Senior Citizens sign in!!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 21, 18 12:13 PM
Are you not getting responses to your pm's? I sent one to a person who always answers me right away but I have not heard from them so I'm wondering if something is not working right.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 21, 18 12:20 PM
Think several don’t look at at their messages very often and if they don’t put anything in the subject line then the message comes back empty. I usually have a good response percentage but right now I have some “old” friends from early days on the forum who maybe are no longer playing. I was just hoping they might still be floating around keeping an eye on what is happening.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Apr 21, 18 9:04 PM
I read these forums in silence for a very long time, gleaning all the helpful tips and tricks everyone had to offer. Then I found this thread. WOW what a bunch of respectful, kind and generous people. I am just devastated. I have been speechless for several days with the knowledge of BF ending it all. Ten years ago this month I was told my cancer (AML) went into remission. After five years it was called a cure. TTL. On this anniversary of a good thing I find out the forums are going away and I have a new cancer (bladder) to deal with. I don't know what is more depressing. My surgery is scheduled for mid May then probably chemo and radiation. I was actually thinking of getting a tablet so I could keep up with the Senior Citizen thread while in the hospital. I'm gonna miss all of you so very much. PM me if you want my email address and will follow whatever forum is chosen to try to stay in touch.

Miss Beth

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 22, 18 7:10 AM
Missbethann, I am so sorry to hear your news. I will be hoping for the best. This forum has been important to me too.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 22, 18 7:22 AM
Sending good thoughts your way missbethann.

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 7:23:07 AM PST

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Apr 22, 18 7:30 AM
All the best missbethann. My thoughts are with you.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 22, 18 8:32 AM
missbethann my heart goes out to you and wish you all the best for the time ahead. May you find the strength that you will need to get through this and in the future to be strong and well again. Try to be positive and as cheerful as possible we are all thinking of you. A good friend of mine had ovarian cancer over the last year and it was thought to be hopeless but she has done amazingly well and has a new outlook on life now and has got a lot more time because of the treatment she had, hopefully even longer all being well into the future but no one really knows of course, but it's looking ok. Take care and do your best to get through it and out the other side.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 22, 18 2:32 PM
Everest wasn’t too hard. Flag three took me three or four tries, and I came extremely close to running out of moves on flag five, but squeaked by.

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Apr 22, 18 5:53 PM
Miss Beth Ann, like you I have been a silent reader for quite a while. But I too recently discovered the camaraderie of this thread. Your post really touched me. I will be thinking often of you in the months ahead as you fight your new battle, and I will be sending healing thoughts. Be brave, Miss Beth. And take your tablet with you. You can still play. Perhaps there is a way some of us old-but-feisty gals can still keep in touch.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 23, 18 5:30 AM
I have just had a thought, you know the sort of thought that hits like a lightning bolt out of the blue, a brainwave. Anyway, I know many expressed such amazement at the thought of ginger and chocolate together, and it dawned on me, that perhaps many were thinking that the type of ginger that Trav3lbird and I had mentioned is the sort of ginger that you grate up fresh to put in many Asian dishes, or curries etc, NO, NOT that sort of ginger. Its still ginger, but its been treated with a lot of sugar to turn it into either glace or crystallised ginger before its dipped in chocolate. So its hot taste but not too hot, but sweet at the same time, nothing like sweet and sour though. And the ginger from different countries tastes different too. I have had crystallised ginger from Thailand, and its VERY hot, not at all like our beautiful ginger here in Australia. Maybe, thats why some of you thought this was the weirdest thing ever, but its not really. Lindt (the brand) which is available in many countries, make a chili and dark choc block. That is also delicious. Sorry if I got off track again, but I hadn't thought of that before and wanted to put that info here in case someone one day is reading these back and wonders what on earth those Aussies really do eat and think that we are very strange, which we are not.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 23, 18 7:52 AM
Wishing you all the best missbethann. I understand that bladder cancer is very treatable these days and I'm thinking positive thoughts for you.

Thanks to all who posted reminders to check our inboxes for PRIVATE MESSAGES! I had missed a couple!

To all you senior chocolate crystallised ginger nuts: watch your blood sugar!,,lol

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Apr 23, 18 8:59 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Fish

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 23, 18 10:31 AM
Yes,CliveJ, I almost missed my private messages. I didnt know they existed until I saw the reminder. I had 27 unanswered PM's. Glad I checked.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Apr 23, 18 11:05 AM
Hello Senior Citizens, and my apologies for the intrusion, as I usually read and appreciate what you all have to say, but am very reticent about posting anything.

However, since the announcement of the forum closure, I have been wondering something, and have actually PM'd a mod (not giving any name, as that would probably be frowned upon) to ask a question. This has now gone unanswered for three days, despite that person being online for a lot of that time. Therefore I wondered if any of you kind people may know the answer, before the ability to PM or post becomes redundant.

I don't do Facebook, and never will. I wondered if any game updates would still show in the Game Manager? I hope that they would, but as that will be my only source of knowing, I would like to find out if that is the case or not.

I hope you all find a lovely, welcoming home to interact with each other, and who knows, maybe one day I will join you there...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 23, 18 11:23 AM
Hogamefan, what platform are you using? iOS shows updates in the App Store, and I assume Google Play does something similar. If you play on something else we need to know what it is.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Apr 23, 18 12:15 PM
Hi hogamefan,

I think if you play on a PC they should show up in the Game Manager as besides the forum mod announcement in forum itself there was an "update" or "update available" icon beside my Gummy Drop game in the Game Manager when the last PC update was done in November 2017. I saw some folks posting that was not reliable for them all the time but I never had a problem.

Best regards
Glitter

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 23, 18 12:38 PM
If you play on pc there is a section on the left side of the game manager and the updates will show in the queue as 1 or however many you might get, there is a setting on the game manager to do those updates as manual when they come in or you can set it to automatic and when you open the game the download will activate immediately.

If you are a BF club member they send out emails when those updates are ready but I don't know if they do that for non club members.
As far as the mods getting back to you they are very busy and I'm sure they will answer as soon as possible, there is a lot of chaos on the forums right now with the recent announcement stirring people up.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Apr 23, 18 1:32 PM
Trav
I have tried to pm you but cannot get it to go thru.
Fish

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Apr 23, 18 1:33 PM
Wonder what's going on with not being able to pm anymore??
Fish

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 23, 18 1:37 PM
You mean when the forum get marked read only? I imagine the database has grown so large that it is running out of room. PMs are also stored in the same database as the forum, if this is anything like the other forums I’ve been admin for.

Go to: