the SE. The woman is Audrey's mother and she and all the screenshots are in the bonus game in the CE. And the HOS is pretty close to the way it appears in the bonus game. It is a cabinet or shelves, but even on my widescreen monitor it looked pretty much like the screenshot on the download page.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jul 3, 13 7:58 AM
Thanks, burf90. Good to know, and gracious of you to answer so fast. Interesting that the bonus game seems to look less sophisticated than the standard.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 3, 13 9:11 AM
You're welcome. When I was playing it the bonus game seemed to me to be of the same quality and style as the main game. That HOS, when playing in game, seemed appropriate. So, it might just be that it looks odd when taken out of context.

Go to: