bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

I'm Playing Again!

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 4, 09 5:15 AM
I have had so much trouble finding things in this game and maybe complained a bit much about it. It is hard for me to see most of the items in the lists. After I finished, I twiddled my thumbs for a day or so. I felt a bit bad about complaining when I actually want to enjoy this game. I like many things about it.

So, I am playing it again. I wanted to see how far I could go with what I had learned from the first time around. I am now in Paris and am having the first bits of trouble but do not yet need a walkthrough or screen shots. I actually found all of those musical notes! I guess I did learn something. I got this far in only about 2 hours of play this time around. The first time it took me at least two, long frustrating days.

The result it that I am enjoying this now as I had hoped to originally. I feel like the "Little Train the Could"

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

Re:I'm Playing Again!

[Post New]by jobynana on Mar 4, 09 5:18 AM
Bribling, I have given this one a rest too! I could see that pin on the back of the chair in the dining car, but it took god knows how many clicks (and hints to confirm it was the pin) to finally get it!

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 4, 09 5:19 AM
Oh I'm so glad for you Bribling, I almost didn't buy it myself thinking it was just another HOG and I wasn't in the mood for one and now I'm SO happy I did. Such great atmosphere and graphics and hard enough to be challenging but still I am pretty sure I'll make it through.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 4, 09 12:36 PM
I think when you play it again, the frustration level is much lower, so you're able to take your time and figure things out.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 9, 09 5:46 PM
I have also started playing again and I am out of hints and need to find the keys in the dark room. Ch 2, Budapest. Any help would be appreciated. I suspect they are in the dark. Found the 2 on the right side

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 9, 09 5:47 PM
I have also started playing again and I am out of hints and need to find the keys in the dark room. Ch 2, Budapest. Any help would be appreciated. I suspect they are in the dark. Found the 2 on the right side

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Mar 9, 09 7:12 PM
There are 2 more keys on the left side - on the pillars I think. The last "key" is not much of a key if you ask me. It's at the front right side, almost to the bottom of your screen. Even using a hint, it took me many clicks. There's probably a picture in the walk thru. I tried to go back to get better details, but it wouldn't let me. So I hope this helps.

708jud
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 708jud on Mar 9, 09 8:34 PM
Sorry can't answer anyone but I have started over several times, I can't get past the tea cup I put the tea bag in but it wants hot water but I try the tea pot and it won't take it. Can anyone help me

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Mar 9, 09 9:32 PM
You have to fill the teapot with water from another scene. I think the water is running in the sink full of dishes. Then you have to put the filled teapot on the hot stove in that same scene. Then go back to the cup with the tea bag, and it will let you fill it.

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Mar 9, 09 9:36 PM
I'm playing a 2nd time also and it is much easier. I have more hints than I can use just by finding the suspects items: a poker chip, a fortune cookie, and a cigar are the ones I have found. So if you're short of chips, try finding these in every scene.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 10, 09 6:20 PM
I am at the Belvedere Gardens are just need the bird. It is nice that when you play this game over we get different items to find. Hope this is the last of the dark areas. Can anyone help? Cant go further and have no hints. Have clicked away and can't find it

Go to: