bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Corpatros: The Hidden Village

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Corpatros: The Hidden Village? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Corpatros: The Hidden Village page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Corpatros: The Hidden Village

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Jul 3, 13 12:46 AM
so far I am not impressed with this one. although it looks like it has great potential, I am stuck already as the hunt button is useless al it shows is a map and the only places on the map that have things to do are not accessable to me at this point since I cannot find a paddle for the raft.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 3, 13 1:01 AM
scrollingmama wrote:so far I am not impressed with this one. although it looks like it has great potential, I am stuck already as the hunt button is useless al it shows is a map and the only places on the map that have things to do are not accessable to me at this point since I cannot find a paddle for the raft.

Same here. I've picked up allsorts of things but no paddle. Hint is useless. There is nowhere else to go so it looks as if this is another 'no buy'.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 3, 13 1:22 AM
Afternoon, all...

There are 2 gameplay modes: Casual and Expert.

There is full screen, but not widescreen.

There is just the one custom cursor.

There is only 1 slider for music, background sounds, and voice-over. So if you, like me, never listen to the music, you will have to listen to it in this game if you want to hear the background sounds and the voices.

There is a "3D Effect" button. When clicked, you get a weird 3D effect. I declicked it after a couple of minutes.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are partly interactive. But because the cursor doesn't change when going over a hot spot, you have to find those by yourself by clicking around.

The HINT button only works in the HOS. Well, I am assuming it does. When a HOS came along, the Hint button was charging, and charging, and charging. And by the time I was done with the HOS, the Hint button at long last was charged. And this was in Casual mode, not Expert mode.

The Hint button does not work on the main scenes, except that when you click on it, the Map comes up, which shows you where you are, where HOS are, and other things. It can't be used to jump to different locations, and can be found inside your Diary, which is at the left.

Several items are wrongly named. I already have a Hammer and Chisel in my inventory, which is called "Hoe". The pincers I have in my inventory is called "Clip".

And although the female voice of the main character sounded North American, the wording was sometimes not quite right.

I haven't played long enough to come across a puzzle, so I can't comment on it. Like others, I was stuck at the river, with a boat but no paddle, and nowhere else to go.

--- --- ---

When I saw the screenshots, I had no intention of even trying this game, but I did, and here I am, deleting it again.

The graphics are of old school, as are the (non) choices you have in the Option section. This is another retro game that seems to have been hidden in the attic for eons, only to be discovered recently, and then was slightly polished (voice and map), so that BigFish can hand it over to us.

This is a no-buy for me, but others may like it enough to want to play it.

[Post New]by ozzielozza on Jul 3, 13 1:42 AM
I read reviews before I decide to even try a game. But, this time, I have to speak up. Non-interactive map, just symbols. Hint button charges slowly. I felt sea sick moving around a scene. In casual mode, no sparkles, just a lot of clicking which did not make sense when I used the hint button to find out what I had to do. "Dose" instead of "does not". Do the items in the hidden object scene have to be found in order, because some are highlighted, and others not? I agree with previous people - not a game for me. To other people - enjoy. I'll wait for the next game.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jul 3, 13 2:30 AM
This is the first time in a long while that I've felt the desire to post a review...other Fishies do it so much better But I can't get over the weird H.O's , the dreadfully frustrating ( non ) hint button & the map which is the only thing that serves as a hint system. Quite frankly, the old fashioned feel of this game leaves me cold.

Then to cap it all, when I finally cross the bridge...SPOILER

I'm asked to dip an arrow in snake venom to kill a gorilla no no no!

I guess if you like banging your head against a brick wall, then this will be the perfect game! As for me, it's delete & wait for tomorrows game.

Sorry B.F.G. this was definitely not one of your most enticing offerings ( IMHO )

Jenny

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 3, 13 2:35 AM
Took A While To Find Any Good Points..

BASED ON DEMO

I was desperately trying to think of something POSITIVE to say and failing miserably, when I shifted to WINDOWED MODE. GRAPHICS were PATCHY. There were some scenes where it was OKAY. Others it was so appalling you couldn’t make out what you were seeing. With the smaller screen, I couldn’t see the BAD GRAPHICS, and the game was EASIER to play.

It is still NOT a good game.

The intro VOICEOVER was okay, a bit overwrought, and less than perfect English, but clear and understandable. The CARTOON INTRO was okay too, but went on for too long and became boring. The STORY has been done a thousand times before. Your FATHER was an archaeologist who disappeared 20 years ago, and you suddenly get a letter from him. So off you go to the wild of somewhere South American to find him. The village he sent you to is deserted, no sign of Dad or anyone else – alive anyway.

You have the option of 3D EFFECT, which was fun briefly. On a better game, I’d have enjoyed this more.

HO SCENES were TRICKY INTERACTIVE. By which I mean, you had to find out the hard way that some items required extra steps. No INDICATION given in the LIST. The list was in fact PICTURES of items, surrounded by a BLUE OUTLINE (which was weird to look at but a GOOD IDEA, because it allowed you to see the items clearly against a grainy background. HINT was SLOW.

Outside HOS, HINT was useless, it referred you to a MAP, that was far from helpful. It showed where you were, where there were ITEMS still to be collected, and whether there are HOS or MINI-GAMES to do there. No JUMP feature of course.

The MUSIC was seriously ANNOYING, and I usually like music. The SOUND MADE when you did something unproductive and got a black bar comment was REALLY annoying. And you got that A HECK OF A LOT, because the game was NOT doing enough hand holding.

For the EXPERTS, if they could suffer the LOW PRODUCTION values on this game, there might be some merit in it. It is MOSTLY HOS (I did 5 in 30 minutes, 15 of which was spent trying to guess stuff to do), BUT the ADVENTURE play takes some REAL THOUGHT. And much as I found the game TOTALLY UNDOABLE, when I found the answers at the FORUMS, they made sense. I just was NOT IMAGINATIVE, PERSISTENT & PERCEPTIVE enough.

So maybe there’s an audience (experts on laptops bored to tears with easy HOGS?) but it certainly won’t be the vast majority of us.

I can't recommend this game

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Jul 3, 13 3:08 AM
With this many negative reviews, I'm not even trying the demo...and it looked so promising.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jul 3, 13 3:46 AM
My frist thought was finally a good Se game.But after so many negative comments,i didn't even bother to demo.Please BF we're do some good SE game's and not from CE games.I love all my Ce game's i have,but i like alot are losing coupons or just buying junk to keep from losing them,know this could be removed but had to voice,oh well there is the 4th ,hope for good special.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 3, 13 4:01 AM
I'm usually very lenient on games...but this game is a real stinker! Smells like a pig's sty to me. So old and out dated in graphics and animation. You can hardly make out any objects or scenes. I don't like to listen to the music...and to only offer one button for all sound...just doesn't work for me.

Give the game a try for yourself. But for me...the only way I would purchase this game is...if I was loosing my punch card...and I was desperate for a game. I'm sorry to the developers ...but we have to be honest for you to get better...and improve the quality of games.

Please offer better SE than this. We spend alot of money on CE's and we need more quality SE's. Please!

No: Widescreen
Yes: Voiceovers
Yes: Map: No Jumping
Yes: Journal
Sound: Music/Voice/Effects: All in One
Cartoon Style and Old Fashion and Really OUT DATED!
Theme: Missing Person as usual...Nothing new.

I rate this game: “TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot. LOL
‘ ‘
(o)

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jul 3, 13 5:49 AM
Horrible game; couldn't finish trial. Too out-dated, clunky, ugly and irritating.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Jul 3, 13 6:18 AM
All I will say about this game is

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING

It is the worst game I have ever played. No direction what-so-ever, there might as well be no hint button as it is useless.

I dont play with the music on any game, but I like some ambient sounds, but you cant turn the music of without turning all sound off.

This is a no buy for me. Not worth it even if is was free.

feebee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by feebee on Jul 3, 13 8:08 AM
I gave this game the benifit of the doubt, I always read the reviews and sometimes games like this turn out to be not so bad, my thinking no hints, not sure where to go etc, I have a couple free game coupons so i did buy it...not the best of games, spare couple of hours, so played it from start to finish andi must confess this game has the most stupid ending EVER ! you dont need a walk through.. you dont really need the hints what this game needs is for the people who made this game to do a better job

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jul 3, 13 8:18 AM
A full and comprehensive review follows-
rubbish.
Review ends.

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on Jul 3, 13 8:25 AM
Just hate that game! The hint button does nothing but refers to the map. I don't like this game at all!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jul 3, 13 8:42 AM
When I read the reviews, I thought, OMG this is going to be a bad game. And although I don't really believe it's a 'bad' game, it certainly isn't a good one. And was already stated, the hint button does nothing but show you where you are and with tiny pictures, shows if there is an HOS, a pop up or an item to find, which is depicted as a red present.

The music gets annoying after a while and although you can seem to get through the hut scene and the treehouse, finding an oar to get across the river is a monstrous trial. Can't find it anywhere nor do I know how to get ride of the two headed snake. There are clues to that but not exactly sure how it works and no more hints are forthcoming to figure it all out. Frustrating to say the least.

If the hints worked a bit better in helping one along, this might be an ok game. But without it, I am stuck. So it's a no buy for me as well.

Sorry BF. Some of these game are just unplayable. Oh, and the 3-D option only served to make me dizzy. Guess I'll wait for a better offering to use my PCC's on.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 3, 13 9:18 AM
Those games ARE playable !!! They make me remember the good old adventure games... (without HO's...don't like those) ...No hints, no maps, no walkthrough's...I remember being stuck for days sometimes !!! Now we are spoiled and we don't think anymore. A friend of mine has the game, I played it, and I loved it ! The puzzles are great and the person (read a comment here on BF) who played this one in two hours must have skipped everything, because those puzzles, most of the time, are difficult !!! Let's go back to those games, maybe we will learn again to use our brains a bit more as we did years ago !

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Jul 3, 13 9:37 AM
Just want to add another voice to the eloquent reviews already posted

This game is totally useless .

[Post New]by GoddessofPain on Jul 3, 13 9:59 AM
Raska, how did you manage to cross the river?

Go to: