bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 6, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Kukikat
Clownfish
Clownfish
711 Posts

Re:Post any Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kukikat on Jul 6, 13 8:41 AM
This game is taking forever to download. I have not experience that in a long, long time! Worse than cold molasses.... maybe will finish download in 4 more hours!

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Jul 6, 13 10:28 AM
I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I am. The last 3, count em, 3 games i've purchased give me grief once i play the demo and then purchase them. I had to give up on Fierce Tales: Marcus Memory and send in a request for a hardware validation number. So i bought this one, and guess what?? Same need activation code issue. What is up with these games lately? Its only in the last week this started up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jul 6, 13 4:21 PM
In the puppet show building where you talk to the woman who needs new glasses there is a cupboard where you are supposed to collect a diamond and another object. I got the other object but didn't see that I needed to take the diamond. I tried to go back but cannot. Now, I am stuck. Has anyone else had this happen? I am going to start over.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 6, 13 5:20 PM
I played the Demo and then bought the game. I tried to open the game to play again but could not. The Play Again button in the GM did not work either. I own the game and that is clearly shown in the GM and my purchase history. So, I have uninstalled it and am now reinstalling it from my Purchase History. I suspect that I may have to start from the beginning which is always annoying. I have little to do while waiting for the DL. I'll update this as soon as I find out if I can play the game. I don't recall having this problem before. Lots of thunderstorms may have cause a "hiccup" in the DL or installation.

Oddly, the first game installed as well though I did not ask for that (I do own it as well). It runs fine from the beginning which is to be expected as I finished it and uninstalled it. I wonder if there might be some installation error that "confuses" the two games?

UPDATE: The game DL'd remarkably fast which means that it was, of course, still on my hard drive and only needed activation (I guess). It activated and opened where I left off! So, the only mystery here is why the first game downloaded and why I had to uninstall and reinstall to continue playing. Very strange!

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 5:26:56 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 7, 13 3:58 AM
Heya everyone,

Kukikat - The download situation has definitely improved again lately so I'm sorry to hear if you are having issues with this game. if you notice a trend, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can investigate this right away!

moonwitch1- That sure sounds a bit odd seeing that you are being asked for a security key several times. usually these requests are connected to bigger changes on your computer, like a hard disk change or a Windows reinstall. If you continue to experience this, please let our Tech Support Team know. It might also help to give your Game manager an uninstall and reinstall with the steps that you can find here.

wolfrun_cb1 - It sounds like some of your game files are a bit confused. In these cases we found that uninstalling and reinstalling the game often already helps to solve the issue as it gives your whole game a refresh.

bribling - I'm glad to hear everything seems to have worked out! it could be that a part of your game had gotten a bit damaged and uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it. Either way, I hope you're having lots of fun!

If you keep experiencing problems with your game, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Jul 7, 13 7:38 AM
Well, well. After an incredibly long d/l to 85 percent it started the d/l from the beginning.
I have not had this experience in quite some time!
Needless to say, the game is not worth trying to demo if it is going to behave badly

[Post New]by Curioddity on Jul 8, 13 7:39 AM
I am in the school in the HOS where I am supposed to collect the 12 keys but the 12th key is just not there. I tried a hint and was directed to a spot next to the teddy bear in the lower left but nothing is there. The strategy guide shows a key in the same place, but really, nothing is there. Since I wasn't able to find an answer I unloaded and reloaded the game and still no key. I can't even back out to do try something else. This is turning out to be a great disappointment.

Edited on 07/09/2013 at 6:20:58 AM PST

azoch
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by azoch on Jul 8, 13 12:51 PM
anybody have trouble finding the candy in the hog??? found all but cannot
find where candy is hidden...

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 9, 13 7:46 AM
Heya guys,

leacraw - That sure sounds frustrating! Just to make sure that everything is working properly you could make sure that your Game Manager isn't being blocked with the steps here.

Curioddity - Welcome to the Forums. That key sure seems to be hiding well! As it seems that uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help it could also improve the situation to make sure that everything is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

azoch - Unfortuinately I haven't played the game myself so I'm not sure where the candy is hiding. You might find it though by having a look at the build-in strategy guide that you can find by clicking on the button saying Strategy Guide in the lower left below the Menu button.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Larkin1212
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Larkin1212 on Jul 13, 13 3:51 PM
I finished the game and started playing the bonus content. I played for a while then exited. When I came back to play some more of the bonus content the "bonus chapter" selection was gone, crate that had opened was wrapped back in chains. It only lets me back in the regular game. ??? I don't want to have to play it all over again to get to the bonus chapter. What happened? I didn't change player names or anything. HELP.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 14, 13 6:07 AM
Everything gone?? I played the game (which I bought even though I hated the SG) with no problem and had started the bonus game. I was probably 3/4 of the way through that last night when I quit playing. Tried to play this morning and it's like I was never there! No profile, no nothing! I don't want to start over! What gives?? I'm not a happy fishie.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 16, 13 7:02 AM
Heya guys,

Larkin1212 - It could help here to try uninstalling and reinstalling as it could be that these problems are being caused by some of your game files being a bit confused. A fresh install of the game should help it get back on track. The nice thing here is that uninstalling and reinstalling should also not erase your progress as most games save the progress in a separated folder to make sure it isn't lost easily.

jennsmom - Oh now, that is definitely frustrating! . It could be that your security program is deleting the save file of the game a sit doesn't recognize it properly. You might find some steps on how to avoid this in the future in our Game Not Saving help article.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 17, 13 2:36 AM
The game saved just fine for me, every time I exited, except for the last time when I was almost through the bonus. Therefore, I doubt that it would be solved by running as admin., although when I play it again (sometime in the future), I'll try that.

[Post New]by biggbogg35 on Jul 20, 13 11:20 PM
My cutscence lag 4 instance ( coughing) let's see who our visitor is its rose shes come to find her daughter but it s to late her soul is mine leave my daughter alone you monster . Leave my daughter alone you monster stops then plays again it plays stops starts again then she falls down the hole and i dont know what happend in the bonus chapter last cutscence cuz it lags. Please private message me!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jan 20, 14 1:08 AM
Demo on 10.6.8: As in the previous Stray Souls, this game doesn't show the cut scenes (white screen) & there are places where the heads of characters are only blocks of white (pilot in plane, boy with cake). I'd buy this game, but it doesn't work.

[Post New]by Cinesca on Jan 25, 14 7:30 PM
blueskies01 wrote:Demo on 10.6.8: As in the previous Stray Souls, this game doesn't show the cut scenes (white screen) & there are places where the heads of characters are only blocks of white (pilot in plane, boy with cake). I'd buy this game, but it doesn't work.

I have the same problem. Something about the Stray Souls games never work. What is supposed to be the fix?

[Post New]by LinnieK9 on Feb 2, 14 1:39 AM
Hi, I bought the CE edition on sale the other weekend. I playing on an iPad mini retina. There haven't been any observable problems (and the graphics look great), until I get to the greenhouse and start the dwarf puzzle.

While I'm doing the puzzle, I get ejected to the tree. This is my second go-around with the game. When I finished the game the first time, I didn't get credit for solving all the puzzles.

I've just reached the dwarf puzzle on playing a second time and again I'm ejected from the puzzle.

I subsequently bought the iPhone version, and when I reach the greenhouse doors and click, I see the dwarves fleetingly, but am not even offered the puzzle. At the end of the game on an iPod touch 5, I do get credit for completing all the puzzles. What gives?

Also, on both versions, no credit is given for reaching the flooded island.

Thanx, LinnieK9

[Post New]by jenn1812 on May 9, 14 7:36 AM
After completing the game twice, I can't get the flooded island achievement. I received all others. I can't do all bonus levels because it says I need all achievements. Would I not have gone to the island if I completed the game, including bonus chapter?!

Go to: