bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 5, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame forum

[Post New]by RedBleu on Jul 7, 13 2:20 PM
I love this series! But, ahem...why do devs insist on chopping off the endings of SE games? I know that what makes CE games so great (and expensive) is that you get a bonus chapter, wallpaper, etc., but it seems like a ripoff. Why can't the bonus chapter instead be a bonus standalone mini-game, like some other devs do? In this way, the players who purchase the SE and the players who purchase the CE get to see the game IN ITS ENTIRETY, but the CE purchasers will get an additional short game for their money. When I buy a game, I am doing so with the expectation of buying the whole game, not just the part devs think I deserve. When I go to the matinee and pay a cheaper ticket price, the theater doesn't just cut the darn movie off in the middle!

I say this because the game had no real ending. Even if this was a set-up for a future House of 1000 Doors game, it ended so abruptly I thought the game had a glitch. If the real ending is, as I suspect, included as the bonus play with the CE, then that is ridiculous and unfair. Another thing, is it so expensive to add achievements to SE games?? Are morphing objects too much to ask for? What honestly would have a been a kicka** games was long and tedious due to the brainless ease of the puzzles, the lack of distraction because there were no achievements to earn, and the lousy conclusion.

[Post New]by tinayoungnot on Aug 3, 13 9:11 PM
The bonus chapter ended like that too. No resolution, it just ends.
Leaves me frustrated. Won't buy any more.

[Post New]by margieleernma on Aug 7, 13 8:01 AM
Got to chess game - unable to move pieces no matter what I do. Yes, I have the layout. New to forums - this could be a new thread but don't know where else to go with my question. Glad I'm near the end but can see how abruptly it ends. Yuk!
Any help with my px?

[Post New]by Jibajaba on Jan 11, 14 3:53 AM
Anyone help please. I'm stuck on the bonus chapter . I'm in the room with the candles on the floor and ghost hanging up. It's the only highlighted option on my map but nothing happens, I have a needle,mask,candle in my inventory when I click hint it just flashes around the ghosts but when I click near them it sends me to a area with the big snake , we're also I can't do anything.

[Post New]by ooosootoo on Jan 25, 14 7:13 AM
Help stuck for weeks on the brick wall in the confessional just can't get the wall to open . Tried every which way ? Can any one help please x

Qnmartin
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Qnmartin on Feb 10, 14 4:57 AM
I'm stuck at the confessional wall too. When I click on the book there's nothing for me to rub the charcoal on. There isn't even a page that looks like the wall. I've already restated the game twice and I really don't want to do it again. Help please

bb50
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by bb50 on Mar 12, 14 6:27 PM
ooosootoo wrote:Help stuck for weeks on the brick wall in the confessional just can't get the wall to open . Tried every which way ? Can any one help please x

bb50
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by bb50 on Mar 12, 14 6:28 PM
the brick wall, nothing works to open it. Glitch maybe? will refund be issued?

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 6:30:17 PM PST

[Post New]by jerrymoose on May 15, 14 2:34 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by jerrymoose on May 15, 14 2:51 PM
jerrymoose wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame players.

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to get my House of 1000 Doors Strategy Guide to work with House of 1000 Doors Serpent Flame. I played for one day before I purchased the guide and realized the game was a bit intense so the guide was needed and I noted that on the options page of the main screen of game program STRATEGY GUIDE is listed, but when I click on the window it loads but only in a window outside the main program. That is not what I expected. I saw a picture that showed the guide on the game page below the Hint button on the bottom right hand side of the screen and I can not figure out how to get it to that location no matter what I do. So HELP PLEASE.......

dmk11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dmk11 on Jun 24, 14 5:32 PM
Well after all this time, I looked at the walkthrough this last time and it says that the beyond objects are only in the collectors game. Well then why did the other two games have them and not this one?

roberta3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

re:brick wall

[Post New]by roberta3 on Jun 29, 14 6:36 AM
You need to rub the piece of coal over the bottom of the next page, You will then see the key to open.

Go to: