bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Beware Planet Earth!

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Beware Planet Earth! ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Beware Planet Earth! page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Beware Planet Earth!

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 10, 13 6:27 AM
I have either played this game before or there was another game very similar to this where you had to save the cows and I didn't do as good this time as the last because I lost all my cows ... on the very first level . This was on the Story setting which you have to play before being allowed to unlock the Challenge ones .

I had towers everywhere I could and I have to say that I didn't think they were of any use at all because the only way I could get rid of any was to use the ray gun and that took a lot of clicking just to shoot one helmet. You have to put the gun back in the barn to recharge it and, although it doesn't take long to recharge, the cows keep being taken for walkies. If you manage to shoot the carrying a cow the cow has to walk all the way back to the field but can be picked up by other s before it gets back there.

The have low, medium or high levels for speed and toughness depending on whether they are the red ninja?, undercover or trooper types but I found them all tough LOL. There are achievements to earn but I didn't bother checking out to see what they were for knowing I wasn't going to get any.

Sorry devs, too many for my hands to shoot so I am sorry to say that this game is not for MOO(me) but I am sure there are others who will like it.

Cherb

pp pp
pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp ppp
pp pp pp
pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pi
pp pp pp pi
pp pp pip pp pi
pp pp pp p p pi p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pi //|| || pp ppp i
pp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp pp p pp pr pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pi /|\ pp pr /|\ pp pp pp pi /|\
pp pp pp ppp _/\_ pp _/\_ pp pp pp _/\_

Edited on 07/10/2013 at 6:30:09 AM PST

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Jul 10, 13 3:25 PM
cute game.. i played till the end of the demo, and had made up my mind to buy it, but now i don't know, as the last couple of levels really took a lot of ray gunning to get through, and became quite frantic. the constant suggestions to play on Veteran mode were annoying, and i don't think i will ever play Veteran, the game was becoming hard enough to get through without that. i think i will buy it, just to see what else is in store for the intrepid player.

edit: it just gets harder and harder to play of course.... i'll never see Veteran mode.

Edited on 07/10/2013 at 4:28:50 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 10, 13 11:34 PM
The other game you had to save cows was Fizzball - it was a Fizzwizzle game, but not like the puzzle ones.

This is more like PvZ, but not nearly as clever. And by level 8, I was overrun. I lost all the cows. I tried again and saved one. I had towers everywhere, but still couldn't keep up with the Martians.

I think I'll stick to PvZ.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jul 11, 13 10:46 AM
This is another tower defense game--seem to be quite a few lately. They storyline & animation are quite cute. You are a farmer trying to save your cows from being taken away by martians. Directions are quite clear--almost too much so as you play many levels getting directions before you are on your own. My main issue with the game is there was no way that I could tell to speed up gameplay, making each round REALLY long & also no power-ups that would give you different strategies to win the round. I think this would be a great game for kids but a little boring for me personally.

calicat
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by calicat on Jul 15, 13 4:48 PM
this game is almost too difficult to enjoy. sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by kdlyons on Jul 19, 13 1:14 AM
Wish I could get my money back. The levels on the demo were fun. But as soon as you buy as go another couple of levels it get impossible to advance to next levels due to too many aliens at a time. thought there would be more strategy and less frantic clicking.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Beware Planet Earth!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 19, 13 11:51 AM
The most interesting element is that, unlike other tower defense games, the quarry can be dropped and picked up again near the raiders' origin. This makes doing strategic layouts significantly different.

But I'm afraid that I'm not going to buy. The difficulty curve reported by too many others is putting me off.

Go to: