TxRox83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by TxRox83 on Jul 5, 13 11:41 AM
Hi there! How do I change my avatar's name?
Loving the game so far!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

Re:Avatar name

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 5, 13 5:08 PM
Just tap on your mansion name in your home screen.
(a-z and 0-9 are usable)

[Post New]by CatG128 on Jul 8, 13 12:33 AM
It will only let me change the manor name and avatar character, but not my name. Am I missing something? Also, how do I get neighbors that are already playing the game? Thank you.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 8, 13 2:47 AM
What other name do you mean, I guess your gamecenter name that's listed in the GC section (social section) of the game? If so, that name you can't change in Dark Manor, neither in any other game. You can change your GC nickname in gamecenter itself (the app). If you don't use a nickname in GC, I think the name of your apple account will show up in the GC section of Dark Manor.
If you play more then 1 game that's listed in gamecenter (the app), I wouldn't recommend to change your nickname into your Dark Manor mansion name, because then that name will be listed in other games too.
I agree, it's confusing. Once you are neighbours, and especially when you get more and more neighbours, it becomes harder and harder to recognize them in the GC section of Dark Manor.
The procedure for how to add new neighours in Dark Manor is posted in the new neighbours thread.

WinoPoet
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by WinoPoet on Jul 8, 13 8:37 AM
Just a thought/tip, I made my manor address similar to my user name so people could recognize me from forums & chat. I've found some neighbors who have done the same, and since they've been helpful or friendly to me I tend to choose them more often when giving gifts. I'm at 1147 Winepoetry Terrace, what's ur address? Which gifts do u prefer? Let's be neighbors!

L Amour, thanks again for the tip on selling the dorada flower for more silver than the silver gift!

Winopoet

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 8, 13 12:18 PM
@WinoPoet: we are already neighbours

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 8, 13 2:40 PM
I just stumbled on this -

If you look in the Options screen (gold cog top right of iPad screen), your identity is shown with your Avatar in a box at top left.

ID seems to be automatic with format DarkManor-number.

So does this mean that we can rename our Manors, but not change our Dark Manor IDs?

btw - I really like WinoPoet's idea that we should have our BFG Nickname in our new Manor House address so that we can more easily recognise each other.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Jul 12, 13 6:57 PM
Just a tip - get a screen shot of the options screen with your game ID on it, or jot it down somewhere. It is not logical or in any way related to your Game Center ID, your manor name, your email address, your real name, or your Facebook name. I needed this number for tech support, to help with a crashing issue, and I couldn't get it, because I was crashing. Catch 22. So, check your ID when you rename your manor, and take a screenshot in case you need it for later !

Go to: