Vease
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Dire Grove Options

[Post New]by Vease on Jul 8, 13 6:40 AM
I am a bit confused by those options at the beginning of MCF: Dire Grove which allow you to change personalities or something. What happens if you change from the default to 'Snarky' or 'Motivational' and why are there no options under the 'Appearance' tab?

Eucritta
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

Re:Dire Grove Options

[Post New]by Eucritta on Jul 8, 13 7:33 AM
These are options for the game's 'voice' or notifications not the player-character. I no longer remember the specifics for MCF: DG's 'voice,' but it works kinda like this:

'There's nothing here,' - neutral
'Nothing here - let's go look somewhere else!' - motivational
'Nope, nada, nothing,' - snarky

If you remember Infocom's text-adventures, it's a similar option to theirs.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jul 8, 13 8:16 AM
I LOVED Dire Grove when I first played it years ago, but now I can't enjoy it because of the sparkles. Is ever going to add a no sparkle hard mode to the options?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 8, 13 8:28 AM
Snarky is by far the best and funniest in my opinion. No one does snarky quite like BFG, especially when it comes time to do some of the 'special' things in the game, like with the rabbit.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 9, 13 10:55 PM
Hespera wrote:Snarky is by far the best and funniest in my opinion. No one does snarky quite like BFG, especially when it comes time to do some of the 'special' things in the game, like with the rabbit.

Couldn't have said it better!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 13 1:01 AM
Another vote for snarky; I like it when games put me in my place!

Now, as this is a Dire Grove related topic, I will pop this over to the Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum so that things stay tidy.

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

Go to: