bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Beware Planet Earth! technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Beware Planet Earth! technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 13 12:39 AM
I just wanted to follow up and let folks know you may be asked to install the following additional programs with this game:

Direct X
Microsoft Visual C++

If you want your game to run correctly please accept the request to install these programs as this game requires these versions of this software to function.

I can assure you that as with all our games, any add ons that come with them are 100% tested and perfectly safe to install.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jul 10, 13 7:35 AM
I did install both add-ons, even though I already have DirectX, but the game still gave me an error message instead of launching. The message says "Failed to create Direct3D9 Device (-2005530516)" Then closes a skeleton window (empty frame) that opened where the game should have been.

Needless to say, I cannot open the game let alone try it out.

PC. Windows XP. All drivers up to date as can be for my operating system. Pisces.

Edited on 07/10/2013 at 7:35:28 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 10, 13 11:37 AM
Hello SilverBranch,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened when you downloaded your game!

I would suggest giving that installation one more try, as it's possible there was a problem during the initial download. For instructions on doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If that's still not working, I would suggest contacting our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to do some more specific investigating to help sort out what's happening.

I'll keep my fins crossed that this is sorted out for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by golfer42 on Jul 10, 13 1:00 PM
Hi am using a PC with window Vista. I will play the game for awhile, then it shut downs with no warning. The Barbgue does not work either.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 10, 13 1:24 PM
Hi golfer42,

Welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Crashing issues like that can be caused by a few different things, but the help article we have here goes over some basic troubleshooting steps if you'd like to take a look:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, our Tech Support Team will be happy to look further into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Jeannieg43 on Jul 13, 13 2:09 PM
SilverBranch wrote:I did install both add-ons, even though I already have DirectX, but the game still gave me an error message instead of launching. The message says "Failed to create Direct3D9 Device (-2005530516)" Then closes a skeleton window (empty frame) that opened where the game should have been.

Needless to say, I cannot open the game let alone try it out.

PC. Windows XP. All drivers up to date as can be for my operating system. Pisces.

I have the same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the Directx Microsoft Visual C++. still get the "Failed to create Direct3D9 Device (-2005530516)" message but I don't get a skeleton window (empty frame) that opened where the game should have been.The game window won't open at all.
I run windows 7 and have all updated drivers too.

Has there been a fix for this yet? Do I need to send a ticket to tech support?

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 2:11:02 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 16, 13 6:11 AM
Heya Jeannieg43,

As you have already uninstalled and reinstalled and also made sure that all your software is updated, I would definitely recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support Team and also to provide them with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in your message.

This way they can have a look at your system and send you specific steps to try and get your game up and running.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left. If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 07/16/2013 at 6:12:08 AM PST

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Aug 31, 13 10:03 AM
After installing the DirectX they recommended I go to microsoft and install all related drivers.

Is this really necessary? They didn't provide a link to them or tell me what to search for. I played the game for about 50 minutes and it got a little sticky at times but on the whole ran okay.

I'm playing on a W7 SP1 laptop that's about 3 1/2 years old (as in the video card is good but the newest or the most 'update-able').

'This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unsual way' error

[Post New]by kath_b on Sep 7, 13 12:09 AM
Hi there! Just wondering if the patch to fix the 'This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an usual way' error message is available yet? According to the Lightmare Studio website, we can't download the patch to fix this directly from their website but have to get it through BigFish (if we bought the game through you, of course!).

I've checked and my system (Windows XP) is updated, and I've been playing the game successfully for several weeks. But today this error message popped up and the game will no longer start.

Thanks for your help!!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Sep 11, 13 5:11 AM
I hope we get some answers! The new forum doesn't seem to be designed for helpfulness.

Go to: