NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

DD - July 4, 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jul 4, 13 6:08 AM
Happy 4th of July to U.S. fishies.

REVIEW BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

For me, this was a surprisingly enjoyable game and well worth $2.99.

There are voice overs throughout, and I found them quite enjoyable. Interaction with the characters was very helpful in progression in the game.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual: No misclick penalty; sparkles for HOS and puzzles; glints for interactive areas; quicker refill on skip and hint buttons.
Expert: Misclick penalty after 5/6 misclicks; sparkles for HOS; slower refill on skip and hint button.

There is a journal. It held the story, and I found it useless.

There is a map. It does not transport. It does not show your current location or objectives. It was also useless, to me.

Collectibles: There are 26 cards to collect, in order to speed up the hint recharge. However, by the end of the game, I had collected 25 cards, and my hint recharge time remained the same. The skip charge button did decrease in time to 45 secs by the last puzzle.

HOS: There are approximately 35 HOS. There are simple interactions in each scene. Most scenes are visited twice. I found the graphics clear and the objects easy to locate, for the most part. I thought that a few scenes were cluttered.

There are 5 Acts (Chapters). Once an Act is completed, you move on to the next.

Hints: The hint button takes approximately 2 mins and 30 secs to refill in Casual mode. It takes approx. 6 mins to fill in Expert mode. The hint button is minimally helpful outside of HOS. However, it is not helpful in directing you to the next location - it simply states "there is nothing to do here".

Puzzles: There are approximately 12 puzzles. Most were simple, and there wasn't much variety.
They can be skipped in 90 secs in Casual mode and 2 mins in Expert mode.

Overall, this was a very entertaining game. The story line was clear and the ending complete. The game flowed very smoothly, and the 3 hours and 30 mins that it took for me to complete in casual mode went by very quickly. There was some "light" adventure, and it was not difficult to figure out the next step. I played the first Act again in expert mode, and all of the items appeared to be the same in the HOS. However, I will replay this game in the future. A good deal at $2.99.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:DD - July 4, 2013

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Jul 4, 13 7:07 AM
I see there is no walkthrough. I usually need a walkthrough. In fact not really usually more like always. Is it easy to know where to go next or should I skip this one?
Thanks!

Answered my own question. I am stuck after the monkey. I got the ticket but need the button. Everywhere I go it says "Nothing to do here". Sorry, no walkthrough, no sale!

Edited on 07/04/2013 at 10:46:12 AM PST

BlazeBlues
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by BlazeBlues on Jul 4, 13 12:16 PM
I actually had planned to return this game, since there are parts that were never finished. I see no update since I bought it. I remember the journal as being incomplete - it refers to things that never get added to it - like a poster. That's the one specific I remember. I know there were a few other things that seemed unfinished. The game played like a beta version. We were promised an update that never came. It has great potential, & I guess enough people were satisfied. I like a game for the entire package - storyline & game play. As I recall, the story was hard to follow due to the gaps in the journal.

So I can't recommend it since they have shown no interest in fixing it.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jul 4, 13 1:19 PM
I have just finished it and didn't encounter any problems. so hoprfully all the glitches have been sorted.

I quite enjoyed it..its and easy one

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 4, 13 2:48 PM
I had to get a refund for this game. I got so totally stuck, and saw in the Game Forum that others got totally stuck farther on. I shouldn't have purchased a game without a walkthrough. If you tend more to Adventure games this might be for you.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jul 5, 13 10:33 AM
Worth $2.99; fairly simple. I got a leetle tired of all the variants on turn-everything-on/off-or-up/down puzzles. The only thing that left me wondering was the piece of paper, found early and entered into the journal, that had a 4-digit code on it. What was up with that?

Go to: