Escape Rosecliff Island

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

Escape Rosecliff Island

[Post New]by dtouchton on Mar 4, 09 7:57 AM
New HO game at childs toy site. It says exclusive so I don't know if BFG will get it. It is a good game.

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

Re:Escape Rosecliff Island

[Post New]by Divaaa on Mar 4, 09 7:59 AM
Thank's for the ,,, on my way to check it out

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Mar 4, 09 8:04 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I will check it out!! I hope it will only be exclusive for awhile, then will get it later. Anyone tried it?

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Mar 4, 09 8:06 AM
I've tried it. It's the same deal as Mystery P.I. games but it's still fun. The screenshots are pretty cool. I only played the demo. Lilke other mystery p.i. games you want to know how it ends. This is no different. A good relaxing game!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 4, 09 8:08 AM
Demo'ed it - it has the option of relaxed mode AND option of unlimited hints! Good story, lovely graphics - please BFG - tommorrow too soon??!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 4, 09 8:09 AM
We usually get the exclusive games from that particular site after a few months. I don't recall offhand how long they held onto the latest Mystery PI game before we got it, but it seems like it was about 3 months.

I played most of the demo hour yesterday. It's about the same format as the Mystery PI games*. The mystery game that you unlock when you have collected 25 locks is just a boring match-3 game. Some of the scenes are pretty dark, and a few of them all the items to be collected are shades of blue-gray or something. There's one item in each scene that reminds me of Madame Fate. For example, in one scene I had to "send africa home" which ended up noticing a stain that was shaped like a map of the world missing Africa, and finding another stain that looked like africa.

*: So you have options to turn off the timer, to turn on unlimited hints, and if you find all 50 locks you get the unlimited hidden object mode where you can clean out each of the 25 scenes. There's nice word play in the clues, but it's basically a traditional type of hidden object game with standard minigames between the levels. No inventory, no minigames that you need a walkthrough to get past (except the end one most likely). Minigames so far have been match 3, word search, and rotate tiles to match the picture. Odds are there's at least one more jigsaw type minigame.

Edited on 03/04/2009 at 8:14:15 AM PST

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by Divaaa on Mar 4, 09 8:55 AM
love'd this game,,yes just like ,,,P.I & Vegas & New York,,, but very relaxing,, I did find the screen too dark,, but a good game :thumb up:

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Mar 5, 09 6:59 AM
I played this game yesterday also and love it. I agree with Divaaa about it being a little dark but I will still buy it when it comes here.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 5, 09 7:48 AM
I played the demo and enjoyed it a bit more than the PI series. However, it seems short. I was able to get 36 of the 50 locks in my hour. May still buy though....

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 5, 09 7:52 AM
I actually didn't make it through the demo! I found it boring and very unattractive to look at. Not much of a challenge. The min games were pretty staid too. Robinson Crusoe and Serpent have spoiled me!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Mar 5, 09 7:56 AM
Serpent is great! I'm thinking of buying it. But, I still liked Rosecliff Island. I got bored with the P.I. games but this one caught my interest.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Mar 5, 09 8:01 AM
Thanks for the reviews everyone! Can't wait for to get it!

[Post New]by stillred44 on Mar 5, 09 2:22 PM
so big fish does not have this game yet they need to hurry up i really liked playing and what to continue to play but cant find it any where and i already played the free demo on spintop.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 5, 09 2:48 PM
Spintop developed the game. They like to keep their games exclusive for a few months before they let other people sell them.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Mar 5, 09 3:23 PM
I can wait.
No problem

But will certainly put this one on my check it out quick list!!

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Mar 5, 09 6:18 PM
Does anyone know how many levels this game has? I know it says 25 unique scenes, but curious how many levels. I played the hour demo from spintop and got through level 5...saw about 15 of the unique scenes (approximately). Just curious!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 5, 09 6:43 PM
This is the same developer who made the Mystery PI games, and there's a lot of the same type of features. Those games had a LOT of levels (25???), each one having you visit several scenes. You end up revisiting the same scene four or five times I'm sure.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Mar 5, 09 9:47 PM
I like this one more than the PI series. It had some different items to find, and items to put together. I'll purchase this one when it gets to BFG.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Mar 5, 09 9:49 PM
Thanks for the info - something to look forward to.....

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 5, 09 9:55 PM
Downloading it right now. Thanks for mentioning it here.

Go to: