crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

UNACCEPTABLE

[Post New]by crisgori on Jul 8, 13 9:33 AM
It' absolutely crazy that people who have spent real money, a lot, to buy diamonds and get the highest levels of the game can't play it anymore. BFG and ELEPHANT GAMES shame on you.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

Re:UNACCEPTABLE

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Jul 8, 13 1:11 PM
What do you mean they can't play it anymore?

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jul 8, 13 9:03 PM
I understand how you feel.

I like the game for the most part but the part I don't like, I really don't like.
And you hit that on the nail -- Having to Buy Diamonds. And waiting for 5 days of playing each day to get the 5 free diamonds. Really -- that is just insulting.

But the game designer has to make money. So this is one way to do it.

Now if the game designers had set it up that you can buy a version of the game that allowed you to play it, and not have to buy diamonds or coins. Earning diamonds and coins a bit faster would make the game more enjoyable.

My only other issue can be tracked back again to having to buy coins or diamonds, and that is the energy you have to essentially buy or you leave you computer on focused on the game over night and hope that there isn't some automatic shut off -- and you can then recharge your energy. I haven't tried this yet but personally I think that is just wrong.

So as fun as this game is -- I am going to uninstall it.

Edited on 07/08/2013 at 9:04:58 PM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jul 8, 13 9:58 PM
It's "insulting" to get five diamonds every fifth day?

When this game was introduced, you only got diamonds when you achieved another level. You did not get free stuff from a box every three hours. You did not get diamonds, energy and items from special floaters. Things "cost" more to buy.

I'd say it's only gotten better.

Why should the developers continue spending their considerable time, resources and talent to create a beautiful, engaging and fun game if no one wants to contribute anything towards its development? I don't mind a bit throwing a few bucks into the kitty to encourage future updates, and as it benefits me in the game to do so, that's a bonus. I haven't spent more than I would have on a collector's edition game that only lasts five hours. And I've probably played FOUND for well over 50 hours by now. I'd say that's a good investment.

There is already a "version" that allows you play without spending money on diamonds or coins. It's the one you're already playing.

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jul 8, 13 11:51 PM
I am at level 173. I'm not having new quests, no new locations, no alter-ego floaters, no new achievements.
I think there should be a balance between the reasonable profit for a well-done job and the amusement of the customers, who, at the end, are paying for that job: in my opinion the new updates are just working for the profit of Elephant Games. And that's unfair.

Edited on 07/09/2013 at 2:42:56 AM PST

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Jul 9, 13 9:50 AM
I agree with UNACCEPTABLE. I spent "real" money to buy diamonds for quite some time and could have bought many games instead. This was a fun game, and early releases were improvements.

The more recent releases have had so many negatives that I did not download them and continue to play without them. It does not seem that I am missing anything. Yes, there are apparently new things but nothing that makes me want to forfeit that i have achieve and bought.

Devs should be able to make money for their efforts. When the negatives outweight the positives from a new release, Devs lose their market. The game may be enjoyable, but it is not the only fun game.

Freemium just seems to mean "hook 'em and soak 'em."

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jul 9, 13 10:06 AM
But Found isn't Freemium, there is just one version of this game, is it?
I've always been loving the fairness of BFG, now I'm feeling deceived. What a pity

Edited on 07/09/2013 at 10:08:23 AM PST

journeys_
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by journeys_ on Jul 10, 13 6:33 PM
euphoria wrote:It's "insulting" to get five diamonds every fifth day?

When this game was introduced, you only got diamonds when you achieved another level. You did not get free stuff from a box every three hours. You did not get diamonds, energy and items from special floaters. Things "cost" more to buy.

I'd say it's only gotten better.

Why should the developers continue spending their considerable time, resources and talent to create a beautiful, engaging and fun game if no one wants to contribute anything towards its development? I don't mind a bit throwing a few bucks into the kitty to encourage future updates, and as it benefits me in the game to do so, that's a bonus. I haven't spent more than I would have on a collector's edition game that only lasts five hours. And I've probably played FOUND for well over 50 hours by now. I'd say that's a good investment.

There is already a "version" that allows you play without spending money on diamonds or coins. It's the one you're already playing.

I remember those days...and thanks for pointing out this is better.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 15, 13 9:27 AM
I refuse to pay any money.

OK, it may take me longer but that`s fine with me.

[Post New]by CnZsMA on Jul 15, 13 10:01 AM
bootsie21 wrote:I refuse to pay any money.

OK, it may take me longer but that`s fine with me.

I agree with you bootsie21. I play just for the fun it is teaching me patience.

Go to: